Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Right that's it!!

54 posts, 31 members
Rezee
1964 posts
I so need to put myself on a beauty spending ban. I have started collecting lipsticks in the last couple of months, I now own 31 fullsize ones, not including minis, balms or glosses! I have so many unopened mascaras, foundations, body lotions etc..... Anyone else like me! I think I need to do a project 30 pan or something lol!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Me too Rezee, I was saying to the hubby after I made my hoard of online purchases yesterday to take away my cards for the next 2 months as I have spent so much already.  He grinned and said I should only do it for 30 days then have a really big spend up.....well that kind of defeats the purpose but I love him for it lol.  Determine, other than subscription boxes (of which memebox I mean only 2 for the whole month...maybe 4 so its one a week?) I will not purchase anymore online or retail shop for beauty products as I have enough.   So June/July I going to save up....lets see how long it lasts, I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest deals =)
Chaotic82
522 posts
My husband has decided he wants to buy a boat, so there goes all the sneaky beauty purchases for me.  I'll join the ban :(
kirstysays
762 posts
I so need to do this as well...But I don't think I would survive!
Susilia
484 posts
I'm on the ban too for the month of May, however I just tidied up my beauty product boxes, I have 18 unused, unopened foundations and BB creams and I have 6 already opened and now I am trying to go trough them... That's only BB creams and foundations, I have boxes filled with daycreams, nightcreams, masks, lipsticks, mascaras whatever else you can imagine, I have it! So I think that's it for me, the stuff I have would be enough for years to come, so I decided not to buy anything in the near future and trademe here I come!!!:) (it's in my genes, so I have an excuse, my mom was a beauty product hoarder too)
Hollie
320 posts
Maybe we need a Buy, Sell, Swap group ;) Or a party where we trade our beauty products (and clothes and shoes...) that'd be so much fun. But alas, we all live around the country.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Heck!! Here I was looking at the things I got from violet box worried I hadn't opened them.

Swapping would be a great idea for the horders :D

ive been selling clothes like crazy on trademe to fund my new found love :)
Hollie
320 posts
I have a bag of products that I'll never used, un-opened, from various Goodieboxes and Samplebars etc. I often include them in with bday and Xmas pressies. My daughter gets all the sparkly, twinkly make up that I'll never use, and nail polishes. But it would be cool to do swaps.
Hollie
320 posts
brushandbullet
395 posts
I started a no-buy on the 1st of May! I actually already "accidentally" bought some perfume samples, but other than that I've been strong :D Glad I've got some others to join in on the misery haha.

I found that once I decided I wasn't going to spend anything it was easy to just shut it all out and not go, "oh, I want this, so I won't get that" -- it's easier to go all or nothing.

It's actually one of the main reasons I've never bought a samples box. I had quite a lot of stuff already! I've been much better about it the past couple of years, and have already sold off some makeup. Before that it was clothes. I think I've only got about 40 things in my closet now.
hughes_dre
229 posts
I'm definitely in the same boat!!  I can't seem to help myself, I always thing 'I don't have it in that shade!' and then I get home only to discover, I actually have about four of the same shade of what I just bought!!  I have trays, and trays of products.  In fairness, I do use them all (obviously not all at once) as I change up my looks on a daily basis, but still... My purse is starting to really hurt.

Maybe I'll start a no-spending ban in June... :D
Rezee
1964 posts
Oh yay, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I try to do a no spending month pretty much every month but I've never quite gotten there. I have done okish this month though, I've done 1 iherb order, 2 beauty joint, 1 rose rose shop and this morning bought a $16 pair of shoes for my son. Oh yeah and 3 beauty products off tm, hmm I think that is everything. Oh haha and my 4 beauty vault products. That is only a really small amount for me to shop!
I think I need to have a saving goal for something, I mean I do save but I also love to spend. My mum lives in Aus so maybe I should save all my beauty money to be able to visit her instead??
I like the idea of a swap thing, I was thinking of listing some stuff on tm but I can't really be bothered right now!
kayxcake
422 posts
I am on a shopping ban too! Well... I am... I haven't bought anything since last week.. so that's good right? I am waiting for the MAC Alluring Aqua collection to come out on Nordstorm, I think Monday?! I have my eyes on those lipsticks! and maybe after I get my hands on that, I will begin my REAL shopping ban. 
Cat
474 posts
I've put myself on a cosmetic ban, which I started on the 10th. I made a last splurge on MAC. I was in Farmers the other day while my sister shopped and I kept repeating 'I'm on a makeup ban'. I seriously don't need any makeup so half the battle was convincing myself of that. 

I'm also distracting myself with skincare product research. Changing seasons means a change of products for me so at least I have that to distract me from all the pretty coloured lipsticks and shadows! 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I'm so on this no spend May boat. Mine will have to be carried through to June though... I just bought 3 meme boxes and some Korean skin care from ebay, as I really need to start looking after my skin better. That's it - I'm leaving my debit card at home so I can't use it when I am bored at work :p
Kellie
570 posts
There must be something in the water as I cleaned out my many makeup bags/drawers recently and was a bit gobsmacked by just how much I had.  So now I've got Must Use Up May and Must Save May happening at the same time.  So no shopping (apart from existing Violet Box subscription) til the end of May and maybe even June.  Although I did just buy an iPhone cover on TradeMe - but I figure $26 will potentially save me mega $$$ if I broke the thing.  So that's kind of saving right?  
accidentprone_x
845 posts
The last makeup item I will buy online is the sleek icandy eyeshadow palette as I want to save up for Katy Perry, so that includes accommodation, petrol and food. Plus I wanna go to rainbows end also since I have never been. I have started to clean up all the makeup I don't use anymore and want use. But I have so many eyeshadow palettes and which I didn't own all three urban decay naked palettes because I think that the too faced chocolate bar palette has the perfect shades.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I ended up buying the latest memeboxes too Jessica, the combination boxes (colour and scent ones) and the office essential box.....gawd!!! I am so bad, that is 8 memeboxes on the way now.   I'm going to leave my cards in the hubby wallet (he really loves to save money so they are safe there lol)

Cat
474 posts
Accidentprone Sleeks icandy palette is really nice! If you buy direct with Sleek its half the price then buying here too! I love the pink shimmery shades in that palette. 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Oh may have a look on there actual website and yes it looks like it is really nice
g1ggles2
358 posts
I keep saying I need a spending ban until I find another job & wait for my redundancy to come in - yet I still seem to find money for stuff hahaha

In the last week I have made 2 NZ sale cosmetic purchases then today I brought a makeup organizer whoops!
Cat
474 posts
Accidentprone delivery us only around $5 too! If your looking at their blushes the Rose Gold one is awesome! 

Hahaha I'm enabling on a buying ban thread.... My bad :D 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I just had a look on there website and the shipping price is so affordable. Do you know what country they are located in?
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I'm not really tempted with makeup so much. I did go through a stage in my teens when I was spending pretty much all my allowance on makeup. But then I found out that eye shadow lasts me forever (when it's in the compact, not my eyelids unfortunately still need to find a crease-proof one) and majority of my make up does. So I'm trying to project pan it.

But skincare, yes that's something where in the past couple of years I have been spending a lot of money on. I really would go in debt if I owned a credit card so I refuse to own one. I type that likes to save so I only like to buy skincare on sale when there's a special, so I don't have to pay full price later when I run out or if I do pay full price I am getting something free. The problem is when several brands I like have specials or are on sale at the same time. This month has been pretty problematic with both Trilogy and Antipodes having specials at Farmers as I like to stock up on those brands.

I do use up my skincare but I keep adding to it so I don't run out. I did recently notice that my steam cream that I bought from sample bar was due to expire in September this year so I did move it up on the priority list of facial moisturizers plus giving my sister a generous ammount to use for winter. I do have another untouched tin but my mom's birthday is coming up so it might find it's way into her gifts along with some other stuff that has an expiry date much farther away.

Last year I ended up giving a decent ammount of skincare and makeup away to family. It was all brand new unused stuff though. Christmas is a really good time to quickly project pan off your non-expired unopened and unused goodies.
100_percent_ash
488 posts
In January BR did a set of resolutions and one I'e really taken to heart is to use up all my products. I did a big throw out of things I hadn't used in years, and set to work using up the part products. 

I am getting such satisfaction from throwing away empty bottles and I haven't bought many products at all this year. I bought my first lot of bodywash a few weeks ago after inishing the last of the gifted ones I normally keep for non-existent special occasions. My shelves are slowly getting emptied of the excessive clutter.

Normally I would buy new product as the old one got low then use the new one because I just couldn't resist.
Cat
474 posts
Accidentprone based in UK. Was a few months back that I ordered but pretty sure my 2 orders came within a fortnight. 
colleencanary
764 posts
I put myself on a spending ban for May but that all changed when hubby said he'll treat me to anything I want! Anything? Well within reason but a whole lot of makeup and skincare purchases wouldnt hurt right? Well then the bug bit me....

But.. I'm seriously going to make it a ban for June because my spending is just ridiculous sometimes. I dug out 2 of my cupboards the other day and theres shoes and clothes with the tags still on and I have no idea when I bought it. I'm too scared to dig through my other cupboards. So no more buying makeup, shoes, clothes for the rest of May and June... And you ladies dont tempt me please!!! :)
g1ggles2
358 posts
Stelle90
120 posts
This site makes it hard to have a spending ban!! Hehe I think my beauty purchases have gone into overload over the last few months due to seeing things on here and feeling like I just have to have them!! :) 

Kaitlyn343
268 posts
haha i know right, but I absoutely LOVE IT hehe. I've just gone and brought some trilogy products to try. yay
Jesse
745 posts
I agree with you there! I see things I wouldn't have even thought of and hear people rave about them and I WANT haha
Ha ha it's tough :-). Being part of BR has opened my eyes to so many things and I even wore lipstick today!!!!! That's huge for me. So no doubt I will $$$ more money on new things. Not to mention moisturiser and lip balms. So much I want to try from being on here. 
Rezee
1964 posts
Haha yep this site is so bad for me. Even after knowing I have too much, I have just been investigating youshop so I can maybe get the toofaced choc palette!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    This site doesn't help my bank account the more brands of stuff I come across the more I stuff I find I want to buy. It comes to a point where it's not a need anymore it's a want. Sadly though as I walk towards the checkout counter or head to checkout online, my brain seems to be confused and overjoyed about the new purchase, while my wallet cries.
Lexxie
98 posts
I am so glad to hear everyone wanting to go on a beauty purchase diet.. I have spent a lot lately and was getting the guilts... I have made an iHerb cart but its just sitting there, waiting, staring at me. Husband bought me a Farmers Voucher... might live off that for a while. I might not feel so guilty then eeek 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he really enjoyed reading this thread and I have to apologise for my bad influence on you all lol.   I've tried so many times to do a no spending ban, but the most I've lasted is like 2 weeks.  I have so many products I don't know what to do with, but its all good, because I only usually keep the products I know I will use and gift the others.  I love doing that, feels so good spreading some goodie love.  I was going on a no spending ban, but then I accidentally made an order on iHerb, woops, my fingers slipped onto the confirm order button and now I guess I'm just stuck with it he he he.  I will try my hardest to not spend anything, but unfortunately I'm not strong enough to pinky promise lol xx
Kaiarahi
160 posts
I was doing no spend May, but then ordered lorac unzipped. The husband ordered  Too Faced Chocolate bar for Mother's Day, but that doesn't count because HE purchased it ;) 

I'm flagging this month - my skin sucks so I'm doing a Paula's Choice order, and friend wants to share youshop shipping so going to do a Nordstrom order. 

But next month, next month I'm not spending at all! We are having IVF shortly, which if works, means we'll be on one income again..I better get used to no spend lol 

Manda129
419 posts
Oh it's so hard to not spend when there's so many goodies out there to tempt, I've cancelled my goodiebox as I have so many things from them that I just don't use, But Im sticking with Violetbox just to see how they go :) I'm definitely on a spending ban this month, my handbag finally fell apart so in desperate need of a new one, so got to give up the beauty goodies to save for a new handbag :)
Lexxie
98 posts
Scrap the above, I couldnt sleep because I kept thinking about placing iherb orders! So, I have officially placed my first iherb order. Ahhh now hopefully i can sleep :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Lexxie that's funny! But you you might find yourself watching the tracking of your order lol

My 2nd has reached Auckland and thinkin I'm needing to do a third with the grocery money. Soaps & stuff are technically groceries! I keep seeing all the posts about nose plug things, washing balls & soaps. The list goes on!
simone94
191 posts
I need to do this too, I have boxes of beauty products that have never been used or barely used. I need to train myself to finish a product before purchasing another. Might be beneficial to my student budget also.
Bird
231 posts
Hahah Lol! nose plugs! Farmers-Wife you are so funny :) Sarah and her infamous nose plugs!
hmmm... I don't hink I'm too bad, I only have a limited amount of spending money each week, although I have been procrastinating on things I really do need to do with that money... ugh. I will however still be making iherb orders as Its mostly "grocery" items anyway.. so I tell myself hehe. I'm just as hooked on the parcel tracking and my lovely courier lady coming to my door with my packages lol. Still need soaps and shampoos and hot chocolate right! -total denial I have a problem here- the odd eyeliner wont hurt xD

chikoboo
3402 posts
Farmers-wife lol nose plugs and washing balls =)

I love tracking items too, but I also love filling an online cart up with wonderful things and then having to close the tab, its nice to do it once in a while and actually check out but I do get the same buzz from online "window shopping" which is good as that's all I'm going to be doing for the next month or so, until my next indulgent splurge.....even then I say to myself, well iherb is technically groceries and essential items, and candle crush is essential for winter you need candles to feel warmth and relax, so no doubt I'll talk myself into something or other, but I do whole heartedly mean to keep to it =)
michelleburne
229 posts
I have multiple tabs open with carts, I put things in, take things out, put them back in.......then close the tabs......sometimes I shall "proceed to checkout" if I'm having a "who gives a damn" moment, but I do more online window shopping with the occassional slip ups lol.......Ive slipped up a bit more than usual lately :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I do add things to carts and then close tabs, though honestly it's to check how much the order will be so I can money aside accordingly. And I also want to make sure that that discount coupon code works plus it does affect the price of the order and I want to make sure I have enough to pay for it. I could do the math in head or using a calculater but I think filling up a cart is way more fun. Besides some sites don't mention how much shipping is and filling up a cart is the only way to find out.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Chikoboo speaking of candle crush, did you see FB I think, where they showed they make special candles for business etc to give as gifts? HOW ABOUT A SPECIAL BEAUTY REVIEW CANDLE!!!!!'  Yeah baby yeah!
1139 posts
I saw that Candle Crush post too - so cool how they do customised Candles. A Beauty Review candle would be amazing! What a fab idea Farmers-Wife :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
The biggest question though would be what scent sums up BR lol =)
Chaotic82
522 posts
Good point chikoboo!!  So much to try and jam into one scent...hehe
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I just made a makeup.co.nz purchase but I am now placing myself on a makeup ban so hopefully i will actually keep this resolution.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!