Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What extreme look would you love to try out....

46 posts, 23 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
... even if you probably won't?

I'd love to do the multicoloured rainbow hair thing for a while.  When I change jobs I'm dead keen to go for an out there dye, but that would be TOO out there!
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I would love to go for an out there hair colour. There's no real reason Abu I couldn't except for getting the courage to do it. My brothers girlfriend has the most gorgeous lavender/silvery purple hair that just makes me jealous every time I see her
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh yes trudijoy, I so want to do that rainbow look too, or dye my hair like a brighter purple.  Actually I would like to colour my hair the colour of the purple/pink of BR's theme colour at the top of this post lol.  I've always loved that colour.  Not sure if its more of a magenta type colour.  I actually used some hair chalk in that colour and loved it, so maybe a new me lol xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm actually thinking I might go deep dark purple.... used to have jet black hair with a layer about halfway through of bright pink and purple streaks. . .  I miss that.

But the rainbow would be cool.  I'm grey naturally lol
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've been trying to find the perfect deep purple, but alas I am still looking, just like my search for the perfect purple, its just not happening right now.  Pintsize knows my dilemma aye hun lol xx I bought a hair dye once and I was like OMG thats the colour, dyed my hair and it didn't even look purple.  Do I need to maybe bleach it beforehand to get it?
trudijoy
8375 posts
my purple streaks were a full on electric violet to match the hot pink.  My hairdresser did bleachouts then used either Joico or Fudge dyes on it and it looked amazing.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'd go full rainbow but I need the $$ to have my hair bleached professhhhh - I mean I could do it at home but I'd get a haircut at the same time etc etc. I just died over half of my bleached hair cos I was sick of the upkeep, but I might do my fringe again, I dunno yet ;-P
pintsize
1072 posts
Mumof3munchkins I remember you doing that... purple suited you but I recall your disappointment as it wasn't as bright as you had hoped.
Lightening it would help lift the colour (I love Fudge Paintbox in Blueberry Hill, which is not being produced anymore due to an oxidizing of colour apparently).  As you know by my profile picture extreme hair is kind of my daily go to... I have turquoise and electric blue with hints on green and purple at the moment (some say mermaid other say peacock lol).

I reckon life is too short to wonder what if and maybe; regret the decisions you choose to make not the ones you didn't (some profoundness for the day lol).
trudijoy
8375 posts
IKR Shaz - I lightened my hair from black to brown myself at home and it was such a hell of a process, but I was too povvo to pay the $350 I was quoted. . . did it myself over a month for like fifty bucks haha. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Pintsize speaking of that purple by Fudge, it's in my hair now, it's oxidizing very slowly because I haven't been washing my hair!! So it's still super purple atm :D you can tell it's doing it but it's not as fast cos of the shampoo or lack of it haha. Does that make sense?
trudijoy
8375 posts
pintsize i agree entirely. . . but my ultra conservative school community doesn't haha.  I know I've resigned anyway but still.  My time will come hehe
shazatron101
5112 posts
lol don't tell me that Trudi.. Don't tell me that! I have big bad urges to do a home job so if I do it I'm blaming you :P 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shaz if you do try it at least ask me for advice haha I managed NOT to fry my hair, but i've been dying it myself a loooooooooong time now, and I had decent conditioners at hand.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I really want to get the Manic Panic blonding kit, I think Chikoboo did a review on it and my eyes were hearts reading it cos it sounds awesome! but again, need the $$ haha. and then buying the dye I want... D: at least cos I don't shampoo my hair it'll look cooler for longer lol. stop giving me all the bad ideas!! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
never
pintsize
1072 posts
Only time I have seen it turn was during application (as in left on too long) and it went green but washed out to purple again.

Oh I hear you Trudijoy, the only reason I can do my hair less conservatively now is due to working for myself.  Even being tucked away beind a desk in the past meant I couldn't be as flamboyant as I am now.  

Some major life events have made me not care so much about others opinions as well.
I still get a few looks of disapproval down at the school but it's never from anyone that matters ;)
hmm whats that saying again... those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter (something along those lines) but yes time and place is crucial if it impacts on your earning ability

I hope if you do something different you'll post pictures :)
pintsize
1072 posts
Manic Panic is not cheap but I can say I have had great results from Schwarzkopf (11-0) and invest in a good deep conditioner.  Plus you can take advantage of the beauty deal voucher on here :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've not tried Schwarzkopf (god I hate spelling that) blonding kits, but I'm weary of them anyway as their brown dye was black and their customer service team sucked when I told them my troubles! Maybe I'll look into it but I don't see it on the cards, but thanks for the tip lovely x
chikoboo
3402 posts
Hehehe I'm pretty hardcore if I like a look I'll just do it regardless hence the endless list of hair colours I've been and unlimited amount of different colours in my makeup arsenal :) currently I'm back to my original hair colour of dirty dark blonde and as much as I like it I'm tempted to do a flash of duo colours of peacock green and teal, and maybe purple so look out for that
chikoboo
3402 posts
Shaza I have used that manic panic lightening kit and wouldn't use anything else as it was so gentle on my coarse hair and took me from Red head to white blonde!
pintsize
1072 posts
Oh thats a shame Shaz, I have to admit I prefer the 11-0 and I find it elusive at times... 10-0 is not light enough (and I haven't had to deal with their CS dept)  I have also tried LA Directions lightening kit... urgh... not for me.

I am liking the darker base on me at the moment so have ditched touching up my regrowth and applying darker blue to that to cover it and make it almost black.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Probably a purple like reddish purple hair. I like to do a lot of braids and my almost black hair hides the detailing so would love a color where the braids show.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Shannon that MP kit is totally worth the $$. It took my hair from black to yellow blonde without frying it. If you want something cheaper you can use the Nordic blonde kit - I use that whenever I bleach my hair but be warned its super harsh and always makes my hair feel like straw after using it. It works though!

Two things I would like to do are get a side cut in my hair and to stretch my ear lobes. I won't get a side cut just because I don't want to have to go through the process of it growing out. I think they look awesome though. I've tried stretching my earlobes before and the jewellery has always fallen out which is irritating. One thing I will be doing though is starting my quarter sleeve tattoo when I get back from overseas :)
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I would love to see your hair in all those colours you were talking about Shannon!!!  You would totally rock them!  I must try that Manic Panic Lightening kit sounds amazing!  I have to say there's not much I haven't done that isn't 'out there'  I have been every colour of the rainbow in my hair, cut it so many times in edgy styles.  What I can say I will be doing which alot of people find out there and silly sometimes is I will be covered shoulders to toes in tattoos by the time I am 50 and I am nearing the end of that journey already :( !  It is my life long mission to have a body suit in my passion....ink.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I know ombre is probably considered past it by now... but I would love to ombre some pastel blue into the bottom of my hair... especially because when I got sick of it I could cut the ends off and just have shorter hair.
But it won't happen as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be happy with me having that in my job.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
KirstyJ, i am the exact same! I know ombre could be considered old news but i still want to get it done and have my ends lightened
Macs
5351 posts
I wanted to shave down one side of my hair and colour it pink but my partner didn't want me to do that. So I'm thinking of a new hair dye just the ends.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Pink and purple hair. I've done an ombre brunette/pink but I've never been brave enough to do my whole head.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Purple lips, or any bold deep purple lip & wear it out in public & an ombre red dye with a cut also a chemical straightening nothing too far out just different for me. Also some bold coloured shadows with some coloured mascara.
DianaN
143 posts
For me, it's bold eyes! I really like my eyes - I think they're probably my best feature but because I wear glasses, I never bother to put effort in them because I feel like they won't be noticed much anyway. 
However, I wore some eyeshadow on Monday, and some eyeliner today and my friends complimented me on it and saying that they make my eyes look huge and stand out! I am definitely keen to get into more eye looks now. :)
LinF
63 posts
For all you ladies that want to go wild with hair colour. We had a really big family Christmas last year, house was filled with elderly, middle aged, teenagers and tots. I decided to do what I have always wanted, use wild colours in my hair, but I didn't want to dye it so I went for hair chalks and Donnalou was my inspiration watch her video and enjoy it. I finally chose purple & turquoise, see hairchalk.co.uk/ for inspiration and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4QzHeUE-CM to enjoy.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I agree with Pintsize - for those of you that want to try the multi-coloured hair thing (and can, with work permitting etc) should totally go for it! I find it so empowering going ahead with a big change like that :)

I looove super extreme lip colours, like black/grey etc, but can never pull them off with my non-existent lips. Some people look incredible wearing them though! *drool*

And Kirsty - I'm only now starting to appreciate the whole ombre thing too...I'm thinking of going for a standard ombre this weekend as my dark hair isn't agreeing with my light roots, booo!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Diana you DO have lovely eyes :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'd love rainbow hair. I could get away with it by not working with public. My hair is naturally dark. Everyone used to call it black so it would take alot of strip it back. Totally going to make some phone calls! See if I can find someone keen to try
Julieal
915 posts
The rainbow hair I saw when I was at Mooloolaba last week was stunning -If I was younger I would definately try this - A really summery and happy look.
alikat
423 posts
Many years ago, when I worked in creative industries (NOT creative accounting... that is kind of not a done thing ehehe) I used to have an asymetical bob cut, with the left side having a long piece in front of my ear that was much longer than the rest of my hair on that side. It looked amazing.

I should find a photo for the beauty photo wall.

But my hairdresser decided to kick it up a notch and we dyed my light brown hair to a warm darkest brown, almost black and bleached the asymetical piece of hair and dyed it red.

The next day, one of the signwriters walked past me and started to freak out because he thought my ear was bleeding. Nope. Was just the red hair. That piece got put into all sorts of colours - Red, green, purple, pink, blue. I miss it, but sadly, I can't get away with things like that at work now.

I'd go back to doing that hairstyle in a heart beat!
MareeB
5239 posts
Pintsize my niece has green hair. I've seen it so much (on FB, not in person)  that it looks completely normal now.
MareeB
5239 posts
..sounds like there's gonna be a lot of rainbow coloured hair around in the future...
Macs
5351 posts
I think coloured hair will look really cool. Be cool to see a BR member do it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahaha. Maybe! I was reading an article yesterday in my googley search and this girl slathered her hair in coconut oil, left it in overnight and proceeded to bleach her hair with the oil still in. Article here. Any thoughts?
MareeB
5239 posts
That's a very interesting article Shaz - I wonder why no one's ever thought of oiling hair before bleaching it before???
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dunno! It was interesting. I'd love to know if it does work, like sure for HER it worked but what about someone going from black to blonde? Lol
Rezee
1964 posts
I love how rainbow hair looks but the upkeep would be too much for me. I'd also love to wear blue lipstick of black but I know I wouldn't want to leave the house with it on.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I went a little crazy at the hairdressers last night and on a whim went really short with an undercut at the back, my curls fall over it so I can still look professional if required but I got such a rush! from the front it looks like a normal gradiented bob.  The look on the hubby's face when he saw me was priceless and giggles ensured all night but it is fun, so that is pretty extreme for me, only went to grade 4 to get used to the feeling then my hairdresser said if I wanted too for free I can go back for a grade 2 and a little higher next week.  Mwahaha next thought was "should I colour the undercut and what colour" to which the hairdresser said a neon would be awesome, but I wear a hi vis all day 5 days a week and that might clash a tad hehehe.  So that's another day whim no doubt =)
Macs
5351 posts
Oh some colour would be cool with your new hair cut chik. Thats good that you only took off a little bit. I like the look of that kind of hairstyle. Its current and fresh.
kayxcake
422 posts
I have seen the multicolored rainbow hair on a short haired girl years ago and it looks amazing! I have always wanted to try the "so-in-trend-now" grey wavy hair and also the pastel pink and blue and lavender hair. So pretty ^^

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!