Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Purchasing from the Sephora NZ website

46 posts, 27 members
ashiley
20 posts
Hi everyone!

Was just wondering if anyone here has had any issues with buying from the Sephora NZ website?

I purchased the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette a week ago (16/05) and my order is still "In Process" even though I paid straight away. I paid extra for fast shipping which is meant to take 3-6 business days to arrive, so I'm pretty annoyed that it doesn't appear to have even been shipped yet! 

I have heard mixed reviews from other people about purchasing from Sephora NZ. Some have had no issues, while others have experienced all sorts of problems. I have also heard that they have awful customer service, so I'm unsure at what point I should email them to see what's up.

I would be interested to hear anyone else's thoughts on Sephora NZ - both good and bad!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Hi! :)

It ducks that you've paid for the fast shipping and the haven't delivered, definitely email them with your complaints and concerns.

I've had a couple of orders with Sephora with no issues. One order was infact during the time social media was in an up roar over packages not been sent out or turning up.

I hope customer service can help you out!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have only purchased from Sephora NZ once and my parcel took ages to arrive. Actually, my friend who ordered the same item 2 weeks after me, received hers 4 days before mine. It seems to be quite inconsistent.
ashiley
20 posts
Thanks for your advice. They definitely seem to have a problem with consistency! I have just sent them a message, so we'll see what becomes of that.

This type of thing does put me off wanting to make any future orders with them, so I hope it gets sorted quickly. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
HI I've ordered thru the website a few times and as mentioned prior the delivery times are inconsistent. I do know they use to ship from Singapore but now it's being dispatched frim NSW Australia. So you'd think that'd make it less wait time. I know since the dispatch changes the postage has been quicker, roughly 5 days give or take but I've never paid for fast shipping. Their customer service is slow but they do reply to any queries I've asked many questions and habe had each question answered not immediately but that would be perfect. Hope you find some closure to this extended wait on your valued item.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I did some orders with Sephora.nz when they had free shipping if you spent over a $1. I did some big orders and I got free premium shipping it took about 3-4 business days to get to me, like I received before the status of my order changed on the site. The regular shipping took about two weeks.  
    I did contact them and the customer service team about a couple of issues, namely the rewards that were supposed be there when I reached white and black status not showing up. But I found out with Sephora you have to place an order when you reach a certain status in order to activate the rewards that you should have gotten when you signed up. So that was what I was e-mailing the customer service team about, although I found that the rewards would show up before they would get back to me. 
Macs
5351 posts
Far out that's pretty long wait aye. Good to know ladies. Never made an order from there before. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I personally haven't but my friend has and she's complained about hers taking ages too. I think it could also be if they had that item in stock at different warehouses or if it had to be shipped over from somewhere else, so some orders would take longer than others. That's a bummer though!
JessB
219 posts
I've made two orders in the past from the site, the first arrived without a hitch, the second arrived missing a gift item (which was pretty much why I made the purchase). I emailed the customer service team but NEVER heard back, which really really frustrates me.
ashiley
20 posts
That's terrible Jess! So did you ever receive your missing item or a refund?

One of the reasons I ordered from Sephora was because I heard that they were now shipping from Australia instead of Singapore. I hoped this meant that their service had improved, but I guess not.

Still haven't had a reply from them, though I only sent the message late last night. Will update you all if they contact me. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Interestingly as we're discussing this they're having 20% off for Gold and Black members sitewide and 15% off for White members. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have and I hated it, and I opened a PayPal dispute with them to get my money back for my missing mascara. Their CS was awesome once I got a hold of them, and I think it was because of the dispute that they actually replied as quick as they did. However, I personally wouldn't buy from there again!
ashiley
20 posts
Just received a reply from Sephora. Pretty disappointed with it as it doesn't address any of the questions I asked, such as when it will be shipped and when I should expect to receive my package. The reply said...

Hi Ashiley,

Thank you for contacting Sephora.

We are sorry for the delay. We are working hard to get back to everyone as soon as soon as possible.
I have thus notified our warehouse on this matter.

We sincerely apologize for the delay.

Sincerely,

Rizabel.
Koni
444 posts
I would be left feeling disappointed too with such a generic and uninformative response. You ordered this prior to the sale that's on right now so there's a backlog of queries/orders from back then? I hope you get your parcel soon!! I've ordered from them a number of times and the delivery times have been inconsistent but it doesn't bother me too much because I always flag overseas parcels as taking forever. However if I paid for express shipping I would be stalking that parcel right from the get-go!
sassyweechick
14 posts
I've had a terrible experience with them and I won't be purchasing again.
After reacting badly to a mascara, I was asked to send back the product and I'd get a refund.
That was 3 weeks ago. Despite me following their processes, they've lost the mascara, refuse to help me further, they refuse to process a refund without the product (despite the fact they provided me with a tracking number that clearly shows the product leaving my home and arriving at their warehouse) so I'm now $50 out of pocket AND without the mascara.

Purchase at your own discretion. 
MareeB
5239 posts
That sounds terrible. And is off-putting.
shazatron101
5112 posts
If you paid through paypal open up a dispute, that'll sort them out!
Macs
5351 posts
Oh no that’s terrible. They need to make it right. I haven’t purchased from them yet. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   That really sucks. I had a smaller issue earlier this year when I bought plenty from them and the points from a couple of my orders hadn't been credited to my account but then I chatting customer service and they fixed it for me.
thirtywinks
60 posts
I was about to order last week but got busy. I hope your order gets sorted out soon!

On a separate note, I was browsing through the app last week and saw the Kat Von D Lock-it Liquid Foundation with a price of $1,000! I'm pretty sure that's wrong and thought it was odd that they'd make a mistake like this.
rachelgm
12 posts
I haven't ordered off Sephora since it first launched in NZ, it was all going smoothly since then but I have heard sooo many mixed things for probably the past year! Lots of people saying the shipping times are crazy, some people just getting refunds because they can't supply the stock, heaps of weird stuff! I dunno if I would take the risk anymore, but it's so tempting knowing only certain brands can be bought from them :(
Macs
5351 posts
I’m contemplating an order . Maybe not a good idea. Anyone ordered recently 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I have orderedd with them a fair bit every few months I end up buying from them when they have sales. Other than the initial problems I had a couple years back I've found things to be quite smooth with them. They are  slow on restocking some items but overall no issues with orders.

I did have a problem with points earlier this year but I chatted them and they fixed the issue within a couple of days.
Imoshen
461 posts
I put an order in at the beginning of October on a Friday morning.  It was delivered on Tuesday and I received several notifications of updates on where it is including a link where I could have it redirected, attach a note for the courier on where to leave the parcel or suggest another delivery date.

Highly impressed. 

It also came from Australia.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i shopped the heck out of two Sephora stores in Hawaii in April so haven't bought online since my bday in Feb, but I've never had an issue with them other than that they often have things not in stock.

Legit can't wait for the first physical store to open in NZ next year!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I think they're just starting to add some of the Christmas releases. I have my eye on a few but I'm trying to hold off purchasing till they bring out better deals and more GWP items.
Kimrose
1412 posts
I have ordered from Sephora heaps of times and never had an issue. Always delivered in a timely manner and always correct. I will order from them again.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've not ordered from them. The stock seems quite limited and the prices not that great either. Once they finally open actual stores here though, I'm sure it will be a different story. Lol. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    They do have some nice deluxe minis at the checkout that you can add to your order depending on how much you spend. I've had my eye on Becca's Champagne Pop highlighter for months and they finally brought out a reasonably priced set with a mini of it in there. So I did an order last night before it sells out. 
Macs
5351 posts
Thanks for the update ladies. Can’t wait for a store to open . There’s heaps of things I’d love to try from them . 
Unimpressed
1 posts
Hi everyone, I dropped by to give my feedback regarding Sephora NZ's online orders. 

I made a purchase recently during their mid-year sale and it took me a few days to make a decision on what to purchase. I had a selection of products sitting in my cart and in this time, a few products went out of stock and a couple, including a free sample, went out of stock but were made available again.
I didn't think much of this, believing them to have restocked their products, as stores do. 
I made my purchase, received an invoice and received my purchase 6 days later, only to find 2 products out of 7 missing, plus a free sample. 
The delivery document matched the contents but no comments were made about the missing product. No emails were also received regarding the missing product, however, 10 emails were received, plus several texts, to update me on the status of my delivery. 
I got in touch with Sephora and received a response 3 days after, informing me that the missing products were out of stock and that I would be receiving an email regarding a refund within 10 working days. 
I find that slightly ridiculous and concerning, given that they are a large, well-known brand who have an established online sales presence, they should not need 10 working days to send an email to respond to a refund where it should, 1, not have been made available for sale in the first instance, 2, have been mentioned in the delivery document, 3, have been notified as soon as the order was processed and 4, a refund should not have to take more than 10 days. They should be doing a better job with the experience and brand they have. 
I sent a reply to let them know of my concerns, mainly how there was no information sent to the customer although payment had been made and they responded in 4 days, offering their sincere apologies. 
I still haven't received a refund and the missing products that are out of stock are still available for sale on their site. 
I hope this post helps someone make a decision if they were wondering whether to make a purchase from Sephora, but, if you wanted my personal opionion based on experience, ((personal opinion to follow, read at your own risk) I'd stay far, FAR away from Sephora NZ as it might as well be a con site) I would recommend shopping anywhere else. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I did have some problems with Sephora at the start of this year when I did an order and the item wasn't in stock. They did eventually give me a code that was the full cost of the missing item to use when it came back in stock but somehow when I went to edit items and then checkout it must have removed the code so I ended paying for it again and since I didn't have anything I wanted from them for awhile I preferred a refund. I finally had to keep in contact with them and after a few weeks the refund showed up. I used Paypal so that also probably slowed down the process.

I have also found that when there's big sales getting refunds and issues solved and your order in certain timeframes just takes longer. I would suggest trying to get a code for the full price of the missing product first, unless it's limited edition and don't go back and edit your cart as then it'll probably work. Getting refund codes is alot quicker then getting a refund processed and it showing up in your bank. 
Helibabi
101 posts
A friend and I had huge problems shopping with them a few months ago.. there’s a fb page dedicated to their screw ups even. My friend and I actually ended up having to make comments on their fb page also to even get in contact with them plus they also deleted comments and lied about refunds etc. 
keep persisitng and you’ll get there but I won’t actually be shopping online again sadly. 
Macs
5351 posts
I’m tempted by their recent sale . If I read this thread enough it should put a stop to it lol 

I’m so glad I had a smooth first experience. Kinda scared now though . 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I just got my order from Sephora.nz.  Everything was there and I didn't have any issues thankfully. I ordered the Chloe's Brow Wardrobe by Benefit. I had my eye on it for months and then it finally went on sale came to about 10 bucks per item. Really wanted to try the Gimme Brow and Fool Proof brows, I think the only thing in there that I might not use is the brow pomade because I'm not really into pomades since luckily I'm blessed with decent brows. 
Siobhanb
1 posts
Personally I’ve had the worst shopping experiences with SephoraNZ. This year alone I’ve had orders cancelled without warning or any notification of cancellation, the only way I noticed was by checking my order status in the app. and they’ve charged my card but didn’t get refund for the hundreds of dollars they took for months, I had to basically hound them to refund me and send in credit card statements with the charges. I had another order where an item couldn’t be supplied but they didn’t tell me, again no notification. I received the order (took weeks) and then so disappointed because the item I’d really wanted was missing. Customer support are hopeless. I said I’d wait for the item to return to stock and they can resend it, I’d used 300 of my points to claim a discount on it and didn’t want to just waste them but SephoraNZ wouldn’t listen and refunded me, then low behold the item comes into stock again less than week later, useless company. Now I just bought the Natasha Denona 28 pan on sale, again received my order in the mail but the palette was missing and not on the packing slip this time. I go back to check my order, but order says it’s completed. Message customer service and conviently it’s out of stock. I ask why when it was in stock when I placed my order so my palette should have been reserved, they say they have stock discrepancies with the site and warehouse, I ask... why I can’t wait for it to come into stock and they can just send me one (obviously I want to reserve myself the $100 discount) but they say they don’t know when it will come into stock. Bull, I’ll bet you it’s in stock soon as sale is done. Why they put it on sale when they don’t want to sell it at that price aye. It never said low stock when I placed my order in the first morning of the sale, it didn’t go out of stock until two days after I placed my purchase, the site tells you when stock is low right, they consider low at 5 units, so what, does that mean their warehouse has made off with 5 units. After the first time this happened they emailed me weeks later to say their stock issues were resolved and this wouldn’t happen in future, utter lies it seems. I say, from all the horrible experiences I’ve had with the site this year, if you can get the same thing from cultbeauty, Beautylish, beautybay or Mecca, do so and save yourself the potential frustration. So far over 80% of my orders have been riddled with issues and they’re barely apologetic about it. 
mkltsullivan
85 posts
I ordered first time about 2 weeks ago, shipping took a week and when I opened the box was hit with a musty mouldy smell. I almost threw up. Let them know and barely got a sorry, not too keen to order from them again(the product was perfect it was just the box that was vile)
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've not considered purchasing from Sephora nz online but I've read a lot of this thread definitely makes me not  want to buy in future either. I think I'd rather go in store. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Such a shame reading all this feedback as I was keen to order from them. But I'm definitely going to avoid purchasing until they sort out their issues first.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’ve never  had an issue with Sephora delivery, my main issue is that the online store is usually out of stock. hopefully opening  in NZ will fix that
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Hymm... Sounds like Sephora needs to employ a Quality control team for online marketing hahahaha =D
MareeB
5239 posts
That's a very good idea SmileyPisces!
shazatron101
5112 posts
have tried it and never will again. when i had issues the only reason they fixed my problem was because i opened a dispute with paypal (who i will always pay through now if i can!) and demanded a full refund until they pulled finger and answered my emails about missing products. 

i'm in agreement though, hopefully opening a store here will fix their issues!
CatVonDeer
1 posts
Ugh. Worst online shopping experience I've had.Made an order during a sale. It takes 11 days before I'm updated that the item has shipped, with tracking, despite it being 'in transit' for the past 5 days.
Two hours later - I get an email saying my order is being returned to sender.
I email customer service, asking for an explanation. I get none, but I'm told that they can offer a refund. I tell them I don't want a refund, I want my items and an explanation.
They respond saying they cannot send replacements as my items aren't available. But they sure can offer me a refund. Nothing about WHY the shipping took so long or was returned to sender.
At this point, it's clear I'm getting nowhere, so I call to speak to a human. Again, I'm told that I can have a refund, but my items can't be sent out. Sorry about it. I ask if they can just, send the items that are available to me, and refund me on the ones that aren't. The rep tells me she has to talk to 'the team', which I suspect is a couple people drinking coffee and browsing Reddit, and will email me later. Fine.
Get the email. Unfortunately the items I purchased aren't available, but I can have a refund. There's a 15% coupon and 100 points in there too. I tell her that the coupon isn't valuable to me, as even if I were to repurchase my order, I would be paying more since they were on sale. Again, I say - just send what's available and refund what isn't. Surely that can't be so hard.
I'm told they can't do anything and have filed a refund.
I tell them, very well, but they can keep their voucher and points and go ahead and close my account, as I won't be doing business with them again.
Here's to hoping the refund isn't going to take 15 days to process.What a giant waste of time. Huge pain in the ass.
Acroft
1 posts
Shopped at Sephora and my reward disappeared at checkout. I had spent more on purchase to qualify for this. Apparently
this happens regularly. No customer service no product sent in good faith. I got a voucher after 30 odd emails for a gift on my next purchase. NEXT PURCHASE???!!! there won't be a next time....STAY AWAY FROM SEPHORA not worth the hassle and bungling fools they call customer service. They are fine when everything is going well....but have an issue with your purchase and yeesh!!!
Kimrose
1412 posts
Oh my! I have ordered from Sephora quite a few times, always when they are having a sale and I have never had a problem.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!