Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Violet Box - Who has received theirs?

47 posts, 29 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey lovelies, just had my Violet Box delivered, has anyone else? Can't wait to open.  Will be doing a youtube unboxing, so if you are subscribed to my channel and don't want the surprise ruined, please don't watch it he he he.
Kellie
570 posts
Got it!  Loved it :)  Nearly did an unboxing vid but got too impatient waiting for the little human to go down for her nap so just gripped it and ripped it!
Susilia
484 posts
Which courier did it come with, ladies? I'm living at the bottom of Southland, so I'm guessing I'll get it next week...:(
Kellie
570 posts
Mine just came in the post  :)
taraflynn
31 posts
Have just looked that the violet box... was wondering what you ladies think, is it work the sunscription I dont want to sign up to something that is not worth it, have looked on the orginal thread regarding the violet box and saw that some ladies have negiative to say about it, regarding the billing????
Kellie
570 posts
The first box was WELL worth it.  But I assume a first box is always good as they're trying to hook you in.  Which they've succeeded :)   I'll definitely be getting a second.  Fingers crossed they started as they mean to go on. There was a bit of a mixup with the overcharging, but they rectified it - with mixed results apparently.  However considering the value of the box I'm not bothered by a few cents or a $1 or $2 :)  (Although if it becomes a constant mixup and the box standard drops I will unsubscribe - I'm pretty easygoing, but only to a point.)
kayxcake
422 posts
I live in Auckland, why haven't I got mine? *sigh*
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Pretty happy with it, a couple of things I wasn't fussed about but the other products more than made up for it.  If you want to check out my video, check it out here.  If you haven't got yours yet, don't watch it he he he 
Bronnie
78 posts
Shoes on and off for a walk down to the letterbox now!  Heres hoping!!

Yes - it has arrived, way to go rural post!  Well I must say I am very impressed and will use all of the product I recieved in my box.  I will continue my subscription and can't wait for the next one!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Mumofmunchkins thanks for that. I feel at ease now :) Hurry up mr rural posty man.

( I wanted to wave back at ya lol)
Susilia
484 posts
Oh gosh, how long will I last to not spoil it for myself? Yayyy
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I've always been really hesitant about these beauty boxes because I just know I'll end up with a bunch of stuff I would never use. But mumof3munchkins I watched your clip and it looked pretty awesome I gotta say!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Just got mine and very happy, only one thing in there I won't be using but other than that well worth the money.  Think I'll keep subscribed for the next box =)
kayxcake
422 posts
what courier company are they with?
taraflynn
31 posts
Mumof3munchkins thanks heaps, just went and looked at your utube clip of opening the violet box.... I think you have convinced me to give it a go for Mays one, hears hoping it will be as good as that one :)
karspaul
26 posts
I havent received mine, but had a look at my Violetbox account and it still says processing, so now I dont know if I'm even getting mine this month at all. Which upsets me :( sniff sniff....
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I'm not a fan of the modelco lipgloss
katypatatie
142 posts
It always says processing, you will be getting yours, don't stress :)
MrsLissy
301 posts
I got mine today! It was such a nice suprise in the mail when I got home. I had a quick look today but I'm not supposed to be spending money so I've hidden it from Hubby and I'll have a good look and try things out on Saturday :)
gaijinchick
147 posts
Got mine today.  Seems ok, but not sure how much use I'll get out of the products as I'm quite pale.  I think I'm just too picky about my makeup products to do a monthly subscription box. :)  Maybe a monthly skin care box, if there is one...
Rezee
1964 posts
I so can't wait to get mine, hope I use everything otherwise I'll unsubscribe since I already have so many products to get through anyway. But I am very much looking forward to getting it anyway!

xjayloux
900 posts
Not my cup of tea seeing what was in the box! I think im still heart broken sample bar has closed =( 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Violet box is being delivered by the mail service so when your mail comes so will the box, Saturday is a mail day for many areas so if you normally see the postie on Saturday then there is chance you will get it then if not received today.  Postie left mine in the letterbox (well the space under it =)
colleencanary
764 posts
I'm not sure how I feel about the box, I was expecting it to be quite high end after seeing lots of the Aussie unboxings and the amazing products, but saying that I think I might jump in for the next box and see what happens.
Kaya1971
15 posts
I got mine today too - am pretty happy with it.  Will use everything in it so well worth the money.
gtsgrl
169 posts
I got mine after work today and I am very happy with the contents.  I may not use one of the products as it may not be the right shade but I guess that's the risk you take with subscription boxes.
I'll do another couple and see how it goes, but at this stage I'm more than happy.
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I watched Sarah's unboxing and I have to say I'm actually kind of glad I did'nt get one, So not sure If I should get may's box or not? 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh sorry you weren't that fussed over it hun.  Maybe it was my video that you put you off lol.  There were a couple of things I wouldn't use, but the value you got from it (the products I would use) and the price I paid, I thought were well worth it.  It wasn't as spectacular as I thought it was going to be since watching the Youtube videos, but I still like them.  With the products I won't use, I usually give them away to friends, or put them in a nice box and give them away as presents, that way its like they are also receiving the box.  Great gift ideas :-)  I keep my friends and family well stocked up on beauty products he he he.
Susilia
484 posts
I just cancelled without receiving my first box, lol. I looked around and saw how many unopened, unused products I have, it's horrible! And I ordered so much korean stuff from roseroseshop and there are so many memeboxes coming my way, I'm a crazy box-lady!:D
Just got mine today and I live rural Hamilton, I'm pleased with my products probably on one thing I wouldn't normally use but will give it a go! Will stay subscribed for my next box and see how it goes :)
KrystleF
158 posts
I just got mine delivered today (I'm in Wellington) and I wouldnt rave about it but will see how the next box is before I decide if I am going to cancel it.

I didnt receive a card that explains all the products and the powder colour was very dark for my skin tone- did everyone receive the Amber colour? Bit of a shame to include a colour that probably isnt going to suit many people and it was their 'hero' product (being the most expensive in the box) Although I did read one girls blog saying she was going to try it as a bronzer which could be an idea.
brushandbullet
395 posts
I didn't order a box but have seen quite a few people say the colour included doesn't suit them. There seems to be a few different colours, so maybe you could set up a swap? Perhaps through the facebook group?
gaijinchick
147 posts
I received amber too and, as you can see from my pic, I'm very fair. :) I did try it as a contour and it was actually quite nice. It blends really well.
cassandramyee
31 posts
I thought the April box was SO good, it worked out to be around $146 worth of products. For only paying $29.95 that is an amazing deal! I did a review of it on my blog if you want to read more about it and see what was included - cassandramyee.blogspot.com
janeybee83
45 posts
I just signed up to get the May box to see what its all about. If I don't like it, I'll give it another chance and see what June's is like before I cancel.

kayxcake
422 posts
mine still is no show :( and it's still showing as "processing". may i the only one?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
A few haven't received theirs yet I believe hun, if you're worried, maybe message them on facebook, they are usually really good at getting back to you.  It could also be because of the public holidays we've been having so maybe a slight delay to some areas.  

In regards to the processing side of things, Violet Box said that as long as you are subscribed, it will always say processing :-)
kayxcake
422 posts
Oh thank you :) I will try them on fb!
MaryCherry
18 posts
My box showed up on Saturday which was a bit of a surprise, it came all the way from Australia so I would expect that a few might get delayed. I am a bit so-so about my box as it was missing a product, but grateful I got a powder shade I can use. I am hoping the next one is good!
abbeyq
5 posts
what is violet box? Ive never heard of it before
abbeyq
5 posts
what is violet box? Ive never heard of it before
lapereau
46 posts
I got mine and I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Like gaijinchick though, one of the things I got was waaaaaaaay off for my complexion but I think I have found another use for it.

Will definitely be getting the next one, even if this one was just a one off, fantastic box!
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
My friend got some birthday violet points, now does anyone know how to use them? as i have no idea
chikoboo
3402 posts
Mrs_rain85, I got some too that I totally forgot about, their website hasn't been updated the last time I looked I'll take a lookies and post back if I find anything.  I believe they can be used in the shop area and will be on her account, however the shop area of the website wasn't functionally when I last checked.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Have completely forgotten when they get sent out again, could someone please confirm this lol.  
Didn't know you got points though, thanks for sharing.  Is that for everyone or just if its your birthday?
Kellie
570 posts
I think they send them out around mid-month so they get to us by the end of the month.  Also I got points for my birthday but I don't think I can spend them yet because the shop part of Violet Box nz still doesn't appear to exist.  (I can't wait for it to exist!  Shop!  Shop!  SHOP!)
Hollie
320 posts
Hi, on their Facebook page it says they'll be dispatched by the end of the week - pretty excited, as I'm so keen to try that lash prep/conditioner/mascara......

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!