Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Probably mostly NBR... The most empowering things you can say to people...

19 posts, 13 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Because empowering each other is important (because my day was a lil tough and spreading happiest cheers me up)

- you are doing a good job
- you are good at that
- that suits you
- I respect you
- you deserve that
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Someone telling me they're proud of me is honestly the most uplifting thing I can hear from anyone. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Aw, Trudi I hope it gets better!

I love the idea of empowering others.

I think another one is ... "I can tell you worked very hard to get that/there"
I'm sick of people telling others that they are lucky when really the reason they have that luck is because they worked extremely hard.
-Bex-
611 posts
Great thread Trudi i love happy threads. For me its "im proud of you" nearly every time my partner says that i cry.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Kirsty that's a great one. I have been tall poppied a lot so that always means heaps.

Thanks xx I IG'd it but not talking about it in here xx
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Hope you feel better soon Trudi, it sucks when ppl are like that and it's because they are jealous of your success. It's sure about hard work and not 'luck'. x
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Big hugs Trudi! Today hasn't been been my fave of days, but coming on and chatting with these lovely ladies has made me feel 100x better :)

'I'm proud of you' is definitely a big one for me. 
Danni
324 posts
Whenever someone (Particularly my partner, mum or grandparents) say "I'm so proud of you" or just in general seeing my grandparents light up when they're friends ask about their grandchildren and they start talking about me a little bit self centred but I'd do anything for my grandparents since they have been such a big part of my life and I really value my time with them and everything they do for me so when I see them proud of my achievements and being able to tell people about them it makes me want to cry a little, same with my mum being her only child I just try to do my best to make her proud. 
Macs
5351 posts
It's a hard one for me as I dont really have any family left around me. So I have to channel the strength within me to get through. I haven't had any of these compliments in a long time not since my mum. ps hope your day gets better
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Ohh I'm feeling that not the best day vibe today as well. I'm not sure what the most empowering thing somebody could say to me is, but I guess someone telling you they love/appreciate/fondly remember/think highly of types things would be up there.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I think with regards to empowering someone rather than giving them a hug and hoping that things will change for them I like being told I am doing well by my 17 year old son. He is my family basically as he's the only person I have here and that's hard at times. It's great when he comments on the little things I do for him and the bigger general picture :)
MareeB
5241 posts
I like to tell people 'good job', and 'well done', and also "I know you can do it" - my clientele are used to people having no faith in them, so it empowers them to know someone thinks they can achieve things!
MareeB
5241 posts
I also think we have to give strong messages to ourselves - our internal voices need to be louder than the external ones, and that comes with practice :) John  De Martini says that when the internal voices  are louder than the external ones, we have conquered our lives, and I'm inclined to agree with that. The fastest growing demographic is older, single women, so we need to be able to empower ourselves and stay strong.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Mareebros, that's so very true about the internal voices! It's hard to remind yourself to be your biggest supporter sometimes. It's definitely something that needs to be drummed in to most people on the regular, myself included!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
TraineeMUA that was my first thought also. Someone telling me they are proud of me is the best feeling ever, and is so validating, especially if I have accomplished something difficult.

I'm proud of you TraineeMUA and trudijoy for following your dreams! Get it ladies.
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks pifithrin xx :)
janini9
341 posts
For me, it's not what's said to me directly, but what people say about me to others that empowers me. Both the fabulous stuff and the less flattering stuff - all of it gets used to make me more than I am now.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
This is a really nice thread. I find it interesting to see what others find gratifying. For me it is statements like
your art touched me
that im intelligent
that I inspired someone 
that someone is proud of me 
you have great taste in books (this is actually one of the best things someone can say to me ahahaha). 
trudijoy
8375 posts
this thread might be the one I was talking about with a BR girly earlier, but regardless, it was a nice re-read this morning :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!