Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Referring Friends

8 posts, 6 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey BR Lovelies, just a quick question. I referred someone last week but it hasn't updated on my profile page. Just wondering how often do you update profiles etc? Not complaining, just curious lol xxx Thanks heaps x
MareeB
5241 posts
Hmm, the last two people I referred tried using the link but got kicked off so went through the main page which doesn't connect to my profile. Is what it is!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I had two friends sign up last year via my referral link code (which I'd emailed to them) and neither of their accounts showed up as points in my profile.  They were both here, at my house when they signed up, as they both wanted to make sure they did it right and to have me on hand to help with anything if need be.  I contacted BR, sent an email through with all their details, email addresses, etc and still nothing, so as Maree says, it is what it is.

Unfortunately, I now stick to getting my points from comments and product reviews that I do on the site, and sadly don't bother trying to get anyone to sign up anymore, as there's no benefit for me for doing that.
Kimrose
1416 posts
I have referred lots of friends however I have only received points for 3.  A few of them have said the link didnt seem to work though, they just went to the actual page and joined through there.  I dont think its a big deal, as long as they enjoy their time while they are here.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Morning,

We've been looking into the friend referral for the last day - we've run tests from our end and it's definitely working. 

For the points to be allocated the person signing up has to upload a picture and fully fill in their profile.

We had planned to increase the points in the last upgrade but it wasn't implemented. We will ensure this is implemented in a future upgrade.

Because of this referral points have remained the same - 25 points for a friend under 35 and 40 for a friend over 35. We will amend the faq to show this.

As always if you have questions rather than to ask on the forum where it can be missed please email [email protected]. If you do email us and haven't heard back then do email again - things have been known not to turn up. 

Head Pixie
569 posts
Also, check out the photowall - Nat's posted an image showing that the points are allocated automatically.

First Lady
957 posts
Just to add, if you check the Photowall you'll see the points process.

So we used Kellie's old account to refer her friend Testnatalietest.

Testnatalietest follows Kellie's link and registers.  She then uploads a profile pic (earning her 25 points) and as soon as she fully updates her profile Kellie's points are automatically awarded.

Its completely automated, so if the link isn't followed, the referred doesn't register in that session or they don't upload a photo/fully update their profile, referral points won't be given and we can't track that referral.

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks BR lovelies, that makes sense. The person I referred clicked on the referral link because I was sat right next to her but not sure if she uploaded a picture at that time (I think she was looking for pictures on her Facebook but we got distracted looking at baby photos of the kids ha ha ha).Will remind her to update her profile he he he xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!