Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

48 posts, 21 members
mallomiss
569 posts
Is there still perks associated with being a Hero? 

I cannot for the life of me remember & I cannot find any FAQs on status'
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hello!

What a timely question. It's like you've delved into our heads as statuses are very much top of mind right now. When they were first introduced it was when BR had a few thousand members, and now, well, giddy aunt, there are thousands upon thousands, upon thousands ... and some more thousands on top of that ... it's getting towards 30k... so we're in the middle of rethinking the parameters and the perks to keep everyone motivated. Sit tight, things will be revealed!

xxx
Macs
5351 posts
Thats a good question to ask. Would love to see whats going to happen.
mallomiss
569 posts
That's awesome Kellie!! 
Well done on the Member increase too! 

Can't wait to see what's in store!! 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've been wondering the same thing for a few weeks.  Thanks for asking, Mallomiss!  It'll be exciting to see what happens and what the new incentives or perks are.
MissQT
1547 posts
wow 30k, that's impressive! I was wondering about that too mallowmiss. I'm the past heroes got early entry into the vault, but use to the number of available products in the vault that was changed and at the last vault the heroes got free shipping in vault purchases. So it will be interesting to see what the hero perk would be this time. I think early vault entry would still be cool, but maybe it should be limited to just being able to purchase ONE item during the early entry. I think that would seem more fair? Either way I'm just grateful to be part of such a great BR community and being able to get into the vault is a perk in itself. :)
MareeB
5239 posts
Cool, it'll be exciting to see what comes next :)
Rajvee2588
221 posts
That great day by day members are increase. I am also excited to see what happens next
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Wow that's a lot of members. Yes I'm looking forward to seeing what the perks are too.
Rezee
1964 posts
That is such a huge amount of members, how incredible! 
I'm excited to see what it will be for this vault. I only was made a hero for the first time in the last round, so I missed out on the early vault entry. I remember the stats were like 75% of the total vault products went to heroes? so as much as I'd love early access,  it really isn't fair for all the experts who also do a great job on this site!
Macs
5351 posts
I found the all acess to the last vault so interesting. It was good to see everyone get what they wanted. I agree it would be fair to have everyone acess at the same time. There must be another way heroes could have a perk.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Wee!! I can't wait to see what they are :-)
mallomiss
569 posts
Did it also used to be 1 guaranteed trial during Hero status?
I prefer the fair entry to the Vault too...
The experts do contribute just as much so it's only fair for them to have an equal run.
MareeB
5239 posts
I agree about the fair entry to the vault, but have to say, I did enjoy the early entry when I got the chance - it's such an exciting time. I've been trying to think of other ideas but haven't come up with any yet - keep thinking...
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I agree with the fair entry too the vault also. Also excited too see what the perk may be :)
MissQT
1547 posts
yes I think you are right mallowmiss. I think that perk is now for superheroes who get 1 gaurenteed trial per quarter.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Oh I didn't know the hero's didn't get one guaranteed trial per quarter, I guess with so many members its hard to guarantee a trial. When I was superhero last quarter, we got a mystery shop, 1 normal trial, and one superhero trial. Can't wait to see what the new perks for the hero's are!!
Kimrose
1412 posts
Oh wow wee, so many members! We are all so lucky to be part of this amazing group. Its no wonder the numbers are increasing. The early access to the vault was awesome,  I got it once, and was ever so grateful. I cant think of a way to reward heros, but I am just glad to be here :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm very keen to see what the perks are. Not going to lie, it's been very difficult to stay motivated to keep the badge. I think I still have fulfilled what I think the requirements are, but there is definitely extra effort associated with being a hero. I 'have my ideas about ways it could work out fairly for everyone but at the end of the day it's awesome that there is a system and really good to know that BR are looking at ways to make it worthwhile again. I might be in a minority but I do think that early vault access was an appropriate perk for the heroes, and I think the blame for us losing that lies in part with people being greedy in the vault, especially those who took things to regift.
Kimrose
1412 posts
Gosh Trudi, I would have never thought about abusing the privilege of an early vault access. Isnt it a damn shame when that happens. Just ruins it for everyone.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup Kim so frustrating seeing people miss out because people had decided to take things to give to other people. For me the rule is that if you're not on BR then you aren't entitled to vault products; apparently other people disagree....
Rezee
1964 posts
I think it is a really hard one for br to make fair for as many people as possible.  Heroes work hard to get that status, but if there are 30 people taking the majority of products especially all the most coveted products, then you are left with thousands of experts who earn points that they can't use. 
I remember in the first vault, that there were heaps of perfume sets and some heroes were taking multiple sets. Br definitely makes good changes with each vault, but I guess each new one comes with a new set of challenges that need to be overcome.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I agree with Trudi's comment and must admit that I was quite looking forward to getting early vault access as a first-time Hero during the last vault.  I've lost out on all previous vaults where all products I wanted were already gone by the time I was allowed access as an Expert.  I was extremely disappointed to find out with the last vault that not only did I not get the early access perk, but I once again lost out on all products that I wanted and did not get to participate in yet another vault.  However, I'm keen to see what new changes and perks will be coming our way. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I really like the idea of earmarking Silvene, where the heroes and supers would get to go in at an appointed time and choose one product each (two for supers) they really wanted, and then go in with the masses to fight it out for the rest. I'm not making the decisions of course, that's merely one of a few ideas that I was playing with for things I think are fair, personally
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I like that idea of earmarking. I also feel that vault items should be limited to one per product per person, to prevent members from buying two or more of the same product. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
that's already happened; you can only buy one of each, and one perfume max. There are also people voluntarily sitting vaults out because they don't fancy or need anything in the upcoming vaults, which I think is laudable as well. Theres no sense in getting stuff just because you can if you don't really want it, to me.
mallomiss
569 posts
I like that idea too Trudijoy. .. keeps it fair but then there's still a perk.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
That's a great idea trudi
Rezee
1964 posts
Oh yeah, I know they stopped it. I was just meaning that every vault has it's new complications so new ideas have to be brought out all the time to combat it.
First Lady
957 posts
Hey everyone,

The Status Overhaul will come this week - we're instructing our gorgeous Beauty Boffins with our plans tomorrow, so not long to wait.

The really important thing to remember about Hero status is that in the grand scheme of things, as nice as it is to have, like most optional things, if it's not fun or becomes a chore, then let it go! 

We limited the items to 1 per person after the first vault. We then had an issue in the second vault with Heroes taking 2, 3, 4 and even 5 fragrance gift sets in the 10 minute headstart, so we set a limit on big ticket items - when fragrance features in the vault you can only pick up 1, across the whole range.

When we came up with Hero status it wasn't to create an 'elite' group - We try to be as inclusive a site as we can be, a huge reason why the vault head start was stopped.  There are lots of members who regularly and consistently review, but aren't active across the site, say on the Photowall or the Forum.  Yet they're legitimately earning points and contributing to the core purpose of the site; the review database.  They deserve a fair shot at trading those points in.

We always envisioned Hero (and later on Superhero) status to be fun, to kind of 'tip our hats' to those BR addicts who simply enjoy the site massively, for whom the site is a hobby, or somewhere fun to spend a couple of hours.  We never wanted people to go hugely out of their way to achieve and attain it  and we certainly didn't want people to stress about losing it, or really have to drag themselves here to place reviews, just to get early vault entry!  

In our minds making someone a Hero is the Beauty Crew saying 'we see all of the contributions you're making to the site, we appreciate them and we love having you here'.  And yes, being the type of people we are, we try to come up with cool ways to say thanks and put smiles on your faces, like you do to ours. It's a huge perk of the job for us, we get to treat, surprise and pamper people, #justbecause.

Anyhoo, the purpose of the Status Overhaul is to simplify things for members, to be more inclusive and to engage and reward as many people as we can.  

xox

MissQT
1547 posts
thanks for the clarification Nat. Look forward to the release of the status overhaul :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Over haul (said like that) sounds sah scary D: 
Rezee
1964 posts
Nat, we so need a like button on this forum! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
First Lady
957 posts
Shaz... I capitalised and italicised for dramatic effect.  (I've been watching When Calls the Heart on Netflix.  One is digging the poorly acted, melodramatic vibes!)

Rezee... ooo we could have it so a Fonz with thumbs up appears, haha!  I'm so old.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Oooo so much curiosity, can't wait to see how this new 'system' is going to work!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Very well explained :) x
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks for the explanation Nat, and sorry if I came off grizzly in my post. Rough weekend
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Interesting thread ladies. All will be revealed soon enough! I think that with 30000 ish members now perhaps there may be more status levels. We shall see.
mallomiss
569 posts
Thanks Nat! 

Looking forward to the overhall ! 

I'm sure it will be awesome, you ladies constantly come up awesome ideas! 
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you for sharing that with us Nat. I have no ideas about perks. I look forward to seeing whats in store for us all.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Sounds good :) I prefer everyone entering the vault at once personally.
annanguyen
142 posts
Thanks Nat! Looking forward to the Status Overhaul tomorrow, although it sounds a bit scary :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Like everyone else I'm quite excited about this announcement!

I think that is one of the great things about BR that it is ever evolving. Can't wait to see what comes out next.
SandyGedge
394 posts
I've been mia since having bubs and can't wait to see all the new changes to BR :-) and I was reading that there's now over 30,000 members! That's freaking awesome BR! I (along) with others have watched you grow :-)
mallomiss
569 posts
Welcome back Sandy! 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Just wondering if this has been announced yet? The last few days been massive here and hoping I haven't missed it?
Head Pixie
569 posts
Not yet... things are being finalised ... :) xo
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Thanks head pixie xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!