Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

The brights or nudes poll surprised me!

23 posts, 15 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Soooo many people chose nudes. I'm such a brights girl... didn't realise we were so rare.

Whats your fave bright to rock?

I love my hot pinks, teal on my eyes, red on my lips, and purple on both
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh and anything and everything on my nails
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I got my collection of palettes out the other day and sure enough Nudes won by far! I like colour but I can't do them justice. If I wear then it's simply one colour on its own because I fail miserably at blending lol. I'm my teens, early 20s I wore nothing but bold and bright colours. Blues with greens, pinks with purples. The thought scares me these days haha
trudijoy
8375 posts
You've seen the way i use brights on IG Amy haha maybe its just because i use little amounts but i reckon i make it work! Im not a fan of huge blocks of one bright colour on eyes personally though :)
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I like nude colour because I feel shy and uncomfortable to wear bold colour eyeshadow but shimmer blue one always attract me. Whenever I see that colour I feel ( colour is saying to me came and wear me.....lol) 
i don't own any blue eyeshadow but I have blue eyeliner which is I love it. I adore it. I am thinking to get Loreal infallible 24 hour midnight blue eyeshadow. One day I will wear it with confidence. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I love colour too but I'd miss neutrals so much.?My favourite colour is purple. I think most of my palettes are neutral too. I have the purple stila palette (which I've never actually used yet!), a couple of makeup geek brights and the just the odd pop of colour in nude palettes like int the choc bar palettes, one has a purple and one has a blue.I like any colour on my nails too, except brown!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I chose neutrals because for eyeshadow that is what I wear most of the time and couldn't be without.

For lips, and nails though anything goes. I got a gel manicure yesterday in a dark purple. It looks awesome!
Macs
5351 posts
I chose brights. Im needing some new colours.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
You do well with colour Trudi! :) I just need too be more adventurous lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
kirsty i need to see those naaaaails!

Thanks Amy - I never used to wear makeup at all, then it was pretty much just black eyeliner and mascara for years so I surprise myself, but I looooove my colours. I'm toying with the idea of the chi Chi OMFG palette. I have the smokeys one and love it!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Reinspired to play with brights this morning ;) pic on the wall
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I don't find it surprising at all, walking down the street you're hardly going to see anyone wearing coloured eyeshadow. I'm defo a nudes girl, but power to the ladies that love a bit of colour. I prefer to pack my colour on with blush #clownlife
trudijoy
8375 posts
I see people wearing coloured eyeshadow alllll the time... and when i do i always get compliments. Its not rare :)
MareeB
5242 posts
I don't really notice coloured eye shadow on people - only on qweenkaren actually!
tannygirl
3392 posts
On my eyes I like purples, teal, green, sometimes a hint of gold I've also worn certain dark blues but I'll wear it as eyeliner and have a nude eyeshadow as a base. I also like light pinks sometimes but they come across as fairly neutral on me.

Lips I like certain shades of red (usually the more pinky reds or burguny or plum toned reds), fuschia, mauve, plums. I don't wear them with colored eyeshadow though.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm not a nudes girl but I'm not really into brights either. I like greys. Not sure where that fits in. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I tend to wear more nude shades on my eyes but do add a bright pop of colour with coloured eyeliner or use a shadow as an eyeliner (on a damp brush). I also love using electric blue mascara for a fun twist.

When it comes to my nails, anything goes. I tend to wear more bright colours on my nails than I do on my eyes. 
Lutece
1849 posts
You suit bright shades so much, nudes are safe for me. But when I was studying as a MUA I was all about colour, how times have changed :) I do like a bright lippie or bright under eye though
trudijoy
8375 posts
Not sure if you meant that at me Lutece but i think you're onto something with nudes being safe haha. I HAVE nudes but i feel like i need colour to look on point :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Trudi, the O.M.F.G palette is one of my favorite Chi Chi palettes. I use the bright blue, purple, pink and green all the time.
trudijoy
8375 posts
cystal i haven't had a proper play with it yet so i must!  I had the LA girl neon one and it was okay but i've moved to higher quality brands and need a brights, i think.  I have a few Banshee brights and they are great but I'm preferring palette these days.  The brights look I threw on the photo wall is mostly Banshee brights
janini9
341 posts
I use nude colours mostly, but every now and then I have a random bust out super bright in ya face  lippy or glittery sparkly drag queen rainbow eye shadows just for fun.  Pulled out a super bright blue from colour pop and teamed it with a sparkly soft pink today - I liked it and that's all that counts really. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Considering I think of Mimi from the Drew Carey Show as being the best example for brights, she gives me the confidence to put on my brights and go. Sure I have a normal nudes palette, everyone should, but your colour doesn't always need to be your lips.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!