Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What makeup are you loving right now?

20 posts, 17 members
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm really into a darker brown eyeshadow all over the lid. I've been patiently waiting for the dark and gloomy days so I can do more darker lid shades. Browns are my in between that can work on a sunnier day.Yes, I know I can wear dark colours on hot days but I always feel more inclined to do a brighter look.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I am loving dark lipsticks! Any colour any kind. The vampy looking the better :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Can't wait to see some of these darker looks on you once the gloomy weather sets in, Renee! :D I also love a good brown shadow all over the lid! I struggle to find a good brown that doesn't pull too warm on me though.

What I've been loving lately is an easy bronzey look. I've been wearing a somewhat full coverage base, mascara on the top lashes and lots of bronzer and highlight - easy and 'natural' looking. Haha. I feel it'll change shortly though because it's getting cold I can finally pull out my MAC Stone lippy! Weeee.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've been super lazy with my makeup lately. I've been getting back into wearing eyeshadow everyday again (although I can see that stopping as soon as Winter really hits and I'll want to stay in bed instead)... but also I need to clean up my eyeshadow brushes. For lippy I've been keeping it quite plain with my usual pinks.
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm loving my Too Faced Semi Sweet Palette... I'm enjoying all the different combinations of colour I can do... 
I'm actually neglecting all my other eye shadows in favour of Semi Sweet.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm into deep smokey heavy eyes also autumn colours at the moment.  Constantly reaching for my Kat Von D shade and light eye palette, Morphe 35O and Rovie autumn stacker.  Loving Laura Geller French Vanilla Baked highlighter too as well as the NARS dual intensity eyeshadow in Phoebe.  Almost everyday is capped off with Benefit Rollerlash and a matte lipstick from either Colourpop, Jeffree Star, Stilla or ABH.  Getting pretty comfy in autumn looks they are my favourite =) Kinda like to say a glamour/goth creation.
MareeB
5242 posts
Probably my moisture mist foundation is first cab off the rank for make up right now :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've actually recently just fallen in love with a Younique product - Touch Mineral foundation I think its called.  I really like it and the fact it doesn't irritate my skin is pretty amazing.  It doesn't give as much coverage as it shows on some of these youtube videos I've been seeing but I do have annoying skin ha ha ha.  I only use it now and again when I go out as it is quite pricey but it was a little treat to myself for passing exams.

(P.s I'm not a consultant, I've just personally bought the product as my friend bought this and loved it so wanted to try it for myself).
trudijoy
8375 posts
apart from lippies for the BR challenge I've been reaching for the same things so often lately!

base - Victoria's Secret Fresh Faced Brightening Gel, and either Anna Sui BB cream or Stila Stay All Day foundation, finished with Face of Australia translucent powder, or Maybelline Matte Maker

cheeks - Benefit Rockateur or this cute wee pink CanMake blush I got in Japan, Too Faced Candlelight Glow

brows: Benefit GimmeBrow

eyes: my Anna Sui black liner, Kat von D Tattoo liner or a Betty Boop purple liquid liner I got in japan, EOH amethyst liner, UD 24/7 liner in 'Ether', either my Chichi Smokeys palette or my UD Shadow Box one, and Benefit BadGal Lash mascara

and i have been using neutrogena beach sunblock spray as setting spray and loving it!
Macs
5351 posts
No make up. I still haven't setttled down. My stuffs in storage still. I miss my make up :/
Rezee
1964 posts
Trudi, that sunscreen idea is so good! Do you find it leaves any weird patches on your skin or just dries clear? ?Oh no Macs, hopefully you can get back to your makeup soon!I love seeing all your faves, kind of makes me want to branch out haha.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Rezee it dries clear and because it's a dry mist rather than the wet mists I have (MAC and LA girl) I prefer it. Plus it adds a sunblock layer so i don't have to think, and i usually spritz my hair part, and my ears too
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's genius, Trudijoy!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I favour 2 looks, the smokey eye or 2 bright colours on my eyelid with white always in the corner of my eye. Lipstick wise anything red, pink or purple.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've been favouring a champagne or light sand coloured eyeshadow all over the lid lately, with black eyeliner on my top lid only and mascara.  I team this up with either a tinted lip gloss or a bright pink lip stain.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've been wearing very minimal foundation, and just doing brows, mascara, eyeliner and lips. I have been layering the Chi Chi gel liners with the glitter liners, it makes the glitter liners 'pop' or just stand out more. Loooove it :D 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Banana powder
Brows with all the trimming so a pencil either brow defined or bdb then pomade concealer to clean up and finish with plumper
Highlighter
I use to love the brbrown blush or nude lookin bronze blush but now I'm into the apricoty peachy blush but the current trend is the bronze blush blah so I've been using a atteshade then on top of that either swiping the luminoso or mac wash n dry highlighter as a blush
Fiercely highlighighlighting inner tearduct and cheekbones plus undundeReyes with the Makeup Revolution radiance lighlights palette but now back to the balm Mary Luminizer
White on waterline everyday
Bronzing contouring daily
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Setting spray by smash box and Mario Bedeschu both have been great one is more affordable the other at $60 is great but wth to the price
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I'm loving makeup that lasts all day so a decent primer and powder to keep everything in place. I'm loving a gold Colourpop shadow on my lids and taking time with my mascara to get long, full lashes. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
At the moment just a nude neutral matte eyshadow look with me KVD palette and then a bright pop of colored eyeliner on my lower lids and winged liquid liner on my top lid. I have mono lids so anything on my top lid sort of disappears so I learned to dress up my lower lids more. I did use to do a bit of a gradient look on my lower lids like a green on the outer corner of the lower lids and that blends to teal but I haven't done that recently. I wear a nude lip with colorful lower lids but if it's not really bright I can go with a bit more color. Though sometimes I have a more neutral eye and wear a brighter lip.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!