Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Subscription Beauty Boxes

20 posts, 13 members
Kylenefs
68 posts
Hi All

Just cancelled my Goodiebox after last few months of problems..

Was wondering what other subscriptions are out there and worth it, preferably ones that are New Zealand based
Ringy
825 posts
I don't think any are particularly great at the moment. Save you $20/$30 a month towards the BR Beauty Box whenever it shows its head next- or still just save it each month for a special item you've been eyeing off.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Unfortunately this is true at the moment all other subscription boxes for beauty in NZ aren't much cop.  I'd definately save my money for a BRBB.   The best boxes are in US, ipsy and charmbox...oh how I wish we had that high level of boxes but I guess the subscriber volume would be too low to warrant it. 
Rezee
1964 posts
Yeah, unfortunately we just dont have the amazing boxes like the US do! The beauty review box will be totally worth getting but the downside is that it isnt a monthly box!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I can't wait for the sephora beauty box and just found out elf has a beauty box. Sadly we lack in boxes, best box is definitely BRBB even though it's a quaters one ut makes up for it by way of contents. Lust have it is ok they have picked up their game due to their standards dropping earlier this year. Another is violet box, I've been happy with the contents however I've seen they're stopping their sub boxes. So really there's no choice. Unless you get a target box l,beauty 5,bffbox,ipsy,boxy charm, julep box, lip monthly,elf box, vegan cuts box, if you had a po box usa address this could be a way to get their boxes. I've got a friend in the USA who always orders 2 boxy charms each month & she offers the second to me. I haven't taken her up on the offer. I really want a Ofra Matte liquid lipstick.
In short wait for the BRBB. Makeup obsessive just had her beauty box last Monday.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't ever subscribed to any other boxes before. None of fhem have ever lured me except the Sephora box. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I subscribed to Lust Have It then promptly unubscribed. . .  nup.
Kylenefs
68 posts
Thanks everyone I suspected there wasn't anything else that was all that great but thought would check just incase.

Will def look out for the BR Beauty box as that looks like well worth the money shame they don't do that more often!

I think a few have cancelled with Goodiebox this month before it bills tomorrow, I tried to stick it out the last three or so months but more and more disappointing and terrible service with what is going on so I guess I'll save some $$ for the BR Box its a shame though is nice getting the surprise box each month (when its worth it that is) 
MissQT
1547 posts
I'm holding out for the BRBB!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
All this talk about beauty boxes just makes me thing about the BRBB some more! I wish we had acess to the USA boxes aswell. However, with this new tax coming in, it probably wouldnt be worth it :(
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was subscribed to a US fandom jewlery box - It was okay. I've only got one but for $30 NZD I decided that it really wasn't worth it - I am getting a second one but that's cos it was paid for before I cancelled haha
kirstyj
1732 posts
New tax BinaryBeauty? Are you talking about the one the govt wants in by Christmas? Because that will only effect service industries like NetFlix and iTunes... so we don't need to worry about our makeup purchases quite yet :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I pretty much subscribed to them all, I was once named box queen because of it lol. My favourite was Memebox but they stopped shipping internationally. I used to love Goodiebox but they sadly have gone downhill. The only one I'm subscribed to is Foodie box and it's not that great and am contemplating cancelling that too. Best ones ever have to be the BRBB so I'm super excited to get one x
ragingfrog
1289 posts
KristyJ they could dump it on us the same way they did the cancellation of the kiwisaver kick start subsidy, that afternoon on the same day as the budget.

My brother and I disagree over the entire thing, he thinks the entire thing should be charged products and online services, I argued netflix and apple should be cause they sell direct in this country but when I buy overseas websites no. Unfortunately agree to disagree was the decision.

For those that want to have a look at an article on it here or cut and paste http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11498639
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yeah KirstyJ i was meaning that. I got the impression that it would be mainly targeted at things like itunes etc, but all parcels coming through will get GST on them. They even had the example if you brought a pair of shoes for 120 bucks, gst would mean another $20. Ofcourse, it will be hard for them to pick what parcels apply, and i assume quite a few will still get through but it wont be long.
Here is a little summary of the gst changes. So yeah things like itunes will be first..but when they find a good way to do it do parcels, then i am sure it won't be long! Just means i'll need to start stocking up now :D
chikoboo
3402 posts
I was reading yesterday that they were going into talks last night about the GST charge on things imported, glad I woke up to the news that they are only implementing it on downloads at the moment, it sucks still by 15% GST on a $5 movie is more manageable then the GST on importing around $200 worth of makeup in from the States.  It would cripple me to not be able to shop at my favourite online stores.  No doubt though the fat cats of the state will find a way!
Ringy
825 posts
 well that's crap! iTunes in NZ is pretty terrible anyway!! Where are the TV series? Itunes isn't that cheap as it is. So if you buy something online from Australia their GST is already on that so if NZ adds it's gst as well isn't that like double dipping? Isn't that illegal sort of?
chikoboo
3402 posts
You'd think so wouldn't you about double dipping but each government wants your money, if you buy something from England they will charge you tax already built into the cost of products normally, same as in the States, and Aussie.  Then when it enters a country you get charged importation tax which is GST. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
For online product purchases it will get complicated but what are they going to do build huge warehouses to hold parcels till you pay up? getting youshop to bill it would do some parcels but nowhere near the amount that comes in and then how many people would argue "it's a gift from a friend overseas" when using other shipping?
Online services are definitely easier to fix and the funny part it on Itunes I thought I was already being charged gst.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!