Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

25 posts, 17 members
Qweenkaren
313 posts
First Confession: over the last week I have chopped about 2-3 inches off my ends. My hair is not in the condition I would like (this was self induced). I keep thinking that if I keep this up my partner may not notice. (delusional).
I am very lucky with my hair - it goes fast. I grew my fringe from above eyebrows to jaw line in a year. So I dont mind chopping my hair off.
How do I convince my (otherwise reasonable) man that chopping it off to about shoulder length is a good idea?

and for those who think I shouldn't care what he thinks, I do. I like living with this chap, he's my best friend... but he has his limitations, like all of us.
Macs
5351 posts
Hey there, you are very brave cutting your hair. I think if you explain to him that it will grow back again. Just explain your reason for the change. Hope it goes well for you.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I chop the ends of my hair too as it's so long, but shoulder length is very brave. At least it will grow out quickly if you don't like it :)
MareeB
5239 posts
Good luck Karen :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I think if you explain that what you did and now that it's not in a good condition and so you need to chop it in order so it can grow out healthy and look it's best long.
Jesse
745 posts
Try showing him pics of what you want maybe? That's what I did when I was trying to explain what a 'lob' was to my boyfriend who works overseas and I couldn't show him on me, and I had long hair at the time.
Kimrose
1415 posts
Can you both meet half way? Then when he realises it isnt that bad, you maybe can go a bit further. It is great that you are considering your best friends feelings.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
All went well, he's on board. I did a big build up... There's something I want, and I haven't done it yet but.... Lol. Also played big on the it's in really bad condition. He's seen me put on hair masks, so I think that helped him understand my hair is a bit munted. Yah! Next step, make an appointment :)

oh and I kind of showed him what it would look like by wearing my scarf.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm glad you achieved that. And I would recommend not layering it personally, that's what killed my hair was layers going funny as it grew back.
ladythorn
108 posts
I agree re: layers..  I had an awful experience where the hairdresser cut the layers way to short and they looked hideous as they grew out but just explain to your hairdresser in great detail what you want, then they wont get carried away. Good luck!! :)
Kimrose
1415 posts
Good communication skills,  yay for you :)
mallomiss
569 posts
Aw good. Pleased he was on board! A good chop does wonders for damaged hair. Mine was in a terrible state and over the last 7 weeks & 2 chops done I have gotten rid of most of my yuck ends without taking too much length... malloMr isn't a fan of shorter hair on women either and I've spent years growing mine so don't want it too short myself.
Julieal
915 posts
Your hair -I would just do it -You look like you have beautiful hair and it is great for your own self esteme to try new things and hey as you say hair grows fast.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Thanks for all your support. Today is the day at aprox 5pm... hoping a Mareebros will help me take a before pic and then I'll try and sort a decent after one too for the Photo Wall.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oooh I missed this in the forum somehow, good luck with the chop and in regards to the hubby tell him it's only hair, it grows back! =) Look forward to seeing your photos
Julieal
915 posts
Good Luck -I am sure it will look lovely
Qweenkaren
313 posts
All done.... Ta da!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Love it! Looks great. How are you feeling about it?
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I love it, my hair will take a bit to get used to the lack of weight, but easiest weight loss ever! Probably better than giving blood, lol.
My man likes it too.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I just had a wee look at the photo wall of the before and after...your new cut looks amazing! :) I remember having my long hair cut because it was dry and damaged, i went super short and have never gone back....I hope you like it! :D
-Bex-
611 posts
ooo I like it qweenkaren 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
it looks great Qweenkaren. Good on you. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Wow it looks lovely and glad the hubby is happy too :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
It looks gorgeous hun, you really suit that style and length and good to hear your partner is on board, always got to keep them happy lol xx
Macs
5351 posts
It looks really nice.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!