Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

24 posts, 15 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Just noticed on the BR FB page that it's Random Act of Kindness Week and I'm super intrigued as to how this is going to play out!!

RAOK's are such a great way to do something nice for someone that -in turn - lifts your own spirits :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Ooh I've just packed up a TM package with a extra brand new thing. I'll be doing this all week.

I used to send out heaps of ROAKS now I just carefully select who gets them now. Last one was a Lewis Road chocolate milk & Kahlua cake delivered with whipped cream.

It's such a nice feeling doing small things.
trudijoy
8375 posts
aww i got RAOK'd from Bossy Cosmetics! Wee parcel in the post this morning!! Stephanie is such a sweetheart <3
Artemis
311 posts
OMG, lucky you Trudi! :) Bossy are fantastic, love them
trudijoy
8375 posts
Artemis I'm feeling very spoiled! She sent me a product I mentioned I wanted to try and an extra of one I bought a couple weeks ago <3 So lovely of her!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I used to do alot of RAOK but have been busy of late that I just haven't done as many as I would like too.  However I do have a box full of items that need new homes that are brand new unopened so I really should get back into the swing of things.  I love helping others not just during a week dedicated to it but throughout the year whenever I see someone needs a pick me up. 
Macs
5351 posts
I would be interested to see how BR does the Random Acts of Kindness. I sent a few out this year and I would like to do more in the future.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Just say BR's RAOK, such as lovely thing to do. Not sure what I'll do for someone since I'm stuck at home with a cold.
Ringy
825 posts
i just randomly do RAOK - don't need a special week to do it- i don't think it matters terribly much if you just do it when you are feeling better itscrystalclear. It's the thought that counts. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I feel like I haven't done a RAOK in ages! Must think of something soon, I always like doing something nice for people around Christmas time. It can be such a hard time for some people.
Lutece
1849 posts
This is so neat, ROAK are such great things that warm hearts, not just the ones we give to but ours as well :)

I saw BRs post on instagram about their ROAK which is so sweet of them! Bless you guys Beauty review!

I try to do them as often as I can, I did one on the weekend, we went to see my grandparents and I have an aunty that has been struggling financially, so I surprised her with a weeks worth of groceries, she has 4 children and the smile on her face was priceless! I will cherish that moment forever <3

mallomiss
569 posts
Aww so lovely & so many lovely women here xx
MareeB
5239 posts
Not to be a wet blanket, but I'm feeling a bit pushed around and bullied by people at the moment, so I'm not inclined to do anything for anyone. Well, maybe a stranger, but certainly not anyone I'm acquainted with!
Macs
5351 posts
Thats so nice of you Tess. Hope things improve for you Maree
MareeB
5239 posts
Thanks Macs. Things are cool, but just some of my family and friends are annoying me with their constant selfishness. I'll just boot them out of my life - I don't need them.
Macs
5351 posts
I had a similar experience over the past two years. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
This is kinda related but a little off topic, does BR do secret santa? It would be so cool to have a makeup or just general one.
Rezee
1964 posts
A br secret santa was brought up a little while ago, but it would be hard for br to make sure it worked especially if some people didn't send etc. Have you thought about doing one with friends?  I'm a part of one on fb and it's been fun choosing a gift.I love raok, it's such a special thing to do for someone. I try to teach my children, that even something  small you do to help someone,  could have a huge impact on them. Plus you have the added bonus of feelinggood about yourself too.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I've been trying hard all week with this. Done extras where possible.
The best one was today. It was free! Yesterday I had amazing customer service from a hair dresser. I added the company into the salon section here. Then today I called in to see the manager or owner to tell her how amazing her lady was. Then I told her I've added them in here so all of NZ could see how amazing they were.

Then as I left there, there was a lady sitting outside a store in a wheel chair waving towards the shop. I stopped to see if there was anything I could do. Turned into a 5 minutes wee job but she was so thankful.

Free ROAKS are just as good as the ones that cost
Macs
5351 posts
That sounds lovely Farmers wife. I can't wait to see your new haircut.
Artemis
311 posts
Aww farmers wife, that was very sweet! It always means a lot when people give your boss nice feedback, I bet she was grateful. 
Ngahew
152 posts
I do secret RAOK, I live doing that! Although when someone done that to me, I freaked out so much on FB, thinking I had a stalker so the sender had to own up hehe
Ngahew
152 posts
*love!!!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Awhile back like last week. I was approached by an elderly couple visiting New Zealand for help to locate their rental car and had to help the husband walk as his legs were stiff and giving out and the wife wasn't much better and had alzhimers. I was sent on a wild goose chase to get in contact with their daughter but she didn't live at the address they gave me. Anyways found their car and called the police to help out and inquire to where they would be staying. Didn't cost me money but it was a long walk to try to find their daughter's house.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!