Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sephora Holiday Special

34 posts, 12 members
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Alright who's getting the new palette from hourglass with the Sephora Holiday Specials VIB members can acquire it the 15th USA for us Thursday or everyone else 17th September USA or us would be Saturday... So who's getting this one? I'm probably going pass for now... Just wondering who has their timer set for this palette? I wonder if it'll sell out like the Becca Champagne pop?
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love Hourglass so much! I will be skipping this palette though as I already have the ambient lighting and the blush palette from them so can't really justify spending for just the bronzer...... Still going to be jealous of anyone who picks it up though!
Rezee
1964 posts
As lovely as it looks, I won't be either. I'm considering the vice 4 or lorac mega 2 so I'm waiting for those.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Is this something I need to look out for in Sephora Sydney on Friday?

OK I admit it, openly skiting hehe x
Lutece
1849 posts
Your such an enabler hun! I wanted this so much BUT after seeing how small it is compared to the regular palettes I think I have settled on buying the Trio of each one instead for more product
kirstyj
1732 posts
You are so right Lutece! I forgot about the size of it. I think the normal trios are still good value for money though.

Trudi I didn't think Aussie Sephora had Hourglass? But you should check Mecca Cosmetica out, although I'm sure you will :P Anything else on your wishlist Trudi?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Not sure tbh kirstyj but Mecca in Newmarket does.

I want to play in Kat von D, and thinking I might end up with a studded kiss lippy and maybe a palette.  I'm going to take advantage of the free foundation with a $30 spend Chichi deal in Myer (hopefully) and restock my HG Victoria's Secret gel cream.  I want/need/want more Sephora brand liners.

Other than that, whatever takes my fancy will come home with me :)  I know where to go in Sydney for EOH and Tony Moly, then there is Sephora, Myer, David Jones and about a million Priceline stores. . .   I was just in Sydney in Jan so I have a good plan of attack hehe.

Also want to hit up a couple of clothing stores and actually make it to Manly and/or Bondi for once, and my fave wee cliched things like having a drink at the Opera Bar etc :)

I'm a lil bit excited haha.  The conference will also be amazing, and they phoned me today with details and were like 'oh and we had a hamper of treats sent to your room for Friday, enjoy it' :D

And also. . . i get a couple weeks in Dunedin as well!  Blessed x

Not to mention the flowers and lollies my new work sent me today to say 'enjoy your last week teaching, we're looking forward to you being part of our team!'

Sorry.  Overtired, overexcited, oversharing x hehe
kirstyj
1732 posts
All sounds fab Trudi! Glad things are going so well for you :)

Make sure to check out the Sephora brand brushes while you are there! They are apparently awesome and I really regret not picking some up last time I was there.
trudijoy
8375 posts
kirsty there is a whole negative downer other side to things right this second but I'm choosing to focus on the good right now...

ooh sephora brushes?  *adds to list* - thanks hon x
kirstyj
1732 posts
Trudi - "In bad times, choose to grow stronger. In good times, choose to enjoy fully. In all times choose to be grateful"
(Just thinking of you is all)
trudijoy
8375 posts
way too public a place to air the intense muppetness I'm dealing with haha.  Thanks xx
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Trudi a sephora collection of shadows that came earlier this year are from the sea range I think it's called they're very good dupes I have the seahorse 114 double reflect eyeshadow. I've not yet used it but the swatches look unreal. They're really pretty and affordable although I'd dint buy mine it was a gift and others from this range good to look at are Sirens charm 111, stormy seas 113,irredescent shell 110, mermaid tail 112, hidden treasure 114. Basically I named the whole range but check them out also the highlighter is pretty good I think it's a dupe for albatross from Nars ? I could be wrong about the dupe but it's one of those highend dupes.
trudijoy
8375 posts
kia ora keri!  Will note those down to check out xx
Macs
5351 posts
I won't be getting it. Are going to get it Keri? Sounds good.
Koni
444 posts
I saw the title of this thread and had a pretty good hunch it was by you Keri lol. No palette for me I have no interest in getting it I'm quite content with the Ambient Lighting palette. HOWEVER :-) I'm waiting for the new Sephora Favourites.

Head up Trudi there's a lot of great items waiting for you in Sydney!! xx
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I'm with Lutece, I was sure I was going to be all over that palette - then I saw the size of the powders! You get less product with the 6 powders than you do in the 3 powder Ambient palette lol what on earth.

I do 110% still want one of their blushes and bronzers at some point though :D
trudijoy
8375 posts
and beyond, koni!!  Thanks babe - life will get a lot better soon, but you wouldn't believe what I'm having to put up with in the meantime.

Oh well, nearly there x
chikoboo
3402 posts
I was planning on getting a couple of pieces but since Sephora has for some reason decided not to accept my payments anymore I will again have to miss out on Sephora exclusives sets
kirstyj
1732 posts
You would love their blushes Sarahbeautynz! I got the 3 and I love them, they are beautiful. I'm still working on panning my Ambient lighting powder though, I've majorly hit pan though and it makes me want to use it up even more. (loved seeing your empties on the photowall)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Hahaha you knwo me well Koni. Macs nope I'm not getting this I'm waiting on others to be launched I'm thinking the lippie favorites and the Kat Von d book of shadows if that what it'll be called but basically 20 shadows I think for under 50 USD. AAAAMAZING btw how about her new packaging shes releasing soon coffin shaped shadow palettes....
Chick I think they're recognized the credit card and it's address to it if I make sense why they cancel the order so what I reckon or suggest is either 1 buy a sephora gift card then pay that way or 2 by a top up ccard like pressie card bc these cards have no fixed address to them and you can then use your forward shipping company for orders to be delivered to.

Trudi Sydney came at the right time hasn't it? I'm a keep my eye open on IG for your posts & wait in anticipation for your hauls upon your return :-)
Macs
5351 posts
I had a look at their site to see if anything caught my eye. Still looking at it keri. I could spend hours browsing through catergories.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I can't believe how little product you get for the price! It's such a shame as this could have been an amazing palette. I'm off to LA late October and so can't wait to go to Sephora there, their holiday sets got me last year and I've already got my eye on one. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Argh Jess, so jealous you'll be over there when all the holiday stuff is releasing! 

Kirsty, I want to see a photo of your Ambient palette and its pan! I legit tried Googling an image of pan on an Ambient palette last night so I could figure out how deep the pans are coz I'm thinking about panning mine lol but there were none! I really need a life. Haha.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Arggh Jes can I come too lol so so jealous don't forget haul pics too.
Macs I do the same thing as you spend hours browsing on there making up a cart of wishlists
Apparently right now the Kat Von D shadow palette is available. Omgoshhh I'm not ready for this arggh.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
MI Vida local arrrghhhh :O these holiday specials are coming out too early
Rezee
1964 posts
Oh my gosh, LA!  I don't think the US girls get how lucky they are with sephora! lol. Have fun!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Haven't panned my palette yet Sarah! I've had it only a week so id be worried if I had. Just my singular powder in Diffused Light :) (I'll post it to the photo wall later)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
O yeah, I knew that too, duh! Lol awesome, I'm excited to see it
Rezee
1964 posts
I watch a lady on youtube who pans, sorry I can't remember her name. Anyway, she accidentally broke her palette. The pan looks to be pretty much straight under the domes.
Rezee
1964 posts
Her name is Peachy Keen. I think it would be under her pan that palette video.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Oooo good to know, thanks Renee! I think I'll just go for it then!

Just saw the video, I think you're right, it's not too deep from what I can see. Hoorah!
kstah21
127 posts
I was going to get it, had my $130 (nzd coverted) saved up, then found all these pics showing the size!! 0.049oz per pan!!!! NO WAY!! i cried and moaned and cried some more,
oh well not all is lost, my idol and obession is bringing out MORE Shade and light stuff, The pic KVD released yesterday, featured a new EYE shade and light (she was VERY careful not to put palette on that) and the feature was a bevelled large coffin case, which if my other KVD brushes are anything to go by, it could possibly be an eye brush set. (my other shade and light brushes came in the coffins too).  I can not wait to get what ever these are, and honestly, i dont care what they are are, im getting them...... i need to complete my collection hahahaha (and thank goodness i have a way to get them now)
#katvondobsessed
alikat
423 posts
I was going to get this, but as soon as I saw how little product you get for that USD$80 I went all shades of No. I didn't get the blush palette last year and I've got regrets around that, but I'll just get myself a full sized one. Or two.

However, the tarte holiday blush palette is very, very tempting. Looking forward to seeing what else is about. I was gifted the tarte holiday blushes last year and they haven't dissapointed (and I'm still working my way through them)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Just watched Tarababyz (YouTube) review on this palette. It's so freaking cute and mini! Urgh. But I definitely won't be picking it up now coz I just realised the pans are so small you'd end up picking up blush when going in for your finishing powder lol. Pink face anyone?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!