Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

those time when you're convinced that you look horrible and you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise...

13 posts, 9 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
you know, when out of nowhere, you see a reflection or image of yourself and think 'oh god is that really what i look like? ew'.

I'm having one of those days. It doesn't help that I wound up in town today not realising things were blocked off for the Santa Parade and my spine went out again, so was in a crowd with two vertebrae and my shoulder out of place, so had to get out of the crowd and relocate them, and i only got about 6 hours sleep.

But yeah. Today i think i might as well just put a paper bag over my head
Kimrose
1416 posts
I hear you Trudi! We had a couple of 12 hour flights lately and all I wanted to do was grab that brown paper bag and wear it. I didnt sleep on the flights and now we are home and it is a jama day and pamper my poor old face day!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Hope you feel better soon Trudi!

I have those days quite often but they are often a symptom of something else. Kinda like you Trudi with your bad day. I try not let it get to me and go to the gym or get a job done just to show myself that my body is worth more than what it looks like. I can be strong and useful.

But other days are just days for being in a funk and you can't help that either! Sometimes I just embrace it and watch/listen to something sad.
MareeB
5241 posts
I hope you feel brighter soon Trudi - Totally hear what you're saying...
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks guys. I work really really hard on trying to be positive and confident so i hate this.

The pains bad, not debilitating but bad, and because it's a condition not everyone knows about (skeletal hypermobility coupled with chronic subluxation of spinal vertebrae caused by irreparable damage as a kid when i fell off a ladder on a playground and landed with my head on one step and the rest of me on the other one) they don't believe me when I literally just have to step aside and pop my bones back into place. It hurts. And then the residual muscle pain hurts. But if i don't do it, I get consequences. I've had temporary paralysis issues, migraines, back pain so severe that it spasms from something as simple as sitting down...

And I know it's not my fault. I wasn't born this way (apart from the hypermobility) it just happened. But it gets to me, and leads into yeah well you're also ugly and kinda fat and then i just end up upset - which on top of pain (and pain is EXHAUSTING) gets too much sometimes.
MareeB
5241 posts
It sounds really horrible Trudi. I'm sorry you have to deal with that all - it certainly sounds like a lot for anyone to have to live with x
Macs
5351 posts
I'll admit I have those kind of days.  I hope you feel better soon. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I think we all have these days! But we are all beautiful no matter what xx I hope you are not in too much pain Trudi and tomorrow is a better day x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Awww sounds like you have every reason to feel like that Trudi. We all have crappy days....sometimes I like to hide away from the world for a bit and recharge and centre myself. Hope you feel better :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Hope you feel better soon Trudi. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks, i took yesterday off and literally slept all day apart from getting up for 2 hours at lunchtime and 2 at dinner time... still a bit fragile today but much better
shazatron101
5112 posts
aw trudi. how awful. i hope youre feeling better in both body and mind, or at least on the mend! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks shaz. i try not to whnge about it usually but it really mcreally got to me this time.

Good news though... my backs back to my version of normal, my shoulders' almost there, my fingers are no longer that icky greyish colour they go when my shoulders bad, and (apart from pain in my legs caused by a few days of inactivity) i'm feeling much better. Once things are in place it settles fast, at least <3

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!