Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Tattoo Concealer

7 posts, 7 members
Jesse
745 posts
Does anyone know of a good concealer for tattoo cover-up that's available in New Zealand? I've considered Dermablend but I want to get the colour right so something more accessible might be easier.
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Iv seen thin lizzy concealer cover up tattoos. You can try in pharmacy or farmers before you buy it. Only downside is that they have limited colors available (6 I think).
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Okay, firstly I'm not 100% sure if this is available in NZ, but the reviews on this as a tatoo cover up product are hard to beat so I thought I would share anyway. The product is Hard Candy's Gamoflauge Concealer and it seems to be pretty affordable too.
MissQT
1547 posts
I too have heard that thin Lizzy is good. Someone at work said it's very high coverage. I haven't actually tried it butt might be worth checking out.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I use Kryolan's products when covering a tattoo.  I know they have a store in Newmarket but I'm not sure if they sell to the general public or if they only sell to qualified make-up artists.  

When you're covering a tattoo, you'll need colour correctors, concealer and setting powder, if you want to hide the tattoo completely.  The colour correctors (orange and green) will help tone down any blue/black/purple pigments (using orange) and any red or orange pigments (using green) and prevent these from showing through the concealer.  It's best to set the colour correctors with a setting powder before layering on concealer and then setting the concealer with the powder, as well.

Setting powder will prevent the colour corrector and concealer from slipping and depending on the brand of setting powder, some will make it water-resistant and sweat-resistant too.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've only tried Dermablend but it definitely does work for covering tattoos. You do need to use the setting powder with it also. 
There's some really good you tube videos. This is one of the best ones I have seen, Tattoo Coverup With Drugstore Makeup - YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com › watch

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!