Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Swapsies for unwanted products.

24 posts, 14 members
misserinlouise
29 posts
I just had a look in my bathroom cabinet and gosh it is full of stuff I don't even use or have used once/twice and probably won't use again.

And I thought: We are all people who love our beauty products, and trying new ones for free, so maybe we could do some swapping? (Like a swapping party but New Zealand wide over the internet).

I am happy to start. Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on doing this. 

Obviously only products that are still usable, more than 50% left and if you want something that someone lists - you just have to put up what you are able to offer. :-)  
lenarose
313 posts
Sounds like a good idea, but I would want to make sure everything is hygenic - e.g. not pots or palettes where people have been using dirty hands or brushes. There's a pretty good guide here (http://www.xovain.com/how-to/clean-and-preserve-your-makeup#feed=/how-to) on how to clean your make up products. I want to share products, not germs!
KnotJustAScarf
43 posts
How would shipping work, or pickup only? :O
xjayloux
900 posts
Believe it or not, trade me used to be really strict on allowing people to sell used cosmetics/beauty products. I think its a hard one. I wouldn't recommend for safety reasons doing swaps on used products, but definitely a good idea for impulse purchases that have never been used! Unless its like a fragrance or something like that, then it doesn't matter if its been used. If you physically apply it to your body/skin prolly not a good idea, but if its a tube, fragrance etc.. Then that could be a really cool idea! I have heaps of unused stuff I would swap!
misserinlouise
29 posts
Oh yeah, definitely only want hygenic products!  So no lipsticks/mascaras or anything where the applicator actually touches your skin.  But I'm cool with body moisturisers where you put the product on your hand before putting it on your body. I have nail polishes, hair products and a couple of fake tan products to give away.  In terms of postage, I thought that if we are swapping, so one person swaps a product directly with someone else - then we each pay for our postage and it makes it even. 
funbeea
114 posts
I really like this idea.  I have alot of beauty products that I never use. So Should I just start listing a few?
JamieLynneKirk
157 posts
Sounds great!!
colleencanary
764 posts
I'm a bit of germo freak so wouldnt want to use any products already used but I'm all for taking off the load when I come to unopen packages and would offer my unopened make up as well ;)
misserinlouise
29 posts
I'm totally a clean freak too. Will only be sending stuff that I would be happy to recieve.  

Redken Smooth Down Detangling Cream (30% used)
TREsemme FreshStart Dry Shampoo (40% used)
Lumin+Art Colour Detangler (10% used)
ECO Tan (used once)
Schwarzkopf Oil Miracle (never been opened/used)
OPI - Tickle My France-y, Warm & Fozzie, Yoga-ta get this blue
Kerastase Nutritive - Bain Satin for dry sensitised hair (mini bottle, good if someone just wants to test it out)

funbeea
114 posts
So this is what I have. I don't really need any more beauty products. So just let me know.

Elizabeth Arden Intervene SPF 15 foundation in soft porcelain (80%)
Lush Ponch shower Gel (70%)
Lush snow fairy shower gel (I have a really big bottle of this so I can put some into a smaller bottle if you want)
funbeea
114 posts
MissErinLouise did you want to swap with any of the things I have posted? Because I wouldn't mind swapping for your OPI Tickle My France-y?
misserinlouise
29 posts
Hi Funbeea! Yes sure - wouldn't mind trying the Elizabeth Arden foundation. :-) My email address is [email protected] - we can swap addresses etc. Thanks!

Woohoo, first official swap! 
I wish I could honestly say that I had never bought a product and not used it - but that would be a lie!!  I will go check out what I have and put a list up here :)
tanitaandtia
144 posts
I have always wondered if i can use cheap vodka to keep germs off my make up coz i dont know where you buy rubbing alcohol from- according to that blog i can yay!
sunelizabeth
410 posts
This is a really cool idea ladies! I'll have a hunt & see what I can find.
sunelizabeth
410 posts
tanitaandtia you can get rubbing alcohol from Mitre 10 or any hardware store. Probably from pharmacies too.
lenarose
313 posts
Suzy, I went out in the weekend to buy some rubbing alcohol and had a struggle! Mitre 10 and Bunnings both said they don't sell it because people use it to make p!!! I ended up getting a bottle at the pharmacy yesterday afternoon. I'm going to clean some of my products this weekend, and also see if I have any I've not used, or only lightly used, then post on here.
That sounds a awsome idea i will list some tonight

lenarose
313 posts
I have a Nude by Nature primer available - I've used 2 or 3 times, but I already have another primer so not much point it hanging around!

"Undercover Airbrush primer 50ml - RRP $29.95

Start your application with your primer. It’s the perfect way to prepare the skin, nourish and protect using Papaw, Vitamin E, Green Tea, to fill pores and lock on your make-up for all day wear."

I also have a sample sized clinique cleanser and yellow moisturiser - they're about 30ml and I've used them once each. I tossed the toner because it was made with menthol which is very drying and terrible for your skin. The cleanser and moisturiser were nice though, so if anyone wants them I am happy to send it out.

I have LaTweez tweezers with the light in them - I got them from BR but I didn't really like the light. Other people who have reviewed them were big fans so if you want them I'll send them on.

I have a few little 'sachet' samples of things like Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion - I wouldn't bother sending them seperately but if anyone wants to swap with me I will pop them in as well.

sonzw
29 posts
What a great idea. Sadly I am the mother of teenage girls, lovely girlfriends with different tastes and colour preferences to me so anything I don't use is snapped up in no time flat but this is a great idea and means that unwanted but wonderful products are shared and enjoyed and don't sit in a draw until they are past being able to be used
gtsgrl
169 posts
Great idea ladies!
deville
42 posts
Lenarose I would love the tweezers if still available.  I think this is a great idea and will have a look around for products unused or able to be swapped.

I wish we could message members as I would feel better about passing my details on rather than publicly pasting my email address.  If there is a way this can be done on here can someone let me know please :)
lenarose
313 posts
I thought I replied to this! Oops.

I have an email address that I don't mind sharing, i have one set up just for purposes like this.

I still have the tweezers available, just let me know what you'd like to swap for it.

lenarose
313 posts
Bump bump - anyone interested in any swapsies?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!