Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

21 posts, 12 members
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Did anyone watch the Hilary meets Oprah on TV3 the other night? I recorded it as I wanted to watch uninterrupted.

That lady Oprah is (cough) ah maaazing! She talked about sitting, being calm and not letting the negatives drag you places.

When asked about her money and why she gives to certain charities she had liquid in my eyes! There was a story she told about her family not having christmas. How some nuns turned up with a package so she wanted to do this for a family. She packed up trucks and delivered many many gifts to many villages. She got flack for how she did it, her answer was simple, those kids may not remember the doll or the outfit, but they will remeber someone thinking of them.

Oprah also talked about a girls school she has set up and how she sits teaches the students.

If you haven't watched it I highly recommend watching on demand. Her message was simple. I picked it up to be... Love yourself. Love others. Stay away from forces pulling you to the negative energy.

Seems like a perfect message to me.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I adore Oprah! Hope I can find this somewhere on demand to watch :) Sounds like my kind of message as well.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I reeeally want to see this! I had no idea she interviewed Oprah. TV3 NOW keeps telling me the video is unavailable and I can't find it anywhere else, so if anyone finds it can you please post the link here :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
It says you need to watch on the TV3 NOW ap.

I just found it on you tube. It's there to watch I can't link sorry
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh farmers-wife, that's a very inspirational and uplifting message for a Sunday morning, thank you x
Macs
5351 posts
Definately add it to my programs to watch. She's given away millions of dollars over the years. 
Great idea to watch Farmers-wife. So much negativity and sadness in the world. Good to be brought back down to earth sometimes and make a difference in someone's life. Life is short. X
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Such a good message - and I love Oprah, she's absolutely amazing
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Mareebros you're welcome. So over seeing people being negative. If Oprah doesn't make you stop and listen then who will? She makes everything simple in her messages.
How fortunate will the people be that get to go and see her when she is here!

It's Christmas time, the time for love and caring and hopefully lots of positive random acts of kindness
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Thanks Ong, TV3 NOW eventually worked for me lol that age old situation where technology + me = fail.

Gosh I love Oprah. That just warmed my wee heart. I must admit, I found Hilary a little cringey to watch throughout it, but I'm sure she was probably just a little intimidated by the fact that she was meeting Oprah, I know I sure would be!

The message I loved most from that interview? Don't compete with anyone else, be the best you and don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Amen to that! 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'm so pleased you got to see it. Totally agree with the amen to that! Was I a sook or did u get a touch of liquid in the eye?
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha, no you weren't a sook, you were a normal, empathetic soul :P I did get a lump in my throat when she was talking the fact that the kids would've known that they hadn't been forgotten at christmas. Bless!
trudijoy
8375 posts
argh i love that message.

Having to deal with negativity coming from other peoples perceptions of my reality constantly atm so need to paint it on my wall or something!

I heard Hilary B talking about this on the radio but the message I heard from that was:

'Your legacy is simply the impact you have upon the lives you touch'

I reckon the two tie in together.  If you're loving yourself, loving others, and staying away from negativity, your impact on other people (and thus your legacy) will be positive.  It's largely the way I'm trying to approach life atm - makes so much sense!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
You dont let it get to you. You're strong and thats a great quality to have.
That's absolutely true! She is such a inspirational lady. I have things I want my children to remember me by and hopefully grandchildren. I'd be sad knowing what I try to teach them doesn't get passed down through my legacy :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks FW! I am strong, I just forget sometimes :)
Lutece
1849 posts
Ohhh just reading your thread was tearful and I havent watched this yet. I will be watching this tonight, it sounds like an incredible, uplifting and motivating interview.

Thank you Ong for sharing, it sounds wonderful :) 

What Oprah does is beyond words, she is such an amazing and uplifting woman, I see many girls on here that have the same love that Oprah does. Its great to see so many woman supporting and uplifting eachother in one place, it sends an amazing message to our youth xxx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Wow, I love Oprah, she's such an inspiration and so loving and giving too. Thanks for sharing Ong x
Designer-mic
249 posts
Sounds awesome. To much negativity in the world fore sure. I must come down for a make up/Oprah session. And maybe a wee wine. :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I highly recommend watching Lutece. You're welcome sarah x
Michele there is always wine here ;) might have to wait until we are all back k from ac/dc!
Designer-mic
249 posts
Yes indeed. No time prior. See you in Welly love.
SandyGedge
394 posts
Oprah is AMAZING to say the least! I record all her programs on the TLC channel. I recently watched a double episode of her life. Wow what a strong woman! So inspirational

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!