Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

what beauty treatment do you find the most relaxing?

28 posts, 19 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
After the two weeks I've had I keep being reminded to take care of myself. After a week in hospice, and then all the planning with Dad's memorial, and his actual farewell today, I haven't really had much of a chance to think about me, but I'm heading home next week and am keen to spend some time and money on myself. I'm thinking a massage, maybe, as I got a pedi the other day because I needed some time out.

what relaxes you the most? What's most worth the coin- in your opinion?
MareeB
5241 posts
Trudi I totally missed that going on for you, and I hope you will please accept my deepest sympathies. It sounds like your Dad put up a good fight and had his greatest supporters at his side. I'm thinking of you and sending healing vibes xxx
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks Maree. He was sick 7 years and three months, and terminal for nearly four of those. Please donate to hospice, people. That's all I can say really <3
MareeB
5241 posts
That's a long time for him and for your family Trudi. I hope you can all heal together. I find a good bottle of something, some music with memories, and feel whatever you feel is good sometimes!
rebekahcramp
14 posts
Do you know what is amazing, float tanks!!! They are so relaxing and beneficial for people who have been going through large amounts of stress. K
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Maree x

Rebekah that's really interesting. Not sure if I'd feel claustrophobic?
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Thinking of you Trudi xx When you do get around to it, whatever you decide to do it'll be amazing I bet. I personally love spending theone and getting my hair done and nails done. It relaxes me and makes me feel so good afterwards :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
My condolences.
For relaxation - massage, and for making myself feel better - something like getting my hair, make up or nails done.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Sorry to hear that Trudi. For relaxation I would suggest a massage. You can go to a nice place or look for some beauty therapists/masseuse starting or that has a small home business. I find them pretty good for a lot less. Another really relaxing treatment is a spa bath in a place that has facilities for that. If you really want to double treat yourself have a massage after a spa bath.
Macs
5351 posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. 

My two favourite relaxing treatments would be a pedicure and neck massage. 
Ringy
825 posts
I agree with float tanks- so good. I like massages but I find a lot of the time I end up getting sick straight afterwards, I think they can release toxins or something (according to google) and it seems to happen to me frequently and makes getting massages a counter productive effort. 
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Sorry to hear your loss trudi. Big huge from me.

what a coincidence macs. My relaxing beauty treatment is pedicure and neck and shoulder massage too. For massage I like personally lush therapy massage bar. This bar has lavender and neroli oil.So relaxing after that.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Deepest condolences Trudi.
Personally I find the ocean to be very relaxing for me when I am really stressed. Not going in it, and some times depending on the weather I might not even leave the car!
And craft. As many of you know I embroider, but doing any thing with your hands, keeping them moving and creating something is relaxing and satisfying.
MrsRosie
214 posts
Saddened to hear of your loss Trudi, may your day be at peace.

I have seen floation tanks all over socail media at teh moment and would love to try one. Check out this blog for a review on one : https://whathazelsaid.co.nz/

For me personally I go to the gym to help me relax, beauty wise - I do find when I get my brows and lashes tinted I have to sit still for 30mins and its very relaxing. Otehrwise what the other ladies said and treat yourself to a massage, you can never go wrong. Take care xx
MrsRosie
214 posts
oh gosh my apologies - that meant to read Dad be at peace xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks everyone. ATM I'm leaning towards a massage, getting highlights done, and having my brows done I think. That could all change though <3
Check out the treat me and grab one sites you might find a great deal for some pampering stuff  then you can get twice as much for your money :) . If you go to a spa check other their other tho of massages like a hot stone massage or a Vichy (water massage) 
2lilmnkys
106 posts
My deepest condolences Trudi.

I find pedicure, facials and massages relaxing.
Kimrose
1416 posts
Oh Trudi, I have missed you!  Such a sad situation for you and your family,and for such a long time. I do agree, Hospice is such a wonderful organization, such kind and caring people.  Sending you a huge hug and warm thoughts xx

For me, I love a full, body massage. I will include luxury pedicure as well to top it off. I had a facial and lash tint today but it just isnt the same.
Take care of you xx

shazatron101
5112 posts
I haven't paid for a beauty treatment in far too long, but I think a massage/facial and a mani/pedi sounds nice. A bath would be nice too. I also like head scratches, and the salon kind of do them when they're washing your hair hahaha. Whatever you decide, make the most of it x
trudijoy
8375 posts
Maybe I'll do something nice once a week for a while.

The oceans been my happy place for a very long time xx keen to hit the gym/pool hard too
kirstyj
1732 posts
I think taking care of yourself is more than just physical stuff. When I say it to someone (including you :) ) I mean things like, make sure you take time to process your own feelings instead of focusing on others, do things you enjoy doing, eat things you enjoy. Do things for yourself rather than others. And I hope you are doing these things in this tough time.

With beauty treatments I feel well qualified to answer this as I pay for everything under the sun :P

Get your hair done, you feel great when you do it - getting pampered, free coffees/teas, great magazines. And then afterwards you still have fab hair that you get reminded of each time you see it. My other fav is a facial. Most of the time these involve a massage as well (my lady does it while you have a mask on) but afterwards your skin looks great as well. Other fav is one I know you like too of getting your nails done. So cheap but lasting pretty results.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah Kirsty you're totally right. I'm pretty good at looking after me now: I think this is about feeling like someone else is looking after me for a while
kirstyj
1732 posts
Glad to hear it Trudi. I agree about someone else looking after you. I think that is why I like paying for beauty treatments. It's guilt free someone looking after me. If my partner or anyone offers a massage I feel bad, like "uh you don't really want to", when I pay for it I find it much more relaxing.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Trudi I'm so sorry. I volunteer for my local hospice every week. They do great work. Thinking of you.
Artemis
311 posts
Sincere condolences, Trudi, sorry to hear that.

I agree with others who have suggested a hair treatment of some kind - I love walking out of the hairdressers feeling like I look great.
Take lots of quiet moments in the day just for you too - coffee and a magazine, or whatever gives you the most enjoyment.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Today I impulse bought a jacket and got my roots done. That's today's pampering sorted <3 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Sounds good there Trudi
I also had a little pamper got my nails done at night then today since Ive experienced over 7 days of a broken washing machine but managed to catch up with over 100kgs of washing by today since Monday fortnight I decided a treat for myself was due so I got me the 250ml Loccataine Almond oil gel since it's always sold out & I backordered got the txt yesteady & made the executive decision to get it & some sheet masks bc I'm traveling away Queens bday weekend. I also went out and got my babies new clothes to balance out the spending.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!