Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

passport photo

60 posts, 30 members
MissQT
1547 posts
So I need to renew my passport and it's been ages since I had my photo taken. Can you get away with minimal makeup and I take it you're not allowed to smile? Also i believe the photo is in colour now too not black and white? Thanks,
RamblingRose
1280 posts
You are allowed to wear make-up for passport photos. It is a colour photo and no, you don't smile. Have a look at this link for the passport photo requirements
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I wore BB cream and had minimal makeup for my last passport photo and it was totally fine. If I didn't I'd look like a ghost! I think as long as it's kept to a minimum it should be fine.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Most pharmacies and post shops are trained on taking the photo properly. They are quite strict. Your hair needs to be off your face also - not hanging in front of it.
MissQT
1547 posts
thanks silvene, I was looking for a list of some sort!
triffid
151 posts
My pharmacy was great and even asked which photo I preferred before they printed it for me
Macs
5351 posts
My paaport photo is horrible lol I didn't get it proffesionally done either. I regret getting it done the way I did lol I have no make up on at all. I never knew you could. Good to know. Wish you luck with your photo.
MrsRosie
214 posts
I will confess.... I ended up getting my passport photo done twice as the first one was horrific and I didnt want to be looking at it while travelling. I got the second one taken at a different postshop and the lighting was totally different and I was much happier with the outcome - extra $20 well spent imo! I wore my normal full face of makeup and that was fine. Looks like the other ladies here at BR have answered your Q's.

Passport must mean some expected travel in your future....exciting!!
shazatron101
5112 posts
My passport has expired /cryface... but that's fine, we won't be going on holiday (at least out of the country) for a while yet. Things are happening ;-) And if you getting a passport, MissQT, means overseas trips, good luck and have fun!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
mines okay but not great. had it taken at a pharmacy and then decided to do a digital application but couldnt get the pic to cooperate. so mine was actually taken on an iphone, at work, with the kids watching, by a dear colleague who has since passed away - so it's a bit special
MrsRosie
214 posts
Shazatron101 - What is this news I keep seeing you add in on your comments...what have I missed!!?? totally fomo right now :o
Kikikiana
52 posts
I've just had mine done and I wore full face make-up and brows, I had cat eyeliner too.. mine got accepted?!??! I also had a fringe in mine???
i had 3 sets of passport photos taken cause I hated all of them. Everyone told me they were lovely but I just couldn't see it maybe because you can't smile and I get the reasons why but it still seems a bit silly to me. So in the end I decided on the photo I thought was the worst yup that's right the worst, because then if I'm traveling with no make up or casual as, they are not likely to look at the photo and go are you sure this is you lol on the other hand if you photo is average/bad likely to look better than that most the time :p 
MissQT
1547 posts
yeah I'm looking at going to Australia later in the year. They are quite strict about hair, I had my hair down but clipped and away from the away from the face and they said it needs to be tied up. Luckily I had a hair tie with me.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I wore makeup in mine. Just a bit of mascara and stuff. Nothing face shape altering like contour. It ends up in black and white anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Also a wee tip. I took my photo at home on my iPhone (well I got my partner to). You just have to make sure not to get a shadow so stand out a bit from a plain wall. My first photo had a touch of shadow in it so the lady from passport services rang me up and I just e-mailed her another one. That way you can get one that looks OK to you. Mine is terrible but I don't really care, no one sees it but me and the people at customs anyway :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well MrsRosie (and everyone else that reads this), now that it's FB official ... The man and I bought a house! Lol. Lovely 4 bedroomed villa and nobody knew it was for sale cos it was private so we had "first dibs". heheheh. :-D
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh Shaz, that's amazing news! Congratulations :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thanks Maree! Already have the countdown going hahaha (22 days til settlement) weeeee
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Omg! Congratulations Shaz! xx
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Woohoo Shaz that's awesome news! 
-Bex-
611 posts
Congratulations Shaz!! That's awesome news, exciting times ahead!
MrsRosie
214 posts
Finally you've put me out of my misery! What exciting news, HUGE congrats to you and MrShaz xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
MrShaz hahaahahah omg. That's great! But thank you ladies! Very exciting times ahead indeed. It's going to be nice living in a house with insulation bahahahahaha ;-) x
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Congrats on your new villa, Shaz & Mr Shaz! Such exciting news. 
pintsize
1072 posts
Yay for being able to do the big announcement Shaz <3 So proud of you guys
Not long to go now :D I reckon you need to do a big countdown clock ;)

And I dare you to start calling him Mr Shaz ;) with a helping hand of fairy dust just because :D xx
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Congrats on getting your villa Shaz. Exciting times ahead!
MissQT
1547 posts
wow so exciting Shaz! Congrats :)
Rezee
1964 posts
A 4 bdrm Villa! Without even seeing pics, it sounds lovely. Congrats to you both :)
Artemis
311 posts
Congrats Shaz thats awesome news! I imagine it being full of rainbow unicorn goodness ;)
Emily-jane
314 posts
Congratulations on the house purchase Shaz, how exciting for you.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Congratulations! How exciting. Oooh and interior decorating! Fun.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thanks you lovely ladies xx I debated on putting a picture up but when it comes to my privacy I'm one of those tin foil hat wearing people, so I don't think I will ;-) Plus, I mean... It's a shiny silver hat. What's not to love!?!?
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Congrats Shaz - very cool news... only a few days to go!
No smiling allowed, and you are not allowed to show your teeth or tilt head.....defInitely colour photo though, and of course makeup allowed. Good luck.
Congrats and welcome to the world of home ownership and mortgages Shaz!  Owning your own home is the ultimate :) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
So it seems like passport scamming is a thing now!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
No thanks, scammer! I can do it myself lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dont suppose you also sell pens? Hahahahahahahahahahaha
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I guess they want to stay within the same theme as the fake passports and IDs.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Where are all those lovely winter coats now it's cold enough to wear them? Lol. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Hahaha I would've been in the market for a watch right now!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Lol good point Soozie the winter coats would have a been a better hit around now.
Helibabi
101 posts
Congrats on the house exciting times :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
holy crap! it's been 2 years since we've been in this house! well, 2 on the 31st. oh how time flies :-) 

lets see what's happened
i've....
broken the toilet
and the shower
and the hose but that wasn't my fault
been to the hospital twice
cooked
burned
been burnt 
laughed
cried
watched the shed roof blew off
sobbed hysterically
called the fire brigade
had a panic attack
made an insurance claim
gardened rain or shine
rain danced
spent over $1000 on vet bills
found out my cat has aids
bought expensive furniture

but i suppose, the best thing and definitely most important of all, i realized that i'm an incredibly lucky woman to have such awesome friends and an incredibly supportive fiance who puts up with my race car crying when i'm having a meltdown

tabucutie
1811 posts
Wow shaz that's a lot of life you have lived in a couple of years!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well i thought so but looking back people might think im actually utterly boring! Better than being in your face annoying i guess hahahaha :-P
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg that is a great list Shaz, it cracked me up. Your cat has aids??? Lol can cats get aids. Our kitty disappeared a few weeks ago and the neighbour just found he dead under his house :-(
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh lisa thats awful!!!! Aw no im so sorry to hear that x :-(

And yep they can, feline aids lol. He had another disease "pillow foot" which is often associated with the feline aids so it was kinda telling but actually hearing it still made me have a meltdown at the vet, and in the car, and later that night.
He was in a cone for a bit more than a month, and no outside time. I put him on a leash and walked him around though hahahahahaha he hated it but for 2 hours a day he was allowed out on his leash to eat grass and feel the breeze in his fur.

The things i do for my babies lmao
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
How is your kitty doing now, Shaz? I knew about cat aids but haven't heard of pillow foot. 

Oh that's heart breaking Lisa-Lou. I'd be devastated if anything happened to my kitty. He's barely left my side whilst I've been home on holiday. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
So sorry to hear about your cat Lisa. :-(

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!