Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Review Challenge

107 posts, 40 members
Rezee
1964 posts
So since the vault is just over a month away, I thought it would be cool to get some reviews in and get some extra points to spend. Obviously we want to aim for great reviews not just point grabbing ones!
I'm at 214 now, I'm aiming for 230 by vault time. Anyone else up for the challenge? You can set it at whatever you like.
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha my review goal is to pace myself a bit better so i don't find myself without things to review.  I'm at 310...

I do have 3400 ish unused vault points already though lol.

Good idea to set goals but as you point out it's definitely not worth posting things you're not proud of to get points - pretty sure most of the forum girlies are all good in that respect though :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
They come around so fast don't they. I have a few to write before the next vault :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I definitely want to get to 300 before the next vault! I don't know how I'll go with that but is worth trying :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
one every second day kirstyj - easy :)
Julieal
915 posts
You girls are amazing -I am only at about 30 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I only have 43 :)
mallomiss
569 posts
I have so many to do but I'm just struggling to write decent reviews at the moment.
I'll think of a good one at inappropriate times haha like when I'm with a customer or busy with the kids but then when I actually sit down to write them I just go blank!
Hopefully I'll get a few in over the next month.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Get to 50 Amanda! I'll be at 200 soon (12 reviews away...) which I'm pretty proud of, but its also scary - I have/had 200 products!? And I've reviewed them all over the course of a year?! That's even scarier lol
Rezee
1964 posts
You can do it Kirsty!
Mallowmiss, I sort of have that problem and I really like to feel inspired to use a product and reviewed. I have heaps to do but none of the are calling out to me!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Ok Shaz - 50 it is :) I have a few products in reserve for writing when the right moment hits :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
for those getting the BRBB there will be products to review in there too!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh yes Trudijoy! I'm excited for trying new things :) I'm hoping there is nothing in there that I already have. Last time I had already bought the Vaseline spray... although I still haven't actually tried it.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'll aim for 250. I'm running out of things to review. Hope there is another big push to get products loaded again. Even all the bossy ones. I'm sure a huge selection of ladies are waiting on them
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup kirsty the BRBB has hooked me onto things too!  I hadn't ever 'done' my brows before they gave us the BDB pencil and now I always do them haha.

The March BRBB was pretty much the definition of epic, but I know BR will have one-upped themselves this time - they always do x
trudijoy
8375 posts
yes FW totally, that would be good.  And getting Ethique loaded would be awesome too.

jalb88
121 posts
Haha if I could get to 30 reviews I'd be happy! I can't even imagine to getting to 200! ! 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I love this idea, great way to set wee goals for ourselves. I have done 331 reviews at the moment, and I would love to get to 350 before the vault. Fingers crossed
shazatron101
5112 posts
You can do it jalb88! I believe in you! :P
pintsize
1072 posts
I set myself a goal just after the last one and I have just reached it tonight... I have just joined the 200 club!  Yay!
If I can do it amongst all things chaotic then you can to (and I know a few of you have surpassed this milestone aready).

Roll round Monday for the dispatch of the BRBB for more wonderful products to review :)
[happy dance]

xx
Rezee
1964 posts
331 Binary! You are amazing. 300 reviews for me is a very long way away!
trudijoy
8375 posts
woohoo well done pintsize!  Revieweing stuff has given me something positive to focus on over the winter.  The last couple months have been tough on me and it's been great to do something positive :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
You go girl! My goal is always 2 a week because I seem to always be stuck for time in writing them and I don't want to put up a poorly written review. I think it's because I'm like "I better write a review about this item I got rid of because it was a bit meh" but I'm never inspired to write reviews about products that were average. So I'll put it off until I eventually end up just writing a review about something I love to get my 2 in for the week lol.

It's bad I know, people need to know about the mediocre products, and I'll get to them eventually. But yeah, 2 a week is enough for me at the mo!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Awesome work pintsize! I love getting to goals like that.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Haha thanks Rezee, when i read your comment I had to go back and double check that that was the right number
pintsize
1072 posts
Thanks ladies :)
Hopefully one of my other goals can be achieved very soon too.
Set a goal... even a small one and soon you will be on track to bigger ones.
If I overwhelmed myself with too much too soon then I would just stagnate and get nothing achieved.

xx
chikoboo
3402 posts
What a great idea and everyone here who has set themselves a vault deadline goal good luck to you and hope you manage it xx.

I'm at 514 at the moment and 500 was my goal for this vault turn so I'm happy where I am but will just maintain my 3 to 5 reviews a week and might get to 520 by vault day. Have plenty of points if anything peaks my interest though.

It has become a weekly habit to write reviews and I love doing it so just comes naturally would probably be put out if I didn't do it now ????
Macs
5351 posts
Thats a good idea. I'm currently at 268. I've got 7 thousand points. I'm not going to aim for three hundred. I'll just take it as it comes. I review when I'm feeling like it. Might be every day,might every other day or every few days. Just depends on how I feel at the time.
First Lady
957 posts
Look at all you determined ladies :)

Ong - you must be in my head, I'm currently assigning new uploads to the Beauty Elves, so we should see the numbers ticking up over the weekend, if not sooner.

And...I've just seen BR Zoe's list of just some of the goodies on their way to the Beauty Vault.  OH MY WORD it's a good list, so keep your eyes peeled for new additions next week!

xox

pintsize
1072 posts
Ooh yay! Is that why the survey link isn't loading? or is that just my computer?

:)

Edit to say nevermind it's loading now :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Yay, I can't wait to see what else goes in there!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Wahoo! Yay I no 1 thing going in there. That's got me excited
littleparadise
178 posts
I am in total awe of you ladies! 150 reviews, 200, 300, then chikoboo over 500!!!!!!!! 
That is totally amazing, to all of you, and some of you haven't even been here for that long! To constantly keep pumping out top notch reviews, one after the other, and keep up with the forum, and instagram and everything. Hats off to ya! 
I think I've just got over 60 reviews, and I've been here 1 year, so maybe another 12 reviews before the vault? I think its doable :) 
MareeB
5239 posts
Yay! I love the beauty vault - it's introduced me to several products/brands I wouldn't have tried otherwise - I'm soooo grateful to get the opportunity :)
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I just realised how close I am to 100, so I might stop being slack and try and review the things I've made a note of to review and aim for double digits by vault time :) 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I should tidy some up and post, since I have a spreadsheet full.
Macs
5351 posts
I'll be watching the vault constantly now..I have no shame aye , being nosey lol Im looking forward to seeing what the superheroes latest assignment was.
trudijoy
8375 posts
not sure if Kelly has done hers Macs but Ong and I have done ours.... :D
charly
456 posts
Yay, I just saw the pastel hair dye in the vault. Think I have to go platinum so I can get maximum impact for when I get hold of some of that!

I'm at 70 reviews. Bit far off 100 to get there by next vault day!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm at 131 reviews, so I'm aiming for 150 by vault day. I am in the uninspired boat. Lots to review, but the words not flowing onto the page.
trudijoy
8375 posts
it sounds really dumb and I can only do it because i live alone i think, but if I get review writers block i 'do an infomercial' where I talk about the product to myself out loud and just babble.  Ideas flow then crystallise and I can usually get the review happening.

I do the same thing with school reports. . . or I used to !  Done with those now!
Rezee
1964 posts
Yay,  I'm so glad so many of you want to join with me.
trudi, that is funny! I like to plan my reviews in advance and I think about what I'd like to write in the shower, my few moments of peace unless the kids are being incredibly loud.
like over the next couple of weeks, I want to review mac paint pot, natio bronzer, chi chi metallics palette, makeup geek foiled shadows, wet n wild lip stain and the natio lip crayon. There if I write it out, then I have to do it! ;)
sam_clarkson
205 posts
im at only 24 reviews eeeek :(

think I might aim to get to 40 I have  alot of stuff to review lol
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oh yeah one of the new to be added to the vault products is a goodie and I use everyday ;)

Macs
5351 posts
Can't wait to see whats going to be in there. Hope you guys achieve your targets.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I'm close to 100 & there are a few things I have to review. I just kind of want number 100 to be something special... if only I knew what though... maybe something in the BRBB will make it?! Can I hold off that long?? probably.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Not long now Karen, boxes due out on Monday...eeekkkk!!! =)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yay ksjc_nzI think it feels so good to hit a milestone when reveiwing so hope you make it to your 100th review
I'll be on the road working during the next vault. Hopefully get to have a go at the one after that with more points in hand. One review off 40 and last time I counted there was 80 things on my "products to review" list. No doubt there'll be even more with the BRBB, going to be a lot of catching up to do.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Karen I like the big number reviews to be special products too :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!