Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Those items that will not pan!

32 posts, 24 members
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Evening ladies!

I'm curious to see if anyone else has products they use on the regular that just won't hit pan, or that you're maybe not seeing as much progress on as you would like.

For the last 5 months I've used my Hoola bronzer a good few times a week for bronzing my face, including down my neck, and atm there's a slight dip in the product but it's no where near pan!

Also, my most used lipstick, MAC Modesty, there's maybe 2mm wear. I've used it about 4 days a week since picking it up in Jan, and I reapply throughout the day when I wear it!

It just seems like others go through products so much faster than I do. I know it's a good thing because it means I won't be running out of these products any time soon, but I just really want to see some progress on something lol! Tell me I'm not alone! xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have been using the Moisture Mist emulsion stuff from the Dec BB and I STILL HAVE HALF OF IT LEFT AHHHHHHHHHH. I seriously can't believe how long its lasted, I use it daily as well. But seeing as winter is coming my skin is getting a bit dryer, so I'm thinking of using the Trilogy moisturizer from the March BB as it's thicker and much more hydrating than the emulsion. So no, you aren't alone!
Cat
474 posts
I have a confession. I have never hit pan on a makeup item (except a tinted moisturiser) I use up skincare but it's my goal in life to one day use up a lipstick or hit pan on my powder. I find my problem is I switch up what I'm using too much. But this is also why I love buying makeup, because it lasts whereas skincare seems to disappear so quick.... So costs lots in replacements! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm panning like crazy, but almost none of that is makeup. I still have a MAC blush that I've had forever, and like Shaz the MM emulsion is still going strong 6 months later, and will probably just about last the year.

Shaz I use the MM one in the morning and the Trilogy one at night.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have never panned a blush... maybe because I have too many :S Although my NARS Orgasm does have a bit of a dip in it. Also eyeshadow, although my Urban Decay Naked Basics also has a few shades with big dips in them. I hate that with palettes though cause I'll prob never use it once my fav shades are gone.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Hahaha Shaz, I could just imagine, that bottle was HUGE! I got rid of mine as it wasn't hydrating enough for me. Defo get amongst the Trilogy moisturiser if you're needing more hydration atm. It looks like the emulsion is just going to have to sit there and live for all of eternity.

Cat, never?! Not even a foundation? I'm pretty sure I've only ever panned foundations and brow pencils, for the same reason as you, I switch it up too much. I get bored of using the same thing/my skin changes/I want to use each and everything I own haha.

Blushes are the worst Trudi! I wonder if I'll ever pan one. Stranger things have happened I suppose!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Cat, thankgosh im not the only one! I have never hit pan on anything, and never finished any makeup (feeling a bit guilty while i write this). But skincare, and basics like body scrubs and things i go through pretty quickly. Probably should stop buying till i use up some things... but that could take years ;)
Cat
474 posts
Haha nope, haven't used up an entire foundation! I never use to use foundation, would only use tinted moisturisers, so the last few years I've been trying lots of different foundations, with doing that and the fact my skin changes so much between winter and summer I move from foundation to foundation! 
Cat
474 posts
Lol binarybeauty yay I'm not the only one!
shazatron101
5112 posts
hahah all eternity. I don't know about that! Trudi thats a good idea, but then the emulsion isn't as moisturizing during the day so I find myself using jojoba oil or hot toddy underneath it. Sigh. Maybe I'll just save it for summer lol
Macs
5351 posts
Well well I am in the same boat Shaz its the one lingering product (MM Imulsion) thats not finished . Even my Manuka Doctor skincare doesnt seem to be getting low. I been using that every day religiously.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Kirsty that's the trouble with palettes aye! It means you can count it as finished once the colours you like are used up though ;)

Yeah that makes sense Cat. To be fair I think I've only used 2 full foundations and I've been wearing the stuff for years. I think it's harder using them up these days because I mix shades/formulas as I'm more aware of the fact that one colour and formula doesn't work year round!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Make up is just harder to pan and even if you use it daily it takes ages especially with some highly pigmented products. I have only ever achieved dips in eyeshadow or blush. I seem to lose lipsticks before I hit the bottom of those but I hope to acheive a first with my Za lippy, glosses and chapsticks get lost too.
As for the MM emulsion use it as a body moisturiser on occassion or as a luxury treatment on hands or feet.
charly
456 posts
I think I finished a foundation once. And one or two eyeliner pencils. That's probably it for makeup. I'm so happy I'm not alone in this!

However I get that with some skincare too. My Aveeno tinted moisturiser has lasted FOREVER - which is a problem because the SPF was best before AGES AGO! 
chloednz
217 posts
I've only ever finished foundations, oh and mascaras of course. I hit pan on my (at the time) holy grail blush like 4 years ago so brought two replacements, and they still look barely touched. Would love the satisfaction of finding a product I love and use enough to hit pan!
1139 posts
Yes!! It's taken me close to two years to almost finish my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - I am finally scraping the sides. I use this product every single day too! I'd love to use up a lipstick as I've never done that before, but I think this is because I have far too many lipsticks to ever finish one. I counted them all up the other day and I have 64 lip products (lipsticks and lip glosses but not balms because I have those everywhere)... maybe I should post a photo of it on the photo wall haha
Jesse
745 posts
I've been using my Hoola bronzer for five months now and it's hit pan, but then I use it 5-7 days a week so it's had a bit more use! I do have a backup for when it's out as it's such a ncie everyday one. The only other bronzer I've hit pan on is my MAC Refined Golden which I loveeee and plan on repurchasing in a couple of weeks, so I'll be pretty set on bronzer for the forseeable future. Anddd I just remembered I got a new bronzer yesterday... 

Eyeshadow and blush are things I never seem to pan, but I have used a lipstick up before and some of my everyday ones are showing the wear.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I've finished powder foundations before and had to repurchase them, I've also used up liquid foundations and some eye shadows as well, black eyeliner I use up completely since I always have it on when I do my eye makeup. I remember long time ago when someone gave me really small eyeshadow palette with different colors and there was a brown and purple and beige the rest were blue and green and colors I wasn't into at the time (since I was stearing clear of any color that wasn't a brown or purple or beige or gray) on to so they never got used. I packed on the eyeshadow back in the day and hit pan within a few months. I've finished off tinted lipbalms and lipliners. I've come close to using up my current base color that I use with every eyeshadow look and I've hit pan on the medium shade I use each time I do my makeup but the contour shade just has a wee dent in it. I also have a lipstick that melted and I'm using a lip brush with that. I have tinted lip balm which is almost finished as well.
   This is why I mainly buy skincare and not makeup because it takes forever to use up, especially eyeshadow and I'll stick to buying light and neutral colors that'll form the base of just about every eye make up look. I hate the idea of makeup going to waste so I stick to buying neutral shades and palettes that I can wear everyday. I have one green eyeshadow and one plum one that I use for smokey eye looks and that's enough for me since I'll probably never hit pan on those since they're incredibly pigmented. I do plan to buy the Ambient Lighting Palette as my first high end palette, I figure if I use it every day it'll be worth the splurge and I'm going to buy a nice blush as well since I had to toss out the last one since it was breaking me out.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
The first and only bronzer I hit pan (and finshed) was Nars Laguna, and the first blush I have hit pan and nearly finished is Nars orgasm. 

I think I only ever hit pan if I love the product and use it all the time, which is the case with these two products. (And because of loving it I'm not too tempted to stray to other blush or bronzer!)

However, I seem to finish foundation, mascara and skincare items quite quickly.
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Haha, this is the best discussion ever! I totally know the feeling! Something is so satisfying about making legit progress with a product, so when something just lasts and lasts it gets a tad infuriating! So funny. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I find any coloured product takes an age to use. I am *thisclose* to finishing a lipstick but it just won't die.
astylecollector
204 posts
I find most products except for powder I never really hit pan or completely finish it all up. I go through face powders so much and I've hit pan on so many especially Rimmel Stay Matte.

But the ones that I can never finish are lipsticks and foundations. I have too many lipsticks and I like switching it up so that makes it harder. For foundations, I usually have to throw them before finishing them up for being too old/discoloured.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Oh yeah I totally forgot about mascaras, haha. I'd say that's the one product everyone could confidently say they have finished before! I'm glad to see that everyones in a similar boat to me. I got a bit worried because of people mentioning all the products they were panning but that must be more skin/hair care related products, oops.

This morning I didn't use either product mentioned lol so am no closer to panning them. The age old problem of wanting to use other things.

Jesse - Woohoo, that gives me hope for my Hoola, hopefully I'm not far off then!

Elena - Yes, please post a photo of all your lippies! Haha
Mila
1209 posts
haha makeup problems....:) I think the only things I ever finish are mascara......I never hit pan on bronzers or blushes even my foundations I end up buying new ones before I need to so nothing ever gets finished.  Lip balms ive normally lost before I get a chance to... 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
For me it's the powder stuff- eye shadows, blush, bronzers that kind of stuff NEVER gets used up. Not that I'm complaining too much :) I do use up lip balms like crazy and same with mascara.
1139 posts
Okay I've uploaded a photo of my slightly excessive lip product collection. It's on the photo wall or you can click here to see it. Someone please tell me I'm not alone haha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That is very impressive, Elena!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Elena, I could almost catch up to you with mine haha but I cheated and won most of them soo I don't know if that counts lol

bronjenks
253 posts
Pan??  Thats like a foreign language isnt it???  I dont think I have every hit pan on anything except cleanser.  I seem to have loads of half full stuff that never seem to get any emptier.  I too have the MM emulsion that is still going strong, lol and as for panning a lipstick??? In my dreams maybe?  What does that feel like anyway, to finish up a lipstick or eyeshadow?? One can only imagine.......
Sylvia
149 posts
I do find that it takes me soooo much longer to go through makeup than skincare. I do tend to finish face powders pretty regularly (it usually only takes me a few months to hit pan on Rimmel Stay Matte, for instance), but other than that everything seems to last forever.  I do have a few shades in my Naked palette that are getting quite a dip, but I haven't actually hit pan on them yet.

And I don't think I've ever finished a lipstick! Lip balm and lipgloss, yes, but not actual lipstick. That can be a challenge for me actually - there are a few MLBB shades that I use regularly, so I *should* finish them this year haha. (p.s. Elena - your lippie collection is amazing!) xx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Mine would have to be nailpolish, mascara, lipbalm and lipstick lol xx
Koni
444 posts
I can pan most products (I'm quite generous with makeup on my face - clowns are my specialty haha) but for the life of me I have an issue with panning highlighters.  I love sparkles (not glitter) on my face so I use A LOT but nope still sits looking pretty on my vanity which annoys me.  How can I move on to the next lot!?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!