Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

13 posts, 10 members
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Suuuup ladies! I'm just wondering if any of you have tried Rovies primer and had a bad reaction to it? A friend gave me some to try and within a few minutes of using it my skin felt like it was burning and it turned really red. I had to wash it off. My skin isn't usually sensitive and I haven't had this happen before so I'm thinking I am probably allergic to one of the ingredients in it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same reaction and has an idea of what could be irritating my skin so I can avoid that ingredient?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh Jess that sounds awful! I've not tried it so I can't tell you my opinion - but I did try a Garnier moisturizer that burnt the diddly out of me. I know it's not the same but I know the pain you are going through! I hope your skin is okay now x
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Oh no :( I have the primer and have never had an issue with it. Maybe send Joni a message, she might have an idea what you reacted to?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey hun, I think I had the same problem with the primer too, also a few of the foundations I can't wear either which is such a shame.  It made my face super red and itchy, wonder what ingredient it is that is reacting that way.  May Joni can help xx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yip! I messaged her which I know people know. It's the rosemary oil. She makes it without if you let her know you reacted to it. Sounds like your skin is mega sensitive to react like that. I just got a tingle after using for a couple of days then it reacted.
MareeB
5244 posts
That's interesting? I use tons of Rosemary Oil - it never occured  to me some people might be sensitive to it.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Maree it's weird aye. I was so pleased when Joni went into the ingredients with me so now I know what to stay away from. What blown away when she created it without rosemary for me to try a few months ago. She is awesome
MareeB
5244 posts
That is awesome - the beauty of dealing with local people eh?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Jessikaxnz sorry to hear this has happened In sure Joni can help you out.

Farmerswife Joni & Rovie are so awesome

Maree isn't this just KIWI all over the hospitable ways in their company's down to earth Ness.
Macs
5351 posts
I havent tried their products yet jess. I've meaning to get a few samples from Joni too. Maybe when she returns from her trip I'll give it a try. Im pretty sure Joni would be able to help you. Shes really good like that.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
It must be the Rosemary if others have found a similar reaction. I'll make sure to stay away from makeup and skincare with rosemary in it, thanks ladies :)
Julieal
915 posts
This sounds nasty -definately not worth using. I have sensitive skin so often have reactions and sometims it is just that one ingredient is too strong.
RoVie
3 posts
Hi ladies! If any of you have any kind of reaction I would really like to know about it please! Yes, the rosemary seems to be the one the effects those sensitive skins so I have stopped putting rosemary in altoghether. 

I do reccomend getting the samples which are for sale on the website before buying anything in it's larger form, I have made it affordable so that you don't feel cheated if you can't use something ($5 for 5 samples). 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!