Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

To reveiw or not to reveiw

10 posts, 10 members
So I'm in the middle of having a big clean out so what better time to do some reviews until you come across that product that you can't find to reveiw.

Ok so am I the only guilty one. I now have a note file on my phone and have written the product and reveiw anyway so I can add it when I can find the product or it is added.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I type up all my reviews and edit them in Evernote. I also add new products that I buy to the list, as a reminder to review them once I've used them.  It's a safety thing for me, in case the review doesn't upload to the directory the first time around, I can just copy and paste and have a back-up until I know it's done. 

I have between 25 & 30 reviews of products that aren't yet in the BR directory, but have been requested. Not all products are added to the BR directory when / if requested. Based on past experience, I know it all depends on the company / brand, if they want their their product added to BR, if they give permission for BR to add it, if it's locally available, etc. Its not just a simple case of someone adding a product when it's requested, there's a whole process behind the scenes that the BR Elves have to go through. 

Keep your list going and save the reviews for products you can't find yet. It's always a nice surprise when a new product is added and I discover that it's one that I've already typed up. 

With all the changes BR have been making to the site over recent months, I wouldn't be surprised if adding new products to the directory has taken a back-seat position, and is not a huge priority at the moment. I'm sure that once the Expert Review Panel, etc is finalised, that things will get back to normal ... just like the vault. There hasn't been one in ages, but now there's a date for us to look forward to!  Exciting stuff! 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Depends, sometimes I just make sure I leave some product, othertimes I take notes if I've requested a product to be added. It just makes it easier to review when it is added.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Definitely still review it as they may add it down the track.  Also if the product doesn't end up being added you may find someone may ask about that product and then you go back to your typed up/written review/notes that you had stored away and let them know what you thought of it.
Ah... so organised! I aspire to be that onto it!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh wow that's a really good plan! I often just forget about it then never check to see if it's added. Although, if it's a product I love to bits or something that I really hated then I would make note of it and check later.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I currently have 70 items in my reviews to do list, so I don't worry about reviewing items that haven't been added yet. I can't imagine running out if things to review any time soon. 
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah I have heaps of those too. I forget to note them down. I often look to see if they've been added. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have heaps of stuff I'd like to write reviews on but I'm waiting for more stuff to be added. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I used to get into that problem. I still have a bunch of reviews saved on my phone that I haven't uploaded as they aren't listed yet. But as I've hoarded more makeup I'm now like soozie and have started to do reviews on things that are listed as I now have plenty to review.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!