Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

TFW you finish a trial and your review/opinion is so different to others!

22 posts, 12 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
honesty is key in reviewing but sometimes when your opinion differs so much from what's there it makes you wonder!

Just reviewed the Max Factor foundation and primer and this has happened!
SandyGedge
394 posts
I've had that happen a few times Trudi and that's what is great about everyone being different ;-) I used to worry when mine was different but I realized it was ok
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's why i never read reviews before i write one or a trial product especially!

I know it's normal and actually good for reviews to differ (as long as everyone is honest) but there is always that fleeting moment of 'hang on, what?!'-ness :)
SandyGedge
394 posts
Definitely agree with you there. I too don't read any reviews on a product I'm trialing. I do however find it interesting to read them afterwards to see the issues in common etc :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh for sure, me too, and i'll often amend a review because someones made a great point i should have incorporated!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I had a product a little while ago from Antipodes that I was really unimpressed by then when I read other people's reviews afterwards I found everyone else seemed to love it. It can be so many things; your skin type, a product defect etc.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much hun, especially as we all have different skin types, opinions about how a product should work etc.  The best thing to do, is just do what you always do, and give it a good honest review.  

I like to see why someone doesn't like a product.  The funny thing is with me when I'm reading a review, I always read the negative ones first because I want to know whether a lot of people had the same reaction/opinion about a product or was it just one.

Because I have super sensitive dry skin, I've become so much more fussier about products now because I've tried so many that have claimed to be amazing but sadly haven't worked.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yep i'll definitely always be honest, and have the rating reflect that. I haaaaate when people go on about how much they loved/hated a product then give it a neutral rating haha
It's always interesting to read reviews where reviewers had really differing opinions of products.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
This happens to me a lot! But we are all different so what works for someone may not for someone else. I just be honest. I just finished my radiance ageless beauty trial. Gorgeous product I am in love with :-)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I feel like this happens to me all the time! But I am quite picky, and lets face it we are all weird in our own ways which is why companies can come up with so many variants of the same product.

In particular I struggled with this with the coffee scrubs that seemed to be in fashion to use a while back. I just didn't get on with them and for a while I was the only person that seemed to feel that way!
MareeB
5241 posts
I don't like coffee scrubs/sugar scrubs either Kirsty.  And the curly thing you put in your hair? good grief....nearly balded myself trying to work that one out!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha kirsty coffee scrubs are my thing <3 but i hear you! there are often things that everyone else loves that someone else hates, you're right!
Julieal
915 posts
I think you can tell an honest review and they shine through the others. I haven't found some products good and when I have read the other reviews everyone else seemed to like it however you can only be honest -I have also liked some products when other's haven't so maybe I am the oddball !!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I like the MF foundation, but, it does things that I dislike so ultimately I don't really like it. So. I dunno. I guess my review is mixed? Ugghghghghgh words fail me

I looooourve da coffee scrubs, but the one I got in the BC calendar I really, really did not like. I couldn't get past the smell :/ 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm kind of ambivalent to the MF foundation. Didn't love it but didnt hate it either so I'll keep using it until it's finished. It's definitely better with the primer which I did like. 

I love drinking coffee but not a fan of coffee scrubs. Just way too messy for me. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
if it's the mess you hate with coffee scrubs, try this one.... i'm utterly in love with it

i couldn't warm to either of the MF products from this trial, but I'm glad they've worked for others :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ooooh, I might just have to take your advice and drop some fly buys points on that one. I think my favourite scrub would still have to be Lush's Buffy due to its no mess and ease of use. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
that does sound quite nice... but you've just reminded me that I'm going to use my points to get a nice knife set, my first *heart eyes* :-D tis the lil things. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Tried that one ages ago Trudi, from memory I found it too oily. :s im a fussy one. 
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah its happened with me on a product before. I dont think I have ever had a bad trial product before. I've enjoyed every one Ive done since I started.
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm with you soozie - coffee is great for drinking but I don't like it as a scrub so much :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!