Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Vault products - what have you tried and fallen in love with?

30 posts, 19 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
So far I've tried 3 things I got in the latest vault - and it's safe to say I love them all!

Mellow Lip Paint in London is a great colour and formula - so pretty!

The Artiste Foundation/Concealter brush is great for application but because of the shape it's proving useful to actually insert into my foundation bottle and use my (not cheap) foundation right up, for once!

The St Ives Oatmeal Scrub/Mask is super gentle but already I can see that it's made a bit of difference to my skin, and it feels lovely.

Thanks BR!!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've tried everything, and I am in like with everything so far! I was surprised the eye cream isn't a cream, but more a serum, and the oil well... That's just awesome lol. And I love Twilight anyway soooo :P
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm working my way through the items in the Reversaderm kit. I'm trying not to fall in love with it as the full size products are a bit pricey (Ive used similar items which are a bit more affordable though) Love Mellow London but I'm still getting the hang of matte liquids. I'm happy the eye cream is more of serum. It's good for daytime as I use quite a heavy cream at night. The Goodness balm I've used before and loved so that was a restock.

Thanks again BR!
JessB
219 posts
I'm definitely in love with the goodness balm! I've been wanting to try it since the last vault. Though I want to use it a couple more times before reviewing.  I already love the goodness cleanser, so I got one of those. And have to agree with the quality of the Mellow matte lip paint, I have Milan and it's my perfect colour. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I've coloured my hair with the hairdrye from the vault the omega plex it's very nice, in both formula and colour I will be giving a review once I see how long it lasts. I just got a keratine treatment and combined with the hair dye my hair is healthier.
Dr Lewin's skincare this is my second day. It's pleasantly fragranced and has a good result. Although it doesn't give me any tingling I can see my skin likes it. I would say it's not replacing the ordinary skincare but I do like it so far. The serum is very different and the mositerizer is nice for day but not to my liking of night time.
I'll probably have a bath tonight and use my twilight bath bomb my favorite bomb ever. Not opened the lip paint it looks very similar to my already opened liquid lipsticks. Probably open Akin oil tonight to use as my nightime oil since I'm using the Dr Lewis skin care reversaderm
Julieal
915 posts
The De wynns box is the best -I love the products and my skin alreadu is so much better.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I am LOVING the foundation/concealer brush - I swear I'm using less product and getting a better coverage using this brush.

Yet to try out the 3 hair products which are meant to lengthen my hair - I'm waiting on a trial to arrive, and I will give the hair growing ones a go, once I have given the trial a really good go.

The leave in conditioner, I also love - good spray and light - it's keeping the frizz away from my curls.
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's good hey karen! I tend to use it with my buffing brush, which gives me pretty great coverage :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Keri, I don't get the tingles with the De Lewinns either. I think this is because I was already using a glycolic toner every day. I remember the first time I used a glycolic mask it tingled so much it was unbearable after ten minutes. I think your skin gets used to it after a few uses and that first layer of skin comes off. I'm also not finding the moisturiser enough for night time. 

Which brings me to my question for the lovelies who trialled the whole range last year. Are you supposed to use it for two weeks then take a break for two weeks? That's what I seem to remember people doing. The starter kit doesn't come with much in the way of instructions. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
btw Keri your wee typo from earlier has manifested as a recurring thought today - it would be freaking AMAZING if a hairdryer did colour your hair! I'd love that :D

Re Dr Lewinns - I only got tingles in the second week each time; when the acid is interacting with newer, fresher skin
trudijoy
8375 posts
and yeah Soozie we did two on, two off, two on. The second set of two weeks was the 'tingliest' for me.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Lol @trudi @ soozie I have been using the ordinary skincare and it did give me the tingles (lol) especially the lactic acid. I find the Dr lewins mask will take some getting use to with the transparent look, I would compare it to a salon treatment I had that's for both the mask and peel feel very similar to what I had done at a salon with their enzyme peel
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm really enjoying the London lip colour as well. And I'm loving the little blush.
MareeB
5241 posts
I was dying to try the Reversaderm kit but I wasn't quick enough :) Im using the brow pomade and the London lip paint. I'm looking forward to trying the Biopoint speedy hair shampoo and conditioner - my hair is a bit limp and sad at the moment and they will hopefully help!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I don't seem to have the knack for lip paint. I still end up with just a ring around the edges off my lips. I don't think matte lips are for me sadly. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Soozie I get that too! Especially if it's a dark colour and I accidentally eat something. Then I look like those 90s 'dark liner light lips' kind of lips. *Shudder*
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha that she the one. Extreme ombré lips! Maybe it's because I'm constantly talking and sipping tea all day long. I also think mattes look better on younger lips.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Although I didn't originally get the A'kin Oil in the vault when I first tried it and it was a trial product, I know I am going to still be in love with it.

The Twilight bomb - well there's no guessing there how much I loved that - I used Twilight Shower Gel straight after it, slept like a newborn baby ha ha ha.

The eye cream from Skin Therapy I haven't tried yet as I am still using the Trilogy one and that will take me awhile to get through as I really want to see it to the end to see what my results will be over all. But I'm excited as I love the look of the texture and that jar is just adorable and such a cool way to get the eye cream out.  Hubby is eyeing it up too so I may not even get a look in on that one lol.

The hair dye I haven't used yet as I still have my last hair dye in there and although my grey is coming back its not too bad so will wait until it grows out a bit more before using.

But these are all exciting products that I can't wait to use.  
Macs
5351 posts
This week I've been really giving my vault haul a good go. The Mellow Brow definer is a bit patchy on swatching but blends out well. Manage to get 7 hours wear without fade. 

Mellow lip paint does slip with eating and drinking. Has a mate finish that's comfortable. 

Cover Girl Cream contour blends beautifully. First time using cream like this. I've managed to have 7 hours wear and counting. 

The Eye of houris really defines my eyes. I'm going to attempt a cut crease with it and see how it goes.

I love the foundation and concealer brush. Haven't used my blush angle brush yet. 
pintsize
1072 posts
Just curious... has everyone's vault hauls arrived?  
MareeB
5241 posts
Yep mine arrived ages ago Pintsize.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Have you still not got yours pintsize? :'(
pintsize
1072 posts
No still not here, we have a new rural postie though and things have arrived here for our neighbours by mistake so wondering if its gone awal?.

First Lady
957 posts
Hey Pintsize, if you want to email us at [email protected] I'll send you the tracking info.

xx
pintsize
1072 posts
Thank you First lady, emailed you lovelies now <3
MissQT
1547 posts
I have only tried a few things but I'm really loving the mellow lip paint in London. The formula dries really nicely and the colour is great.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I've only tried my mellow lippy so far as I have open bottles everywhere that I need to finish first, especially since I am only halfway through writing those reviews.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've tried everything but am loving the Vaseline aloe spray moisturiser...it is so good.
The goodness cream cleanser I am also loving. So beautiful for my sensitive skin and the mellow lip paint in the shade milan....gorgeous.
The only product that I wasn't impressed with was the Sukin pawpaw. Not a fan at all.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've only tried 3 items so far. The Mellow London lip paint I absolutely love. It is possibly the best looking shade on me(of lip product that I own) or so I think, but also Shaaanxo said she liked it too when I met her. I was actually a bit disappointed with the Goodness Make Up Break Up Balm. I have heard/seen rav reviews but I found it took ages to actually get it off my face, it felt greasy. The Mellow Brow Definer I was pleasantly surprised with. I have only used it once so far but my sister couldn't even tell I was wearing a brow product. I take that as a strong compliment as I am not a pro when it comes to doing brows.

I am yet to try the Lush bath bomb. I don't actually have a bath so figured it gives me a reason to stay in a hotel for one night just so I can use. Date yet to be confirmed. The other item yet to be used is the MUD cosmetics palette.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I really liked the Mellow London Lip Paint. It's not a color I would've chosen for myself due to the online photos on the Mellow Cosmetics site, not because I don't like that shade but because I have similar shades. But it turns out it's a more neutral looking pink rather than a the brighter pink shade it appears online. It's a great everyday lippy color for me that goes with most eye makeup looks. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!