Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Small Purchases - Big Differences

12 posts, 8 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I was thinking today about how a few of the cheaper items I’ve bought have made a big difference. For example I recently bought Swisspers Dual Cosmetic Tips which is pointy cotton buds on one side and a flat one on the other side. When I messed up my winged liner like usual I was able to correct and get a sharp line with the pointed tip and some micellar water and it was quick and easy I completed winged liner within five minutes, which is miraculous for me. Those cotton buds cost under $5 at Countdown and I hope that it keeps on selling those.
   Another item was the flat hair ties I bought at the $2 dollar store I think it was 5 for $2 and they work so well at the end of braids. I used to have to chop off the thinning ends of my hair every month around where the elastic was when I switched I stopped needing monthly trims. And all it cost me was $2.
    So was wondering if there’s any cheap small investments that we should be making and items that were cheap as chips but made a huge difference in making you look better, life easier, etc. all that good stuff.

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Pawpaw ointment isn't hugely expensive but helps restore dried lips.
And my eyeliner is cheap for a quick face alteration :p
tannygirl
3392 posts
  A NBR one is my little wireless internet USB. Cost me only a few NZD but when the wireless at our house is acting up and will connect to mobile phones but not laptops, this little USB thing allows me to get online. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Sort of NBR but those loom bands that kids used to play with are perfect for tiny braids or things that an ordinary rubber band is too big for. Hairties are way too bulky for intricate braids I sometimes do but loombands are the perfect size and really stretchy, and I just cut it at night with a craft knife so it's easy to take off. They're probably like $5 for a couple thousand on trademe?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh yes I agree with loom bands as hair tyes.  I use them in my little girls hair when we doing spiders aka lots of plaits lol.

Only downside is they go everywhere he he he
Kimrose
1416 posts
I love the swisspers range, there are so many products that are useful everyday and the whole range is such great value.
Koni
444 posts
The dual tips sound great, I got to keep an eye out for them!

Though it may seem a little "extra", my depotting spatula and paw palette make a big difference to me. I got both from Beautylish but I'm sure you can find the same items for cheap elsewhere.

These items allow me to have clean hands, to use product without contaminating it and a place to mix my cream products.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Another one that is my microfiber turban hair towel thingy. I think it was only a few dollars at Countdown but it really makes a difference on how efficiently my hair towel dries. My mom bought one and she agrees it makes a difference and it doesn't feel uncomfortable to wear on your hair as a fullsized towel. Antoher bonus is less frizz and damage. If you haven't got one you should try it. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Another one is my shower cap. Only a few bucks but it means that half my hair doesn't get wet every time I shower just because we have the shower hair fixed to the wall.
MareeB
5241 posts
Yep, the cheap hair ties from The Warehouse have been my best purchase. I've tried other brands but they're not as good.

I've tried some Beauty Formulas products that are quite good and very cheap from Postie.
Priestess
18 posts
Maybelline express remover, nail polish remover.  It is the best and under $5, it takes the polish off quicker than if I were to fuss around with actual remover and cotton pads, and then I would get annoyed when the pads failed and left lint on my nails and it would result in a mess, this has been my most favoured of purchases over the last few months, have used it multiple times now and it is still going strong, even took layered glitters off in an instant.  
tannygirl
3392 posts
  That nail polish remover sounds amazing Priestess. Glitter is one I shy away from because I don't like to have to remove it.

I bought a cheap pumice from New World that I have in the shower it couldn't have been more than $8 and lasts me months. I used to have really hard, rough heels. I just take about ten seconds to scrub my feet in the shower every night and a bit of foot cream and they stay pretty soft. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!