Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

what reflective surfaces do you use as an emergency mirror....?

19 posts, 18 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
...she asks, applying her lipstick using the Photo Booth on her laptop?

I also use my phone selfie camera for it ;)
Ringy
825 posts
I've tried using my phone to pluck a chin hair- resolution wasn't so good- I could feel the little spike but couldn't see it on the phone- so frustrating!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Unfortunately I am one of those really annoying people that carry everything with her in her bag, or have things everywhere.  I have a small compact mirror on my desk at work, one in the top drawer of the bathroom cabinet (short sighted, can't see actual mirror in the bathroom)  one in my handbag, one in the glovebox of my hubby's ute and one in a bowl on my coffee table.  So I have never needed an emergency mirror, but I have once upon a time used the back of a spoon to check myself, I was young probably half drunk at the time though.
Koni
444 posts
Haha an app - first time I've heard of that one Trudi!

Ahhh yes using the phone can be annoying I'm guessing half the time.

Oh wow Chikoboo you're well-prepared!

I always carry a small compact mirror so don't really have an emergency but the lovelies at work have taught me to use the side of the stapler - quite good haha.
alikat
423 posts
My handbag is the tardis of handbags. There is always a compact in there that has a mirror. When I've been out, I've used my cellphone... but the side of a stapler is a new one!
Macs
5351 posts
I never carry a compact. Maybe I should start. I just use my phone or car mirror.
janini9
341 posts
I have been known to use car wing mirrors for application of sunblock and lipstick - not always on my own car either ;)
A glass window can be pretty handy too if the lighting is ok. Shop windows are like full length mirrors!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love the idea of the side of the stapler Koni!

I can't say I've ever had this problem. Usually I have two mirrors in my bag, one is a compact with a hairbrush in and the other a compact with my powder in it just in case I need a touch up during the day.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Usually just the front facing camera on my phone.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I have the bad habit of looking in the windows of parked cars as I walk past to check my hair etc. A couple of times there have been people sitting in the cars... awkward...
MrsLissy
301 posts
I use the front facing camera on my phone all the time!
Julieal
915 posts
Glass window or car side mirror and I have a small compact now at work.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I always have a wee mirror but I don't always have time to locate it in my capacious work bag'(affectionately called my 'suitcase'!)

lol yes the shop window is a good one too
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he the camera on my phone lol 
MissQT
1547 posts
I use my phone too, or the reflection on a window.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have the facing camera on my mobile, one small mirror in the side pocket and 2 in the main part of my bag. I keep another in my drawers at work. It's all good as long as I don't break one.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Phone and even though it's not really reflective, my webcam on my laptop. Eeep
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Funny as only today did I for the first time check myself out on my phone. They moved the full length mirror out of the ladies room at work grrr I always mention each time.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I use my phone camera (of course) and Clinique products often have very shiny lids that are great as mirrors.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!