Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

those days where you wake up and you're just... meh...

32 posts, 16 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
about yourself, I mean.  Life is pretty good but I've woken up 3 days in a  row beating myself up about my body, or skin, or looks or something.  Which is actually unlike me these days.  Summertime sadness?  Just being a dork? lol...

Who can relate?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha you aren't a dork. But yep, I have those days too. I never know why, as my meh days are never body issue related. I just wake up feeling meh and stay meh for a few days. I hope you come out of the hole soon Trudi, because nobody thinks the things about you that you do! (if that makes sense). I also read people see you as 20% more attractive than you see yourself, which is quite nice to know. Makes me feel less 'meh' ;-) xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks shaz - sometimes it's even just PMS and/or being tired etc.... I worked out yesterday that I haven't had a full week off since January.
astylecollector
204 posts
Yup! I've had that this week. I guess for me, it's because of that time of the month. I feel bloated, I have breakouts and just overall blah. I think we all have these days. Hope it goes away soon!
Macs
5351 posts
These past two weeks. I pushed a look out on instagram last night to try and snap myself out of it. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The weather (here in Wellington) is enough to make anyone feel blah. I haven't seen any sunshine since Monday. Grey, drizzle or full on rain for the last three days.

Trudi, I hope you get to take some time off over xmas and New Year!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have a week up north, a few days home, a few days in Tga and then a solid week where literally the only thing i plan on doing is lying down on the couch or in the sun. :D

I get a decent summer break, to be fair. It's about 3 weeks. I just have to remember to take time out to chill
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Yup. And I fully know that it's because I haven't had a break from my kids in 10 years. It's not til I stop to think about it that I realise how much of my time (all of my awake time) is dealing with something a small human wants.

Roll on next year when I get 8 hours a day with no children around
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've definitely had those days, where nothing seems exciting at all. I'm blaming it on the heat right now (it was boiling yesterday in Christchurch) but I guess there'll always be ups and downs. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi, the first week of my holidays will definitely be spent like on the sofa lol. Although I do have study and some school work I will need to catch up on. I need to discipline myself to do it in the mornings so I can spend the rest of the day chilling. That's good that you still get a fairly decent break.
janini9
341 posts
It sounds like you just need a break. Are you able to get outside and get some sunlight on the skin and eyes (without sun protection or sunglasses) each day? It could be vitamin D related. We all need to get some sunlight on bare skin and the retina of the eye for good health.
DianaN
143 posts
Yup I've definitely been feeling this lately.

I've just gotten out of bed feelin fat, lazy, lathargic and irritated and super average in general.
trudijoy
8375 posts
jamini i went for a wee power walk down the gorgeous beach ten mins away before and came back in a fabulous mood :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
i do have to have sunnies on though lol, i'm crazy light sensitive and get all squinty and headachy without them
trudijoy
8375 posts
Well that cheered me up! Just won a prize... at the supermarket, lol!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I turned meh over the day and right now I feel like being the bear I am and going into my cave and not come out until ever!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ooooh, what did you win, Trudi?
trudijoy
8375 posts
A bathrobe, handtowel and two facecloths! Was so random but awesome
Ringy
825 posts
That is very random! Less of a meh day now?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup Ringy x
MareeB
5241 posts
Yeah, those days seem to happen a lot at the moment. Guess it's change of seasons and everyone's tired and needing a break.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Shazatron :( that sucks!!! I hope you'll be ok? Colour in or play with the kittehs x
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Trudi, it makes me sad to see that Shaz recognised you may not have been feeling the greatest this morning, so was in here being a super supportive little fluff ball in an attempt to make you feel better, yet when she mentions that she's feeling a similar way this arvo, you ignore her?

Here's to a more positive Friday, hoping everyone is feeling a little better!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I missed that in my excitement/replying to soozie on my phone.

Sorry shaz, thankyou for your support earlier. I hope you do feel better soon. I appreciate your honesty, humour, support and general amazingness in here and on IG.

Sarah, wow. I'm not even going to bother. Wow.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Sarah thanks for bringing that up, I wanted to say something similar but was worried about being accused of personally attacking Trudi. Here's hoping both of you ladies feel better and that tomorrow is a better, brighter day. 
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Aw shaz I hope you're feeling better - Connor hasn't done any stupid stuff tonight (other than normal stuff) like get stuck upside down - to post on IG and make you laugh, sorry...
Well he did fill a bowl with burger rings, toffee pops and cucumber chunks and try and force the cat to eat it... but I was too busy saving the cat to take a photo xxx
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I seem to have meh days pretty much every day. Hopefully that will change over Christmas.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahahahahah Berrylicious I am loling my butt off!! That kid is so cute. I can't see why the cat wouldnt enjoy that for dinner either, I'd be pretty impressed with it! Little cutie. But thank you, and thank you other ladies for your words. I feel very loved (also feeling a lot better, even though I had to deal with cat ick this morning). xxx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hugs to all the lovelies having a meh day, we all get those at some time or other and its nice to have such great support around us when we need it.  Been having them myself as feeling a little run down after all this study I've been doing lately lol. Hope you all have an amazing day xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mumof3 that sucks, but surely you will have some time off over the holidays for your babies! Plus in the end the study will be worth it :-) feel better soon lovely, keep on smiling! xx
Marcel
335 posts
I think we all feel a bit 'meh' about ourselves some days, I do... What I find most helpful on one of those days is to think about how the people in my life consist of or at least add to the value of it. Alleviate the attention from yourself ,I reakon to ease whatever it is your dealing with, because it's the value of others in your life that make your own life so enjoyable.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Marcel I like the idea of 'dwelling on the positive' - when I was coming out of depression one of the things that worked amazingly was something I read about in a Marian Keyes book and adapted... she called it a 'Trio of Blessings' - I just went for '5 cool things in my life/day' that I'd try and think about in the shower, or in bed at night, and make damn sure I came up with 5 things a day I was happy about. Made a big difference!

I'm very much not meh after the most incredible weekend so I think for the next few days I'll ride that high, then it's nearly xmas :)

Thanks to everyone chipping in to be positive to those needing it - love that about BR

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!