Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Ouch! When things go on huge discount after you buy them

17 posts, 11 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sephora have the KVD Metal Matte palette, my current fave, which I've had three months and adore, for half what I paid for it - and I got it in person at Sephora in October.

I'm glad I got it when I did, but... ouch!
shazatron101
5112 posts
are you JOKING !!!! I bought that for Shana for xmas... what a slap in the face
trudijoy
8375 posts
down to $48 :/
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well I've laid a complaint, I don't care. A $20 discount wouldn't have annoyed me as much as a freakin FIDDY DOLLA ONE >:( and none of the words I want to call them are BR safe :'( hahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i don't think it sold as well as they'd hoped because the price was expensive and everyone went mental over the ABH, Kylie Jenner and Huda ones (which I don't understand) and kinda missed this one.

It's spectacular, but... meh. Luckily I've just redeemed my Sephora birthday gift, to make me feel better!
JessB
219 posts
Ouch is right! You're gonna have to keep us updated as to the response to your complaint Shaz haha. Very curious now!
MissQT
1547 posts
Oh I hate when this happens! It always happens after you've waited so long for an item and suddenly decide to buy it then it comes in special a week later! 50% off is even worse too!!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I hate it when that happens. It's happened to me twice recently things that were never on sale then suddenly went to clearance after I finally brought them.
Ringy
825 posts
this is where my procrastination about buying things helps...I wait soooooo long humming and haaaing that eventually they go on sale and I buy.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Yes this has happened to me many times. Especially annoying when you had to scrimp and save and forgo certain food items.

But if it does make you feel better, Trudi and Shaz, I did keep a close eye on that palette at Sephora.nz because I was tossing up whether to get it or not and it did sell out and disappear before it came at back half price. If you click on it, you'll find it's a "waitlist me" item but if you look there are some limited edition items that have waitlist me for months. So you can go on the waitlist but it's probably sold out. I think if you want one you'd have to check the KVD website and see if they still have it in stock. 
Macs
5351 posts
I do the same thing Ringy. Like the beautylish bag but I decided too late lol.Oh Well
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha yes tannygirl that definitely helps, thank you
MareeB
5239 posts
I'm the opposite usually - buy something impulsively then get frustrated when it's half price next week. I'm getting better though, I wait for enticements now as there's always someone else trying to sell the same thing - and shopping via the internet helps heaps - may the best man win :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Aaand the KVD Metal Matte palette is gone again..poof. It was just on the site this morning. 
Julieal
915 posts
It happens to us all doesn't it !!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Supposedly it was an error, and it wasn't supposed to be listed as $48. They've taken it off the site to "ammend the incorrect details"
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I think Sephora has had a few pricing issues. It definitely sucks when you buy something and that happens. I guess someone would have been stoked to grab a bargain though. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!