Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sensitive skin - HELP

8 posts, 8 members
Nicola31
1 posts
Hi all
I have sensitive skin and am unable to wear eye shadow (I can get away with one night for a special occassion but any more than that and I get dry itchy lids).

I used to always wear Revlon photoready but a few years ago they changed the formula and it became too orange. So I then changed to Estee Lauder double wear and I loved it. But it was a bit too much for wearing to work.

I decided to try a tinted BB cream (olay) and thought it was great for about 2 months! But now I have broken out on my chin with the worse contact dermatitis! Its red, blistery and burns. I put hydrocortizone cream on but it keeps coming back.
So I bought a different brand (albeit it was a supermarket brand...) - no change!

So my question is - can you recommend a BB cream or light tinted moisteriser for very senstitive skin?

Thanks!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i wonder if Oasis would work for you? You'd have to patch test it but you used to be able to get samples so probably still could.

Check it out - they reckon it's designed for sensitive skin - Oasis tends to be pretty natural.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I second Oasis BB creams if you can get a match. Also check out their Rhino Repair it's great for eczema and it's a an all purpose moisturizer that you can use on your face including around your eyes. I have eczema and found it really soothing but light weight and fast absorbing.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I use nyx bb cream and have sensitive skin. But definately do a patch test as it sounds like yours in overly sensitive. Rosehip oil helped me a lot. Hope you find something that works for you.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Garnier does a BB cream designed for sensitive skin. Living Nature might also do one. Also would a powder like the Antipodes one be a bit more gentle than a cream?
Imoshen
461 posts
Could be an ingredient in something you're using that your skin has taken a dislike to.  

What products are you using to wash and moisturise with?  
Have you changed them lately?  
Have you tried something lighter like a tinted moisturiser instead?  
Are you using foundation over the top of your BB Cream?

Julieal
915 posts
I would stop using the BB cream for a week and just continue with other products to determine if it is actually the BB cream that is the problem. I have sensitive skin and find my skin will react within a day if there is a problem with a product.
siouxsannah
261 posts
I would check any makeup you are using for the ingredient methylisothiazolinone, and any of its variants that also end in "thiazolinone". It is a common preservative, but it causes contact dermatitiis in about 10% of people that use it. Anyone with sensitive skin should avoid it. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!