Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Make Up Do You Collect?

35 posts, 32 members
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I personally love eyeshadow palettes and they're the only things I will buy for the sake of collecting them. Everything else I prefer to buy on a "really want" basis. So what do you collect? Do you collect more than one type of product or just one? Or even not at all?
Danni
324 posts
I don't favour any type of make up if anything it would be eyeshadows but I collect skin care. Like if I find one I really like but already have 3 at home I'll buy another one. Last night at the supermarket the boyfriend had to do damage control when I was looking at skin care! hahah 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Completely unintentional but I seem to collect lippies. When a new formula comes out I used to grab two or three even when I didn't need them. I'm trying to be better about using them up a bit more now. :)
Macs
5351 posts
For me it's lipstick. If I could get the eye shadow palletes that I want nz then it would be them too.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Eyeshadow palettes are awesome, I can see why you would collect them, it's so hard for me not to buy them all! I recently got rid of the palettes I don't use, leaving me with 2, plus my MUG Z palette. I won't be acquiring any more palettes any time soon as I tend to stick to pretty neutral, cool toned looks so I just don't use the range of colours that come in a palette.

I don't 'collect' any products, as I only want to own products that I use. However I do seem to hoard blush, it's my one vice! I love blush, I wear a range of different shades depending on my makeup of the day, so I genuinely do use every blush I own as they're all different tones...there's just a lot. Including what is in palettes, I have 20, and that's after my recent de-stash. It's a tad frustrating though because hitting pan on any of them is impossible!
-Bex-
611 posts
I have just realised I may have a wee bit of an eyeshadow palette obsession so many pretty colours and not make up but my other obsession is face masks I feel like it's going to take me forever to get through them. in one week I brought 3 online with other things and when they arrived i was like seriously woman is there need?! 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I don't purposely collect anything, though I do seem to gravitate towards shimmey champagne and taupe eyeshadows. I also have quite a few Clinique chubby sticks, as I love the formula.
MareeB
5239 posts
Eye liner  - liquid and pencils. I have tons :(
Lutece
1849 posts
Hi darlin, I collect lipsticks and eye liners or alsorts :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Honestly,  probably everything.  When I get it in my head that I want to try out a new product, instead of being a normal person and buying one, I seem to buy as many as I possibly can.  
I do find it hard to say no to an eyeshadow palette though, I told myself so many palettes ago that I wouldn't buy anymore for a while but my while seems to be very fleeting ;)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I'm the same as you wannabeMUA - eyeshadow palettes. I want all the palettes ever :3 I broke my no spend and FINALLY got the Lorac Pro 2 palette as birthday present for myself haha 
Jesse
745 posts
Lipstick, nail polish and bronzer! I live in fear of running out of bronzer and my skin looking flat and washed-out haha.
george
150 posts
I'm a lipstick addict! Although I've started on eyeshadows.. I barely wear them! 
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I love trying new foundations, blushes and lipsticks most of all
lana-la
67 posts
I am such a make up hoarder it's ridiculous. In terms of my most "collected" items it would have to be lip products. I have around 50 lipliners, 30-40 lip glosses, uncountable lip balms and am sitting at around 150lipsticks. In my defence I do use my collection both on myself and on clients
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I am a sucker for eyeshadows and lipstick. 
With both I gravitate towards matte formulas and I really love purples, neutrals, cool tones (taupes especially) and odd colours.
I try to only buy lipsticks that I REALLY want because they have an expiry date, whereas with eyeshadows I don't particularly care because powders last forever haha.
ladythorn
108 posts
I am a die hard matte lipstick lover..  Can't get enough!! :)
skingeek
537 posts
Nail polish and lipstick because I love changing colours every day. I also have a tonne of mascara
MareeB
5239 posts
I also love moisturisers and have to work to empty them before hey crowd me out. Always on the look out for the one that will make me look 17....
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lip balm, nail polish and coloured eyeliner but lately lipstick too
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Lipstick and nail polish!
Mila
1209 posts
Lipsticks, nail polishes and lip balms !!!
astylecollector
204 posts
I have hoarder tendencies and I collect quite a few things. Hence my blog name A Style Collector.

For makeup, I collect lipsticks. I just can't help it! I have around 80 lipsticks which is crazy but I still want more. I'm also acquiring a ridiculous amount of foundation, perfumes and nail polishes.

I can't help myself!
Koni
444 posts
Lippies, blush and highlighters which as of April 24th I'm being strict about not acquiring more going forward. Need to get rid of a lot before I can make more (smarter) purchases haha.
MissQT
1547 posts
Nail polish. I already have far too many yet my collection keeps grieving and growing.
Danni
324 posts
Also realised I collect body wash! The boyfriend was like oh if you go to the supermarket and get this this and this with my card you can buy yourself something. I went stright to the body wash section and picked one out and that was my treat...$2.50 worth of body wash...The original source vanilla and raspberry one to be exact :P even though I already have numerous other soaps needing to be used...
AmandaJane
1147 posts
At the moment and I think this will continue, I'm into replacing everything I have with natural and/or organic products. Slowly getting there. If I had a choice of things to collect it would probably be eye shadows but I'm trying to contain myself :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
ALL THE THINGS!!! lol no seriously I have to do a collection video I was putting my haul away last night and talking to the hubby saying that I was a highlight hoarder, then I realised I have a blush, lipstick, bronzer, eyeshadow palette problem too - total 1st world problems I know lol
Baylee3180
16 posts
I love to collect lipsticks even though I hardly wear any of them, I just love the colours.
karspaul
26 posts
I'm getting quite the eye shadow collection, even though most days I tend to just have a winged liner look. I really need to get a bit more inspired with using them... it's such a waste!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I too used to collect eyeshadows for the sake of having them haha.  I now collect lipsticks in every shade of brands I love. 
I love eye shadow, eye liner and mascara  :-)  
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
Nail polish - I LOVE nail polish and have such a large collection! I just keep buying new shades
I am with you on the nail polish MissAimeeJean! 
Kylenefs
68 posts
Nail polish have heaps of different colors 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!