Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Queens Birthday

33 posts, 19 members
Macs
5351 posts
What did you all get up to? Did you buy anything? It was a sale chasing weekend . Mainly homeware related items and workout wear. Was tempted to buy Katy Perry Mad Love but walked past it. Went to my aunties birthday lunch yesterday. I'm about to take the kids for a swim. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
did a badly needed wardrobe revamp in a few places (Zara, H&M, Dotti, Glassons etc) and got new jeans, work pants, tops, and jerseys.. LOVING the current exposed shoulder jersey trend. Also bought some nice ingredients seeing as I'm actually home long enough to be able to plan and cook meals. Actually got no beauty products except for Lush Cup of Coffee Mask.

I still need boots and maybe another work skirt but that should do me for the winter now, except I'll also buy stuff in Aussie in a month :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
also had three badly needed sleep ins, and went for brunch on the Akl waterfront with Mum. Was in Hamilton to finish the week off last week so nice to have time at home.
trudijoy
8375 posts
currently stuck at home waiting for yet another trademe muppet who can't come at the agreed on time.

What is WRONG with people, like, seriously?
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I bought a couple of new exercise bras at Farmers. Actually the recent BR bra article came at just the right time, since I hadn't bought bras for a couple of years. To be fair though I did take really good care of the three I had in rotation. If you are in Christchurch and plan to buy bras at Farmers I would recommend the one in Northlands mall as the staff there have consistently given me the best fit out of the other Farmers stores I have visited.

k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm a mum of a basketball player so all weekend was spent out Takanini driving there from North shore has been a breeze this holiday period. Although yesterday my children's great grandmother passed away so we'll be traveling to Hastings tomorrow. Another day spent in a car full with 5 kids. Someone pray a serenity prayer for me. But seriously I enjoy going to basketball games especially, the rep games they're so much fun & I can cheer (yell) to my hearts (mouths') delight.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Not many purchases for me this long weekend. I dropped my phone the other week and the screen shattered so I got a new S6. Looking forward to that arriving. Went over to my mates for the weekend so just got home. Miserable day here so movies and munchies for me now :-)
MareeB
5244 posts
I bought a BBBE on Friday but nothing else. Yay!  trying to save for other things so any day without spending is a good day right now :) I hope everyone had a great weekend - the extra sleep was very welcome.
Julieal
915 posts
I spent 2 days shopping for birthday presents ( kids) and could not find any clothes with a big of wow factor for presents and came home really disappointed. There doesn't seem to be really cool kids clothes in NZ at present so really disappointing !!
Macs
5351 posts
I love clothes shopping Trudi especially for jeans. My partners addicted to trade me , we did a pick up with the seller doing a no show lol . I've had many time wasters. Successfully sold lots of my make up through trade me.

Sorry to hear that about your children's great grandmother passing away Keri. 

I need a good sports bra for all my training I'm doing. I definately want to check out that Bra factory in Drury Shaz had mentioned. Hoping they do a $20 and under sale again il head out there.

I got the Gamble box too Maree. I need a no spend .I look forward to watching out for my post man. Also my Mac Pro Longwear foundation will be coming in the mail. Finish my trial reviews this week.

I agree Juliel. I try to find different clothes for my daughter to wear. She's really fussy with clothes too doesn't help lol 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Is a weekend complete without any shopping? I was stuck at home but bought a pair of earrings online, and also got a korean cushion foundation on trademe. I too had awesome sleepins and got up at around 11 every day. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Saturday I was at a friends helping her bake thangs/make dumplings and I was supposed to stay for dinner but dinnertime came and went and her other guests didn't show for another few hours so I left, plus the wonderful Red Woman is visiting and well I've had enough of her already!

Sunday I went out with the same friend and her sisters, had Starbucks, tried out Sushi Ninja and bought some hairdye >:D now my roots have been done and I got some mermaid goin' on :D 

Today my mumma was back from her holiday in the USA and I bought my own present (scentsy bars :D :D :D ) and I got 5 weeks worth of "gifts" aka reciepts and zoo maps and train tickets and hotel shampoos. But to be fair she got me The Walking Dead merch so I stoked anyway haha. 

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend :D 
Macs
5351 posts
Sounded like a cool weekend. I love the long weekend. It confuses my kids. They think tuesday is monday. Have to keep reminding them
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
We spent it at home most of the time.

On Saturday we went and did my Son's birthday shopping, he's 10 in July! I can't believe it hahaha. It was resonably easy as I had him write a list of his top 10 most wanted items. Although he never got it down on paper he managed to tell me and drop hint's haha.

I managed to pick up a dress that will be used for an up coming event, so thankful for the sales haha

Other than that I was pretty good! :)
Beauty88
29 posts
Same! always spent it at home
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I spend most of the weekend working, so that kept me from spending too much money :p I did quickly buy a couple of beauty products though.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I took advantage of free shipping and repurchased a staple I had run out of and it saved me having to do a big order for free shipping.
DanaPeriam
17 posts
My partners birthday was the monday so spent it with him and friends! I also spent far too much money shopping also, its cold so I needed more winter clothes and I went a bit crazy! 
Koni
444 posts
I just bought L'Occitane shampoo and conditioner that I've been wanting since I tried the samples. It only cost me $9.40 thanks to my rewards points which got me $50 off - lucky because I'm not trying to pamper dead hair like that!
MareeB
5244 posts
Woah - that's a huge discount Koni!!!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
The only exciting part of the long weekend was dyeing my hair ha ha ha.  Saturday night hubby had a few too many to drink and had to rescue him from town after the rugby, picked up my little boy who was sore from his plates so were nursing both of them.  Sunday was spent washing and looking after sick hubby, this time from a sore back.  Monday was spent washing (again, like seriously where does all this washing come from lol) and then bringing work home.  So sadly not an exciting weekend, didn't spend a cent either apart from fidget spinners for the kids lol.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Wow Koni that's incredible! How long did it take to get that many reward points? I hardly ever purchase from L'occitane so I've no idea how their reward system works.
Macs
5351 posts
That's a mean deal Koni. I've been in there too to try everything and it's lovely. 

Oh I have lots of washing! My machine finally died. Im just waiting for mine to be shipped meanwhile I'll have to go laundromat tommorow.  

Haha glad I'm not the only one constantly doing laundry!

Didn't purchase anything over the weekend, but I just ordered myself Ezibuy jeans.  Cross fingers they fit!!
Koni
444 posts
I seriously felt like I won the lottery with my purchase haha.

You get one point for every dollar you spend instore including sale items. The loyalty program unfortunately doesn't apply to online purchases which is a bummer for those that can't make it to the store (the variety is better instore by a mile). Once you reach 500 points you get $50 off.  The points expire after a year. It took me 7 months to get 500 points and that was mainly made up of gift sets on sale.
tannygirl
3392 posts
That is a really, really good deal Koni.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm single and i live alone and feel like *I'm* constantly doing laundry, so I have no idea how people with families manage it lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh and i usually HATE jeans shopping Macs haha. I don't mind most things but jeans and togs are painful.

I ended up getting a pair of jeans in postie plus and i'm so in love with them right now. I got blue ones and black ones (can get away with black jeans for work most places I need to be seen in public :D ) for $58. Had to go up a size with the black bc they don't really stretch but the blue ones are stretchy but firm and they are comfy and flattering <3
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
ha ha ha yeah the washing pile is a never ending battle in this house, just did another massive load again.  I've come to the realisation that they just have too much clothes and probably need to have a sort out as they have too many options to choose from.  My little girl is a shocker, she'll wear an outfit for like an hour or two and then change again and in the washing pile it goes.  I'm like seriously lol.
MissQT
1547 posts
I was sick all weekend so pretty much spent the whole time in bed :( was good to just sleep and do nothing though.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Aw I hope you are feeling much better now Miss QT!  I spent my Queens birthday weekend unpacking sooooo much (too much) stuff.  We moved to our new farm job at the change of the season and my oh my we have far too much stuff and a slightly smaller house urgh!  BUT it was a good weekend also cause we got to find out the sex of my husband's first grandbaby.  So yes I am going a very young step meemaw yuusss.  Sooooo excited!!!
kirstyj
1732 posts
If only every weekend was three days.... could so go for another one!
MareeB
5244 posts
That's a great idea Kirsty, I'd be up for that!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!