Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What did Beauty review make you buy?

11 posts, 9 members
LaurenM
11 posts
Whats a product that got such a glowing review that you just had to go and get so you could try it for yourself? and what did you think? did it live up to the hype?

I recently went out and got the Revlon colour stay oily/combination foundation. This has been around for a while but at $46 a bottle I was kinda hesitant to spend that much money! Normally I would just grab a Rimmel or Maybelline foundation, but the glowing reviews of the Revlon Colour Stay convinved me. Luckily Farmers had a 30% of Revlon sale today so it was only $32.....

I haven't tried it yet but I have high expectations! review to come :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
The question for me should be, what hasn't BR made me buy? In a good way this site has enabled me so much and I love it.
Like I always knew about Lush but I didn't know about it until hitting the forum, yah know what I mean? Then there's Oasis and their famous free sample sizes you could trial prior to purchase nowadays they're added into your cart, but that's still a bonus. What else? Oh yeah Beautylish. So Basically I've named the sites and brands BR has introduced me too because naming each product would be longer then what I'm already posting. Imagine that? Lol.
However when purchasing a product due to a good review what I did notice is some would live up to the review and some wouldn't so now I weigh up the amount of good review's versus cons and whatever outweigh's, is the decision maker on if I purchase or not.
MareeB
5241 posts
It was sugar scrubs for me. Other people seem to love them. I found out I don't!

And BBBE's, which I do love!
Macs
5351 posts
Heaps of products. Too Faced Chocolate Bar no regrets on that one. Bossy Coffee scrubs. Best Beauty Boxes. The very first box through to now. I'm hoping they will upload the past boxes . 
trudijoy
8375 posts
bright lipstick, expensive candles, liquid eyeliner, in-shower body conditioner, highlighter, proper brushes and coffee scrubs!
trudijoy
8375 posts
ooh and brow products
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I think like Kerri said what didn't I buy that I heard about on here? Before BR I only bought a small handful of beauty products and rarely bought online, most stuff I purchased in stores. After BR I mostly shopped online, my skincare routine went from five steps to like ten. I discovered makeup brushes like RT and just one brush for blush and two eyeshadow brushes weren't enough. I discovered body scrubs and butters. I went from just using the same type and brand of body lotion year round to spending good money on beautiful body oils and butters. I discovered what has now been my favourite haircare line. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
....and just today I bought the Lush Scrubee bar at Soozie's suggestion through the BR forum.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Maybe not so much an intentional buy originally but statement lips, the bolder the better. I can thank a BBBE for that.
JessB
219 posts
There are quite a few instances where I'd say BR has empowered me to try a product. ColourPop products is a big example - I didn't know of ColourPop until some lovely ladies began talking about it on a forum. Now I'm head over heels for their matte lipstick. I was always curious about but never committing to trying brow products, but with a few articles and reading reviews I was able to trust in a product enough (well in the people reviewing the product) to give it a go. I now have a brow pencil I use all the time and a mellow brow gel which unfortunately is too dark for me but has introduced me to how brow gel works. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'd always been skeptical of natural deodorants, but I received a pot of No3's Underbalm in a BR trial over a year ago, and this product has been a permanent must-have in our house ever since!  

Skinfood's Body Butter was a product that I purchased after reading numerous glowing reviews on BR, and it's now my favourite body butter.  Another favourite is Lipidol's face cleansing oil, I have tried other face oils based on BR reviews, but I just prefer Lipidol to all the others that I've tried.

A BR splurge purchase of mine was the LE Moisture Mist Beauty Cake with the fantail packaging.  I'd put my hand up for the trail team on this product, but just fell in love with the packaging and I couldn't wait to see if I got a trial team invite ... it was my first bad case of FOMO, I went and bought it the day that they were released in stores.  Needless to say, a week later I received a trail team invite and turned it down.  Lol!  I might regret the splurge, but that packaging is just so cute!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!