Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Treating facial eczema

11 posts, 10 members
DianaN
143 posts
I've always had oily skin but these couple weeks, I've experienced dryness around my mouth and chin. Ive never had eczema before but I feel like this is it. Ive tried using honey, Lucas pawpaw, moisturisers, facial oils but nothing has worked. It's red, itchy, and stingy when I try to moisturise it. Am wanting to avoid cortisol medication for as long as possible. Have any of you experienced this and what did you use? 
Kimrose
1416 posts
There is a product called Hopes Relief.  It was made by a naturopath for her baby daughter who had very bad skin when she was a baby.  It is all natural ingredients and made specially for sensitive skin.  It is available in pharmacies for $29.99 a tube.  I always give a sampl pot for people to try if they are unsure, and mostly they come back and purchase a tube.
siouxsannah
261 posts
Hi. I suggest you go to a pharamcy and explain your skin problem to a pharmacist. There are non-cortisol options sold in pharmacies, that don't require a prescription, that can treat eczema. They should be able to recommend something. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
If you have some aloe vera on hand try that at least until you can get to a pharmacy. I find it helps with any dry or irritated skin issue. Coconut oil is also supposed to be really good.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Heya. Have you tried extra virgin coconut oil? It has so many amazing properies and is great for skin issues. Also I would not wear makeup until it clears as it can definately make it worse. I hope you can find something that helps.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Have you tried Oasis Beauty's Rhino Repair?

I have a friend with eczema and she swears by it (it's also supported by the Eczema Association NZ). I've seen her skin turn from bright red and inflamed to pink and slightly irritated in literally 5 minutes, after applying a little Rhino Repair. 

It's not only safe to use on eczema, but on any dry, irritated skin.  I've used it as an eye cream, as a post-shaving/waxing rash cream, on sunburn and around my nose when I've had a cold.  

If you have a Hardy's Healthy Living store near you, pop in and ask if they have a sample. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Rhino repair is nice not so goo for excema from my experience maybe you need the dr to refer you even natural products have caused irratation in my case hope you get the help required
DianaN
143 posts
Thank you for all your suggestions. I've tried olive oil since it was something on hand and it worked well but I've since bought some Chia seed oil and it's worked amazing! All gone now :) hopefully stays that way 
Macs
5351 posts
Funny I thought about this thread today, when I noticed eczema forming under my eyes today. First time I've ever had it.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I have wee spots on my face similar to this I'm unsure weather it's eczema or not. For me a gentle face scrub and a moisturiser worked amazingly for my patches. I agree with going in and seeing your local pharmacist, maybe they could help with pointing you in the right direction.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yes, Rhino Repair is a must for me. I've seen hives disappear in literally ten minutes using it and when I get raw skin on my nose from hayfever it helps it heal up quickly. I would also recommend Lakoko Balm just for the really badly affected eczema patches. I have eczema prone skin on my hands and it helps soothe it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!