Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

scents for moods, times of day etc

19 posts, 12 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
So I'm a scent person.  I use scent to pick me up, calm me down etc etc.

So it stands to reason that i NEED different scents of things at different times of day, right? :D

Candles.... i have energising citrus/tropical/coconut ones going at work and switch out to vanilla or rose or something at night.  Morning showers = sweet, peppy shower gel and night = creamy ones in softer scents.

It's not just me, right?
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Not just you Trudi.  I use scentsy instead and change our the scent once a day only because I get sick of the same one if it's going for too long.  I tend to go for sweet and fruity during the day and at night something a little more masculine and spicy almost.  I even have a scent that is perfect for when we're sick because it helps clear the nose.
I had never thought about it until you mentioned it.  I also change the scent dependent on the weather and how I am feeling.  In summer and spring its more light crisp scents and stormy days tend to me comfort smells like food scents.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I use Scentsy too and melt a new cube every night. I pick whatever I feel like that evening but generally when it's cooler I prefer sweet scents - vanilla, baked goods, berries with vanilla, etc. Whereas with warmer weather I tend to go for fresh and fruity scents more. I go for florals whenever I want. The joys of having wax melts is you can switch scents whenever you want.
MareeB
5239 posts
Me too Trudi. Scents can really affect my mood, so I have preferences for difference times of the day and days of the week.
Macs
5351 posts
I wanna try one Scentsy just to give it a go. If it was made of Soy I would of went for a large haul of it. In the morning I put my soy Caramel melt on from Vixen and Co. In the evenings I like lavender or musk scents. Sometimes my children rule the burner. Son loves the Papaya from Aroma Addiction.
JessB
219 posts
Totally get what you mean Trudi, at nights I like warming and spicy scents, like cinnimon or vanilla, but in the morning I like a good amount of zing, mostly citrus. This especially applies to shower gels and soaps. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Ooooh  love caramel scents too Macs. I could burn caramel candles all day and night.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I'm like that but with perfumes. People seem to find it so hard to fathom why I need 20+ perfumes, but they're all different!! They say why do you need so many, just buy one that you really like. But I love every one of them, they just elicit different feelings and suit different situations.
Julieal
915 posts
I love lavender at night as I find it relaxes me and  love to have a nice invorgating scent first thing in morning.Scents definately can make your day.
EmmaWhite
5 posts
fresh air in the morning helps me to set up for new day, scent of tea and coffee helps me to relax in hard situations during a work day.
trudijoy
8375 posts
perfume i restrict to two or three - day ones and night ones. But that's because i've had it go funny on me in the auckland summer heat too often
Macs
5351 posts
I'm perfume crazy. I just purchased Marc Jacobs Honey yesterday from the CS Factory. I love them I always get comments for smelling good.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I do have some really gorgeous expensive better suited to evening scents but I don't reach for them very often because I don't go out in the evening hardly ever since I'm more of a homebody. I was into perfume for a while so that's when I started collecting. I can get away with some more evening type scents in winter since it's cooler though but mostly I have my signature DKNY Be Delicious Blossom which I love wearing year round and it's suitable for any type of occasion. 
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Totally makes sense :) from an aromatherapy point of view, the fresher, sharper top notes like citrus are more uplifting so a lot of people gravitate toward them in the morning/during the day, whereas middle and base notes like rose, lavender etc are more sedating so they’re better for the evening :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh I love the smell of fresh coffee, not like coffee scented candles or anything, just pure coffee. Pity though I don't really like to drink coffee myself. I have a library near my that always smells really nice like ocffee because of the connected cage.
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh me too - the smell of fres coffee in the morning  is lovely, and I like the smell of strong tea in the morning too. And soft caramel in the evening....
Beauty88
29 posts
I love that smell too
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
In the morning I like invigorating, wake me up citrus oompy type scents but in the afternoon/evening I like scents that are calming and great for getting me relaxed and settled like lavender, eucalyptus etc. I use the Lush Twilight body spray and Twilight solid perfume to help me sleep, it has really helped give me a good nights sleep. Although this daylight savings thing is not helping at the moment ha ha ha.
trudijoy
8375 posts
sleep scents are life Mumof3!! I'm in love with the 'This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray' that kirstyj put me on to... SO GOOD.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!