Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

29 posts, 23 members
Macs
5351 posts
With summer coming its shaving season. All winter I pretty much didn't shave lol Are you like me hybernate your legs in winter and then start again in summer ? Or are you regular and whats your best shaver? I enjoy using venus. I wouldn't mind giving waxing a go.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I don't shave as often as I usually do during the colder seasons but enough to not hear "your legs are prickly" lol
This winter I couldn't quite reach my legs hahaha so they have became quite the hairy monsters....counting down the days till I can shave!. I just use a shaving foam and disposable razors :D
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm a big wimp so can't even tolerate the thought of waxing so have always been a razor fan.  I've got the new Venus swirl with the little ball in it, oh wow it is good especially over the knee area as it moves on your skin rather than you dragging it.  I also use an oil like the L'Occitane almond shower oil in the bath as a shave lotion as it works better for me than any foam, gel or cream and I don't get ingrown hairs or shaving rash after using it.

k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I use to this whilst a relationship I did it more so. But for me my hair is so coarse and grows like a monkey thst it actually hurts if I let them grow all winter. So shaved I actually have to shave every night yes hairy monkey I don't shave every night though just every second day in summer my growth isn't as bad I think due to the heat.
annanguyen
142 posts
YEP lol I rarely shave my legs in the winter, no one really sees my legs in the winter anyway (apart from myself and my husband). I start shaving again in the summer when I wear dresses and shorts. Gillette Venus is my go-to razor, I find shaving saves me time and more convenient, I don't have pain tolerance for waxing.
If I could afford a laser hair removal to permanently remove my legs hair, I definitely would.  
-Bex-
611 posts
I'm always shaving or waxing (if I can be patient enough to let it grow) I hate the feeling of stuble rubbing on my tights or jeans. I like the Gillette mens razor with the 4 blades
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
During winter I reduce my leg shaving to once a week to give my skin a break. I'm always looking for a better razor though.
pintsize
1072 posts
I use to be a regular shaver and preferred the Bic Soleil razor with replacement heads, or better still waxing; but I bought myself an epilator a while back and I haven't even picked up my razors since.
Mila
1209 posts
I'm a regular shaver, mainly because I hate the feeling of not shaving...however this last winter while being pregnant I gave up on hopes of seeing my legs or feet so there wasnt much shaving haha.....

now that I can bend again we have resumed shaving rituals....i'm a bit of a quick once over in the shower type of shaver and I use whatever shaver my partner has left in there for me much to his disgust !
Rezee
1964 posts
I try not to let my leg hairs get too long lol. I'm in jeans or pants pretty much year round though but I prefer smooth legs. I'm terrible with remembering to shave under my arms though.  I'm not even sure how I forget!
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I shave all year round only because I like to wear skirts to work and at my job it gets pretty warm. I use Gillette the sensitive ones. I haven't tried waxing on the legs yet. And with that I can only use the protex soaps (99c) to shave with. For some reason I can't use shaving creams or gels it gives me rashes.
MareeB
5241 posts
I shave my legs, but pretty irregularly!
Ringy
825 posts
I shave in an emergency- I have had IPL on a few areas and just wax to keep it all in check but there are those times when you have to reach for a razor- and it's usually my husbands!
Macs
5351 posts
I've been so irregular Maree. I've always been a chicken when it comes to home waxing. I might give it a shot.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I shave or wax all year around :)
be to funny going to the gym with more hair on my body than the average man ha ha 
-Bex-
611 posts
Haha Fi!!!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I shave in winter (once a week) and then around the end of October, I go for a full leg wax and then begin epilating (the once-off wax helps eliminate the pain of first time epilation). I epilate through summer until it gets too cold and uncomfortable and then switch back to shaving for winter again. 
Kimrose
1416 posts
In the winter I do a bit hairy mclary but as soon as I am out of trousers for work, the razor comes out. I am currently using Venus but am considering buying an epilator. 
Ringy
825 posts
How is everyone going with those at home IPL machines? I'm really curious if they give lasting results.  I hate shaving and going to get waxed is always such a chore. 
charly
456 posts
I have an epilator, but I'm really slack about it at the moment. Now the weather is warming up I should sit down and find my legs under the forest! My leg hairs are super blonde so I get away with being lazy ;)
MrsO
196 posts
I shave less in the winter because my legs are always covered up with jeans and trousers, my hubby has to put up with my hairy legs, haha. He bought me an epilator years ago, but being a wimp I found it too painful and went back to shaving.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Much to fiances disgust I shave less often in winter - I'm always wearing long pants so why bother?! Depending on what I do or wear during the warmer weeks I will shave on a Saturday or when its needed ! As for my best shaver, I have no idea what its called, but I should probably buy a new one!
Ringy
825 posts
And how much colder is it getting into bed with freshly shaved legs??? Even putting jeans on and the wind blows up and it's freezing! Hairy is much warmer in winter!
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I'm SO slack in Winter - with moisturising AND shaving. Back into the routine now and I'm going to purchase the Lush shaving cream xx
SandyGedge
394 posts
hehe I'm sooo the same Macs in winter, my family call me the hairy monster  hahahaha  and I always dread summer comming around ;-)  I'm actually on the lookout for a new razor, I was using the venus.  Lets see what's in the supermarket today?
Danni
324 posts
I shave like 3 times in winter! I'm so bad hahahahaha if that. I recently did my annual spring shave and man did it take awhile. I couldn't do it in the shower and use the hot water cause it would of used to much power so I sat on the floor and did it that way! I desperately need a new razor, I believe I'm just using a schick one maybe? BUUUUT I just purchased a new pot of D'Fluff today from lush my holy grail shaving cream as I used up all mine on my mamoth shave. Summer I'm ready for you :P
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Interesting to see that not shaving in winter or as much in winter is a common thing amongst you lovelies.  I myself can't stand not shaving through winter.  I prefer smooth at all times and so does my hubby so it works for me.  
Ringy
825 posts
I'm laughing at that Danni- I stand in the bathtub if it's a big shave- or sometimes stick my leg up on the bench and use the hand basin then shower after! plus you don't feel so rushed! That's why I much prefer waxing. But when I shave I like schick hydro or Venus razors-I did get an Intuition one once- no good- it's gigantic and unmanuverable (?) and for being so big it's just a regular little razor inside a huge case. 
Macs
5351 posts
I'm glad I'm not the only fuzzy bear. I'm going to need to buy myself another one, I think I've re used mine enough times now.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!