Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

33 posts, 24 members
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Hey team,

it sometimes seems that fewer and fewer people are on the forum these days, which is a shame, as I like a good read, but I guess it's like most things - Quality, not Quanity.
I was wondering how your reviews are going? I'd love to see the site hit 100,000, but it seems to be taking ages, given how many people have joined up!
Personally, I'm trying to pop in  a couple a day & I'm waiting on one product to be added...

- do you have a daily/weekly goal? are you holding off until the number gets closer? or are you waiting on products to be added?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hi Karen :D 

I usually try to do 2 or 3 a week but last week I had no interwebz so I didn't bother doing any, and this week to make up for it I popped out quite a few, including doing a trial review for a really spectacular product. 

It is a shame that some of the old faces aren't around anymore but I guess life gets in the way/they move on from BR. For me, I can't think of good threads, and when I do I just get all bleh about posting them cos I think they will be uninteresting topics! ;-) 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I try to post 2 reviews per week but I'm starting to run out of reviews for products that I've used that are already in the brand directory.  

I have 12+ product reviews typed up and ready to go, I'm just waiting patiently for the poor (overworked) BR Elves to wade through the neverending product request list and add these to the directory.  
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I usually try to write 2-3 reviews a week, but of course sometimes life does get in the way. Or lately it's been my computer (which I got back fixed and finally behaving again the other day), which means I'll be writing a few reviews over the next few days.

Rajvee2588
221 posts
Everyday I make goal for write to reviews....lol...but didn't work for me. However I get managed recently 2 or 3 reviews per week so that good for me. But some times doesn't work that way.
MareeB
5239 posts
I try to write 2 - 3 per week and am also waiting for a lot of products to be added. The database issues are becoming a little frustrating and deterring me from spending so much time in the forum and reading reviews. It's very slow and I often get kicked off half way through things and then can't be bothered to start over, in case it happens again.

I also miss all the old faces who have moved on, but appreciate the lovely faces that are still here!
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Karen, 

Yes I've noticed a change. Oh I miss old faces. This years been a whirlwind of changes for me. Somehow amongst it all I manage to push out 3 -4 reviews per week. During the comp I did roughly off memory 14 reviews in one week Most Ive ever done hoping that counter would change. 
Emily-jane
314 posts
I have not been able to do reviews lately as my partner has been using his laptop more for work.I find reviews difficult to write on my phone. Normally I like to average 3-4 a week. I have a whole lot of new products to review so hopefully I can get his laptop soon. We are getting closer to 100k now but it does seem to be taking forever.
MrsLissy
301 posts
I just keep taking on more and more and end up losing time for things like BR :( I was off sick  a couple of days this week and did some major catching up and did about 12 reviews in one day. I still have more on my reviews to do list but I ran out of steam after that many. I didn't think I had used many new products but I had.
MrsRosie
214 posts
I try make time to pop in to BR for a catch up even if its just for a few minutes, and find Ill only comment or post if I have something to contribute. Im currently working a fixed term contract for another couple of months which sees me driving an 1hr each way daily and with no coverage in the smoko room Im really loosing pace with anything online, including BR :( So I am here you just may not see me pop up as much. 

I enjoy reading how you all do your reviews, somtimes I feel like I let BR down as I dont seem to clock many up, but I do try my best. I tend to do a heap of reviews together as I find the more I do in a row, I get on a roll which makes it easier to write the review as I have always felt like Ive struggled with wording my reviews.

That number is sure ticking along isnt it.... 98,822 as I write this :)  
Kimrose
1412 posts
I love writing and reading reviews. I also love our forum.  I have noticed a few regular names not being so regular.  I struggle at the weekends because we are usually at our beach place and have no wifi there so I try to do my reviews during the week after work.  There are times when I am really tired and have to give BR a miss, I try not to let this happen too often tho...If I do come up with an interesting forum topic I post it and really look forward to everones replys.
pintsize
1072 posts
Hey lovelies :D
I have been off for a bit with sick littlies (and then myself) and well I have missed it, I have popped on here when I can to check (notifications and articles etc) but time hasn't allowed for much reviewing for what seems like forever but in actual fact is only a week.
I did do a hiss and roar stint at the start of the month and clocked up aound 20 reviews but have fallen flat with what I can review now... one new product to review though so it all counts right :D

I enjoy seeing familiar faces in the forum... even when I can't contribute to conversations I am usually checking in somewhere amongst the site :D

xx
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have some quality reviews on some high to mid range products but waiting for the double points for first review to post. :-p
tannygirl
3392 posts
I do have a goal to reach almost 400 reviews before the next vault. Though earlier this year is it was to reach 300 before the end of January and 350 before the last vault. I do like to write good descriptive reviews so I definitely take my time and write a review that covers the info that I would like to find out if I was researching before buying said beauty product.
Koni
444 posts
I'm like Tannygirl - I set a number of reviews to reach before a particular time because it helps to push me when life gets a little busy.

In the past I've done 2 reviews a day for weeks to reach a particular goal, or 10+ reviews in 1-2 days so it varies with me but I only review when I have the right mindset (i.e. no waffling Koni).

I have less than 10 things left to review so I spend more time reading articles and reviews, adding to my list of things to buy and seeing what all you BR lovelies are up to in the Photowall and Forum :-)
Rezee
1964 posts
I aim for 3 reviews a week. I haven't managed that the last few weeks though as I've just had so much going on. I'm coming up to 350 reviews now which makes me really happy. I'm aiming for 400 by the end of the year, I still have a heap of products left to review so I should be easily able to get there.
When I first joined I got stuck in and pulled everything out I could find on beauty reveiw and had goals to achieve each week, but now I'm just waiting on new thing to be added as I have run out of things to review. I haven't been on beauty review as much as I was gett frustrated with the lag and errors that come up especially after writing then not being posted was just too frustrating this is the second time i tried to write on the forum hopefully it works
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey all, I just saw that a few of you are still experiencing problems with the site - apologies! We thought we'd found all the gremlins and dealt to them. If you do happen to get an error message please screenshot it and send it to [email protected], then we can get the Beauty Boffins to work their magic.

Thank you :) xoxo
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I try to do at least one review a week, normally with a cup of tea on a Saturday morning. I have to be in the mood to do them though as I tend to write long reviews so they take awhile. Sometimes I get on a bit of a roll, like I have today - I've done four! I tend to review at the end of a products life. I don't like having empties hanging around. So being able to get rid of those is usually my motivation. Of course I step things up when there is a vault on the horizon. I can't imagine ever running out of things to review. 

Ive also noticed that the forum is very quiet these days. Some nights it used to be hard to keep on top of all the threads that were happening. I don't comment that much but I am always in the background checking what is going on. 
MrsLissy
301 posts
I got one the other day Kellie! It was a database error but I took a pic of the error screen on my phone and I'll email it through!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I love the BR! but have had such a busy month I feel like I have been so absent from BR and social Media, I try to pop in when I get a minute. My goal is 4-5 reviews a week but at the moment I'm only getting 2 done. After the school holidays I'll be back into the swing of things and will be back on the regular! :) xx
MareeB
5239 posts
I've been doing some today - helping nudge the counter to 99,000 - maybe that will happen tonight, only 16 reviews to go :)
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Lol Maree, did you mean 116? I hope you enjoyed that wine!
Only 94 til 99,000... We can do this! (Although I might have to give up the panning to test out more products)
-Bex-
611 posts
I agree it seems to be taking forever to get there. I'm trying to get a few reviews done I was doing loads at the start of the month but thought I should slow down otherwise I would run out of things to review. 
Macs
5351 posts
Im bad at maths. Normally get my partner to work things out for me. Thank goodness for maths savy ladies here.  We are so close now. I think I had my bet on September. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Yep I did mean 116! I didn't have any wine, but maybe I should have :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I did a few today and yesterday. I think closer to the time of the vault there will be more reviews posted so probably will be close to reaching the big 100k around then. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he I just posted one today for the Schwarzkopf Hair Trial :-)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I confess to have been lazy where it comes to my reviews, I have some half written and not happy enough to post in the collection and I don't want to post a review that is about 10 words or less "I liked it you should buy it smells nice". Even with my lack of good written English skills that is bad.
The vault is getting closer and I feel I need more points for it, so that should motivate a little.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i always think 'if you're not happy with what you're seeing in the forum, start more threads about what you want to talk about' because that's all these are... thoughts in people's heads that get written down and related to online :)

re reviews, after the nightmare of a couple months ago I'm back in my groove and rolling out 2-4 a week (i think, not keeping good track). Unfortunately, stuff I requested ages ago is now online but I didn't write the review at the time so I need to remember or repurchase haha oops.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I used to review very consistently (2-3 products a week) but I have slowed down a huge amount - all my writing energy is being poured into my thesis.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm also waiting for somethings that I've been using to be added to the vault. My reviews are usually a lot of skincare and body care, because I collect more of those and go through them alot quicker. But I'm currently digging through my hair products, masque stash, makeup bag, perfume collection some of those things that aren't my default reviews. 
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I did write 2 product reviews. I am trying to reach 100 reviews in my profile and BR also near to reach 100,000

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!