Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Tights that don't cut you in half?!

5 posts, 5 members
elmiee
3 posts
So, I'm really in the mood for a winter of dresses, boots, oversized cardis and tights. However since I came to New Zealand I seem to be having issues with tights!!!

I first bough tights from Kmart in a size M (I'm a small 12 I'd say on the bottom (big hips, small waist syndrome) but they are just soooo uncomfortable and cut into my waist. So a few months later I bought a size L, but no, they still try to slice me in half.

I'm not familiar with all your New Zealand shops yet and was wondering where you girls get your tights from/which ones they are/links if possible and if you can reccomend some that are actually comfy to wear or is there no such thing?!

trudijoy
8375 posts
i get mine from Glassons - they're the footless kind, thick and cotton, and come usually in black, navy and grey, usually 2 pair for $20. They're great under skirts with boots for winter wear; been wearing them for years.
ree_nz
247 posts
As a person on the shorter side (lets just say I am on the shorter side of the standard 155-170cm tights - grrr), I really like H&M's tights. They are pretty good value for money and I find they don't seem to get so pilled. What I like most though is they come in a greater range of sizes and types (more than a one size fits all). Otherwise, if you are not near NZ's sole H&M, I would try Farmers - usually a pretty large range of brands/types/sizes. Farmers is not the cheapest, but they often have sales on hoisery!
Macs
5351 posts
Hey there, 

I love getting my tights from Cotton on or Dotti. I tried Kmart or warehouse and they never last me long. Get holes easily. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Personally I buy mine at Farmers and I always go up a couple sizes so that the top part fits quite high. I then consider it like two in one spanx/tights :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!