Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Rather Late....But What Were Your Beauty Investments of 2015 and What Do You Wish You Didn't Buy?

12 posts, 9 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I was thinking it's been over a year since I bought my Forea Luna and I've been using it every day. Besides my laptop it was probably the most expensive gadget I own, but I use it everyday and so I think of it as money well-spent. 

Other beauty investments are:

-The KVD Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette and matching brush 

Fantastic neutral all matte palette that I can use everyday and the quality and stayability of the eye shadows is fantastic.

- The Hourglass Ambient Edit

A nice compact palette with powders, blushes, bronzer and a highlighter, not too much sheen to classify as evening makeup but gorgeous for a date. Suitable for when I have more oily skin during the summer and gives me a nice glow during the winter.

- Eye of Horus Goddess Pencils 

I do have oily eyelids and everything on me tends to smudge or crease after awhile but these do hold out for a bit longer than other brands and if I'm using that neutral KVD palette these add a pop of color.

- Perfume Minis

I now can wear more than just one or two scents and without having to commit to a huge bottle and price tag. 

- Coffee Body Scrub 

I used it once  and I was hooked after that. I do naturally have fairly soft, smooth skin (it does come with it's downside which is that it's sensitive and I have red itchy, spots after every shower, even if I use a mild soap). But it's not often my partner would actually notice a difference and he never did till I tried Bossy. I am also trying out other brands but so far Bossy's my fave.

- Garnier Miscellar Water

It's not just me that likes that, my family does and one of those big bottles last ages. 

- Oil Cleansers

First tried the Bossy One, then the Tailor one and now I have the Jojoba company one and the Body Shop one to try. But oil cleansers are here to stay in my bathroom cupboard. 

And as far as purchase regrets, nothing that I paid big bucks for comes to mind. I do alot of roaks so if a product didn't work for me it generally was given to someone who wanted to give it a happy home.

So what were your fave beauty investments of last year and beauty purchase regrets?

RamblingRose
1280 posts
Regrets:

* Mr Bean Coffee Body Scrub 
* L'Oreal Micellar Water 
* Maybelline Volume Express Falsies Flared mascara 

Near miss:

* Trilogy Be Gone Cleansing Balm 

Love, love, love:

* The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub 
* Lipidol Cleansing Oil 
* Oasis Beauty The Monroe (Medium) BB Cream 
* Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Lotion 

Investment:

* Real Techniques Brush Set

Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Four things I am so glad I purchased were My jeffree star lip scrub, IT cosmetics bye bye under eye, Too Faced Born this way foundation anddddd my Too Faced bronzer pink Leopard. I don't really have any regrets for 2015 as It was late 2015 I really got into purchasing makeup. 2016 on the other hand hahahaha.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh I forgot to add liquid eyeliner pens/markers. I've only used the Physician's Formula Eye Boosting 2-in-1 eyeliner and I've repurchased it. I do have a few more eyeliners thanks to the Beauty Box and I bought the EOH one. I started doing winged liquid liner and I love the look even though it's the most difficult part of my makeup to get right. I hope I can master it to where it's easy to do and doesn't need a lot of fixing up.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh and liquid lipsticks and the lip stain I have. I don't wear them all the time but I do love how they look good for much longer than my tube lipsticks. I haven't mastered applying them super well so I don't reach for them as often but when I do a full face I do like to wear the gorgeous reds I have.
Rezee
1964 posts
I think I've bought way too much this year cause I honestly don't know what I bought last year. I usually try to pass on or sell regrets pretty quickly. I can't think of any amazing standouts though either.if anyone asks for this year,  a standout is getting into lush poducts. Although that could also be a regret haha.
Macs
5351 posts
This years investments were Real Techniques Brush Sets, Too Faced Chocolate Bar, Smashbox Double Exposure and Lush. Ecoya candles bit of a disappointing buy they weren't as good as what I thought they would be. 
Koni
444 posts
2015 loves
1.Natasha Denona Glowing Skin System
2.Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

2015 regrets
1.Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronzer/Highlight
2.Hourglass Veil Foundation and Primer
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Seriously Koni, If you love something I know I need to have it (Soft core beauty stalker here). Although I will admit, I did love that CT palette which you regretted purchasing.

My best purchase of the year was the Benefit Cheekathon Palette - I got 5 powders for the price of 2 with a brush as well! I've been using the hoola bronzer regularly and love the blush shades too!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I have no idea. Probably MAC groundwork though!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh and I forgot to add my EOH Ultimate Brow Define in Nile. I tried it and I was hooked. I panned through it in a matter of months. I ran out recently and repurchased it and found another one for sale too. I do have the Brow Perfect but since the eye brow gel is so little and the pencil isn't as good for drawing on eyebrow hairs like the Ultimate one I save it for when I need my brows looking extra good.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!