Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Summer Beauty Routine

14 posts, 13 members
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
With summer nearly upon us I have started adjusting my beauty routine. More bronze colours, and switching between foundation and BB cream.
So, do you charge things up based on the season or do you stick to the same routine all year round?
Mila
1209 posts
I dont really change my routine as a seasonal thing.  Makeup wise its day by day what I feel like using and wearing based on my mood or just how much time I have sometimes lol...

Even my skincare doesnt really change too much except I might start using more body/feet scrubs and getting my body ready to be exposed to sunlight and other people ! Plenty of moisturising
chikoboo
3402 posts
Nope I don't really change anything except up my SPF from 15 to 25.  I don't tan at all and I hide from the sun under glasses and hats being so pale so I don't acquire any different shade of colour from my winter skin.  I do try and push myself to wear more brighter shades and mix it up with using BB creams or tinted moisturisers more in the warmer months but if I feel like wearing goth darks and a thick layer of full coverage foundation I will no matter what time of the year it is lol
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Mila - you might like to check out Eco Store on Facebook! :)
Macs
5351 posts
Yes my foundation gets darker because I tan easily. I need more moisturising cream, my skin gets super dry. I've been putting on sunscreen alot too.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Yes! I've already been digging in to my bronzer a whole lot more than previous months, that's partly because I've been fake tanning a bit already so I need to colour correct my face, but I just forget how good a bit of colour in your skin can look! Have also been loving a glossy peachy/pink lip after wearing nudes/darks all winter!

Other than that, my body and skincare remains pretty much the same. I wear SPF 30+ year round so no change there. Am loving the warmer weather already!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I've switched it up a bit changed my skincare routine not brand. Started using a self tanning moisterizer which is coming along nicely and using bronzer withour a blush sometimes not always. Also this will be almost the first full year where I had a full skincare routine going for a whole year in ten years so a little buzz for me.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Well done k3r1pakai. And yes I don't tan either, so the sunblock and the fake tan come out. I also exfoliate more for a even fake tan.
kirstyj
1732 posts
My routine is pretty much the same... always wear sunscreen due to being casper the ghost pale. I think I probably lean towards brighter colours in the Summer though. And more bronzer will certainly come out to play at some stage! I have a really bright Essence blush that I have been wanting to wear with plenty of bronzer but I haven't quite gotten there yet.
chloednz
217 posts
I pretty much don't follow the rules and wear whatever makeup I feel like all year round, although I may break out the tan this summer, so may have to bronze things up a bit to match! I wear sunscreen year round generally so that doesnt change either. I do always like to have nicely painted toes in summer though- mine have been bare and horrible looking for months now :/
charly
456 posts
Fake tanner and lots of it! Other than that it's probably the same. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I need a little step up on the foot care but most will remain the same
Rezee
1964 posts
I don't think I've changed much yet, except for wearing brighter nail polish? I went with lots of darker colours in the colder months, I'm enjoying brights right now. 
I usually just add more sunscreen and less makeup on hot days.
SandyGedge
394 posts
No I don't generally but this sumer I am going to be trying countouring and highlighting more, see if I can conquor that??  hahaha

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!