Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Subscription Box Frustration

34 posts, 19 members
sjwallisnz
39 posts
Hey guys

Just thought i would post a few of my irks here regarding Goodiebox and Violet Box and see if anybody else has these problems...

Goodiebox - I noticed on their website that they have increased the subscription to $29 + $4.50 postage, it used to be $25 + $4.50 postage - did anyone recieve a notification of price increase or do you think it is only for new subscribers?

Violetbox - My box was water damaged and have now just seen that the sheet mask that was in the May box has expired (after i used it yuck!)

Don't even get me started on the customer service!!!!!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
That sucks!!!

I have only used violet box. Customer service is what belongs in the loo!
when they first did the billing I was one that was charged wrong. After them sending out social media saying all was fixed I sent them a message to say mine wasn't. I finally got a reply as the 2nd one was delivered! 

I will now check all the expiry dates thank you ;)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Goodiebox yes I have had problems with before hence the reason I booted it months ago, grew tired of repetition, but not Violetbox I am growing concerned though with them considering that their website still isn't full operable, I mean apparently I got some points for my birthday to spend in their shop section......there is no shop section O.o kind of keen to have a look.    However no real problems thankfully!!

If you talking of the face mask sheet in violetbox then it wasn't out of date, we had this convo on instagram the date stamped was the MFG (manufacting date) then it had an expiration thereafter of 3 years, which worked out to be later on this year, if it was out of goodiebox I have no idea.

Sorry you have had such a bad experience, perhaps you could call up your courier service and ask for them to place parcels in an area (if you have it) that won't allow them to get wet (unless it was water damaged before reaching your place.  I know my courier now leaves at the back of our carport so its well out of the way from wind, rain and vision from passersby.

sjwallisnz
39 posts
Just received a facebook message from Goodiebox that they are indeed increasing their prices :(  Apparantly they are going to be sending out an email shortly!  Really rude as it is so close to that date that payment come out!

Violetbox - My Manufacturing date was 16 May 2011 so is expired, they must have sent out lots of different batches.  Quite a few people had water damaged boxes that i saw on facebook, we live in a small town and i know the postie really well, he said it was all wet when he recieved it, he also delivers to my work or my husbands work if it is wet or we are not home, gotta love knowing the postie ;)
Hollie
320 posts
I've cancelled both my Goodiebox and Violet Box subs this month so I can try meme box. And buy Colour Wow. Goodiebox increasing their prices makes me not want to bother re-joining. I quite liked my violet box but wasn't happy about it arriving damp, and the mask used-by date is a worry!
1139 posts
They're increasing the price? From what I've seen of their recent boxes, they should be reducing the price... Seriously, this is going to make me sound totally stingy, but $35 for a subscription box of that calibre is a little ridiculous. Did they say why they were increasing the prices?  

I don't tend to buy subscription boxes as I'd rather spend the same money on something I know I actually want. I like surprises, just not surprises that cost me money. ;)
angehill
93 posts
I'm a bit surprised they're increasing the price too! How do the Violet boxes compare? 
chikoboo
3402 posts
That is terrible about the water damage, I have actually said that I'll give violet box one more month, then I think I'll try others I found on an international site, rather than having the same stuff over and over again, plus memebox is so far superior to any previous subscription box I've had so would rather keep spending on them (but perhaps not the amount I ordered last month lol)

Plus Goodiebox putting their prices up....that might be the final nail for quite a few people, they might see a huge downturn, especially if the ladies are on this forum and see what better ways they can spend their money...pffftt how annoy, and like you said so close to payment date that is not fair at all.
angehill
93 posts
Is memebox the korean one? I might need to reconsider my subscriptions it sounds!
chikoboo
3402 posts
yes Angehill memebox is the Korean based box, lots more choice too, its not just one set box its a good handful that you can pick and choose what you want, be it haircare, porecare, scents, nails, depending on what they offer that month =)
LouV
55 posts
I've had fairly good responses from both Goodiebox and Violet Box when I've needed to contact them. My mask was expired too, but I sent them an email and they said they were going to send out a new one (haven't seen it yet but I'll give them a week before contacting them again). 
That sucks to hear about Goodiebox putting their prices up. They haven't been great recently so I'm not sure I'd stick around unless there were more full size products included for the extra price (or something similar).
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Chikoboo I got that same birthday email. I logged in to see if it would come off a future box and couldn't see it anywhere. Then I got another email saying June boxes were sold out. Then another one, buy yours now to guarantee a box. Waiting to see if it's just coming :p
jaybeejack
116 posts
What? Goodiebox are increasing their prices? How did you all hear abou that? I havent seen anything from them about it! I think I will be me unsubrscribing from them. Their last few boxes in my opinion have been pretty average! I mean... tampons and cotton pads do not excite me! lol.
angehill
93 posts
EEEKKKK Oh no is it?! I'm so sorry!
sjwallisnz
39 posts
I noticed it on their website today when i was having a look through the FAQ for something, i then sent them a private message on FB asking them if it was correct and why i hadn't received an email notifying me of the changes, they responded by saying that and email will be sent out shorty to all current goodiebox subscribers and they they couldnt send an email out any earlier as there would be confusion as to which month this would come into affect.

I guess we will wait for the email. 
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hi ladies Yes thank you Bird for pointing it out, whilst as you know we are reasonably tolerant about what gets posted on the forum we do not for obvious reasons support free promotion of products or services that may be similar to BR. Posts advertising or posting links to such products or services will be immediately deleted and we would prefer that they were not posted in the first place. Regards BR
sjwallisnz
39 posts
Whoops (face palm) didn't even think about that!  Sorry BR!!!!
katypatatie
142 posts
I was going to give them one more month. I don't know now.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Happy I unsubscribed from goodie box
katypatatie
142 posts
I just unsubscribed from Goodiebox. I never get replies to my messages, they are utterly useless.
gtsgrl
169 posts
I found the best way to get Goodies boxes attention was by going on their FB page (after trying all else of course) Kinda sad they are putting up their prices and makes me glad I'm not with them anymore.
Hopefully Violetbox stays as good as it has been otherwise it's memebox all the way - much nicer to be able to choose what box you want and not be locked into a subscription also.
I'm currently waiting on my 2nd memebox as it appreas to have been lost in transit, I've just sent them an email to see if they can find it as it was last tracked on May 31st and should be here by now.  Hopefully they have good customer service.
Susilia
484 posts
Cancelled goodiebox months ago, so happy about it!! Their boxes lately seem very boring.

I'm so happy I'm not the only one waiting for memebox, my tracking number says "in progress" and I usually get my boxes within a week...:(
katypatatie
142 posts
Tried their Facebook, my messages got deleted.
gtsgrl
169 posts
That's terrible AbeautifulBerry, really not very fair at all
1139 posts
Hmm I've heard of a few people now who've tried posting on Goodiebox's Facebook page only to have their posts removed. Seems like a pretty shady way of dealing with complaints to me, especially because most people post on their wall after having their emails ignored by their seemingly lacklustre customer service...
PaigeC
194 posts
Thats so unfair that they haven't contacted people about the price increase with ample time for people to consider whether they wish to continue their subscriptions.
Rezee
1964 posts
That seems so dodgy to me that they are not making people aware of the price increases!
I stopped getting it after the april box, nothing in it at all excited me and I would much rather spend money on something that I want and will be looking forward too!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Even though I haven't been subscribed to Goodiebox for a long time now, this royally annoys me. That's SO uncool of them to up their prices (particularly when looking at last months box), without ample warning to those subscribed.

That also seems super, super dodgy to me that they are deleting messages on their facebook.

Makes me wonder if they aren't in some kind of finacial trouble and are grasping at straws to save the business?
kayxcake
422 posts
I have unscribbed to both Goodiebox and Violetbox and I'm now only buying from memebox. I've recently received my 3rd memebox the makeup edition one an when I opened it I was a bit disappointed but then after trying out the products, I was happy again lol so memebox is good cause it never disappoints. 

Would be nice if Glossybox and Birchbox can make its way here, I saw someone's birchbox unboxing, recent ones, and the box includes a beauty blender! So jelly!
sjwallisnz
39 posts
Sounds really dodgy - so dissapointing especially as i have only just jumped on the bandwagon, i have only recieved 2 boxes so far.

It's so awesome that we have this forum to discuss and let other BR members know of things like this. 

I will let you all know when (if) we recieve the email about the price change and what justification they have.
kirstysays
762 posts
That does sound dodgey and from what I have seen in unboxings the boxes seem to be going downhill a bit (even though I never found them that great anyhow).  
lenarose
313 posts
I wish Birchbox and Ipsy were here - they're 1/3 the price of the boxes here and SO much better.
jaybeejack
116 posts
I posted on Goodieboxes page and asked if the price increase rumour was true - they replied to me and didnt delete my message.

Actually, everytime I have contacted them I have always gotten an aswer pretty quick so havent had any issues with that side of things myself- maybe I am just lucky.

I think I will stick around for one box after the price increase and see if the increase in price is reflected in the quality, quantity, and size of the products received. Maybe both will increase??
LouV
55 posts
I've always gotten a response pretty quickly too. It really sucks to hear about them not getting back to people though, not really great promotion for them. 

I'm also going to stick around for another couple of boxes, to see what the extra price is giving us. Hopefully it will lead to less foil packets (I'm sure you'll all agree that they aren't great to receive)! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!