Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Possibly NBR - Buying yourself a Christmas Present

88 posts, 21 members
kirstyj
1732 posts
I would love to know if you guys are buying yourself a Christmas present this year? I always buy myself a wee something has I like to know that I'm getting something I really want :P

This year I don't know what I'll get so far. Been looking at The Daily Edited small makeup bag withy my initials on. They do some beautiful stuff, I have a bigger makeup bag from them that I'm loving.

So... are you getting yourself something? Or anything makeup wise on your Christmas Wishlist?
trudijoy
8375 posts
I always do haha. I have a half bottle of Möet for the EOY toast tomorrow, and set myself a hundred buck present budget for myself for Xmas. So far I've spent $80 of it on Real Techniques brushes and the remaining $20 is TBD...
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm kinda thinking I might by myself something in the lush Boxing Day sale as well. Haven't gotten anything from Lush in ages
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My Christmas present to myself was a beauty advent calendar. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
A few Lush bombs in the sale if I can manage it! I haven't tried any of the new ones *shock*. I'm wondering if the UK site do the sale, mostly because I'll be ordering a late xmas gift off their site, and a sale would be quite lovely :P 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I usually buy myself a little christmas gift but this year it might be a boxing day gift, because someone might buy me the gift I'm thinking of.
MareeB
5239 posts
I bought myself a Giorgio perfume gift set (which has yet to arrive via Fishpond). I'm thinking of making a wee list for Lush's boxing day sale..
Macs
5351 posts
I was hoping for Mariah Carey Mac. She's been my idol since I was a kid. I saw it's sold out on the site. I'll make a couple of phone calls to see if it's in two stores here if not I will indulge in Lush sales and some new Kicks on boxing day hopefully.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've seen that collection on Insta quite a bit Macs. Looks very pretty!
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm not sure if I'm speaking for all mums but I know thats it's just easier to sort out my own present! I did do a lush voucher but I'm bummed that I can't use it online. We don't have a lush store where I live, so I'm going to need to go to Hamilton in January to spend it. I haven't really sorted anything else out, I think I'm waiting for some boxing day sales. I remember last year, beautylish did a special mystery bag. I'm hoping they do the same this year.
-Bex-
611 posts
Yes Rezee I totally relate to that it's sooo much easier. I've just finished a bottle of Black opium La Nuit Blanche. I reallly need a new bottle didn't realise how much I loved it and now miss it. I have finished Christmas shopping thank goodness 7 kids, parents, grand parents, great grand parents, brothers and sisters good heavens it adds up fast 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am spending my 2 week holiday with my 86 yo nana so instead of buying myself a present I am going to spoil her and take her for a pamper day. So a gift for us both really :-)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I also relate Reeze! Now the kids are all done and dusted, I'll look at buying myself something. Nothing major because I don't need anything but a wee Lush haul in the boxing day sales maybe :)
MareeB
5239 posts
I just ordered a BBBE bundle. I really should have shares in the company - it really is the best thing since sliced bread!
MareeB
5239 posts
I absolutely love the red Opium Bex, is the Black much different or similar? I'd love to try it.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Oh Reeze I hope that beautylish does have that bag I forgot last year but saw Chikoboos blog about it and want one this year however I did me a gift this week a beautylish order since they're stocking jouer I needed to get my hands on their lip creme.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm going to get a lush boxing day something too as I've heard so much about them on here. So I've resisted any recent orders.
I managed to get a colourpop order in. Free shipping!
Kimrose
1415 posts
Maree, I love that fragrance,  I bought myself some when we were away. "We" got the Remington IPL machine for christmas this year. I am working again this boxing day so will miss the lush sale.
shazatron101
5112 posts
You won't miss the sale Kim! Last year I'm sure it went until Feb haha they added random things during that time, it was awful for my wallet lmfao 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I guess mine would be the Two Faced Chocolate Chip palette. Currently at Youshop waiting for me to pay postage for. It's the only thing I can classify as extra luxury at this point in time as I don't really count things I need (ie. face cleanser, eye cream, spf moisturizer, soap, body scrub, etc.) that I buy as gifts to myself.  I guess I'll see what the Boxing Day sales are too. I have some things I need to get but I want to treat my parents to some nice expensive stuff first and once that is paid for I can treat myself. Maybe I'll do a Lush order but only if the items I really want are still available and there is enough of them to make an order worth it. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Actually speaking of Lush gifts. I remember awhile back the BBBE had a special of spend over a certain ammount and get a Lush gift as a freebie. I'm curious what gifts you were lucky to get. 
MareeB
5239 posts
That's true Shaz, the Lush sale did go right throughout January. I was buying more every week as they did keep adding more products.

Red Opium is yum Kim, an oldie but a goodie!
Macs
5351 posts
I remember that. I was buying lots of Lush throughout January. I saw my kids with a Lush bag so I'm guessing they got me something from there. I wonder what they picked for me.
Ringy
825 posts
usually I do go and buy myself a few presents - This yearvi haven't got myself a thing. But still a week to go so you never know!
Koni
444 posts
I'd like to pick up the Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow palette, apparently Mecca Maxima will be releasing it on Jan 31st. However it's quite possible my chances are slim of getting one so perhaps like Renee and Keri I'll go with a Beautylish Lucky Bag - it was worth it last year - so hopefully they do it again.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Can you use the flexi payments with the lucky bag? I can't remember, but if you can I'll do that - I want to get a few lipsticks too :P 
MareeB
5239 posts
Oooooh when do the beautylish lucky bags come available ladies? sounds like something I'd be up for....
kirstyj
1732 posts
I had forgotten about beautylish, I feel a spend up coming on!
Macs
5351 posts
I was offered their flexi payment scheme. Not sure if they do it for the Lucky bag. I had a look at unboxings of it . Looks really good.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I just got an email about the lucky bag & even though I have flexi payments atm I can still purchase the lucky bag which I entered my email for notification
tannygirl
3392 posts
Does anyone know which brands are in the lucky bag this year and how much is the bag?
Ringy
825 posts
is there a list anywhere of what was in last years bag? I'm very curious!

MissQT
1547 posts
I always treat myself on Boxing Day sales. However I did do a color pop order with my sister and also bought some nail polish at farmers. Oh and I bought some pants at glasson too. I'm intrigued by this beautylish bag too.
trudijoy
8375 posts
OH yeah I also got two Christmas beauty boxes. And a TV... oops :D
Macs
5351 posts
I have secured Mariah lipstick. I missed out on Mimi skinfinish. Never mind I look forward to watching the mailbox.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
My presents didn't even make it under the tree, let alone get wrapped. I have let myself have them early, the Balm Marylou and a small Black opium perfume. I did pick up a fruit works body butter today, I guess I could wrap it.
Koni
444 posts
Ringy, I don't know of any official list out there but if it helps I received the following brands in the Lucky Bag last year:
Wayne Goss
Kevyn Aucoin
IT Cosmetics
Anastasia Beverly Hills
Bioderma 
Becca

Tannygirl they cost USD75.00.

Shaz unfortunately you can't include anything else with a Lucky Bag order so they don't qualify for the flexi payments.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Boooooooo. that's okay. I didn't need it anyway ;-) I barely use the stuff I have so I'd rather spend the money on things I'll use... like Lush :D
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Yay Koni those brands have me swooning. I reckon it's worth the price you pay all those items in full size imo

When I mentioned flexi payments I may have confused everyone what I meant is although I have flexi payments I can purchase the Lucky bag out right which is so good for them to honour such a thing.

I only made another order last week & it's out for delivery in my town.
Rezee
1964 posts
Koni, do you remember the date that the bag was released last year? I also put my name down for the early release. So hoping I can pick one up!
Macs
5351 posts
I put my name down for it too. Everything looks high end. Would love to try it. Hopefully I can get one. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Reeze I think it's boxing day
tannygirl
3392 posts
I just put my name down for the e-mail notifications of when it's available. Where did you see the unboxings of this year's one Macs? I'd love to get a sneek peak.
Macs
5351 posts
I just typed it in on google and you tube. I still dunno how to link . Even though it's been explained to me lots of times . 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I think these are the goodies from the box that Macs mentioned earlier. It says unboxing of Beautylish Lucky Bag 2016 but this article is from January this year. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I looked up unboxings of the ones that arrived in January this year, on Youtube. Oh wow! Each unboxing everything was high end and pretty good bets. The things varied from box to box but I did notice some similarites - Everyone got an eyeshadow palette, bioderma water, brush or brush set and some sort lip balm/product. Oh this box is so on my list now! I don't have a huge makeup collection so I have space for any new makeup or makeup tools or if it's skincare I'll definitely use that up. If not well, then it will be gifted to some friends and family.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Koni is the 75 USD including shipping to NZ? Or how much is the additional shipping costs?
Koni
444 posts
Shaz that's a great plan - you can't go wrong with Lush!

Renee, Keri's right it's going to be released 26th Dec so that will be the 27th Dec in NZ.

Tannygirl it's an additional USD10.00 for shipping.

Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I bought myself some gothic boots and dresses that I have been paying off since October.  Most expensive shoes I have EVER bought but $450 and $300 for dresses spread over three months doesn't seem so hard on my wallet.  I get them in the new year and omg I can't WAIT!!   I am so glad that you lovelies get to spoil yourselves!  Often being a mama or a partner we buy all the other pressies and forget about ourselves. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!