Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Online shopping

29 posts, 13 members
just incase any of you ladies shop online here's one to avoid from fair go.
Beauty selfie.co.nz not to sure I would think of that name for a site that sells discount beauty items
-Bex-
611 posts
?I saw this last night too stunning, pretty shocking isnt it. i was hoping none of the BR gals were caught up in it
Emily-jane
314 posts
Thanks for sharing :) 
Macs
5351 posts
I just watched it. I haven't had a bad experience iN a while.Thank you for sharing. 
What online shops do you ladies shop from?
Maybe a good place to have a list of good and ones people have had problems with?
Emily-jane
314 posts
I try to buy from stores mostly so I can look at the products before I buy it. Just do your research before purchasing from online shops. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
That's really scary and sort of sounds like scammers are at work, or just a really badly run website with awful customer service :(
?I have a few online shops i shop from, but my best advice is do your research purchasing from any online store....Find reviews, google them, look at them on facebook, look for comments under photos and always read either the visitor posts or the reviews given from previous people. If I can't see those I don't shop at that online store.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Yeah I saw that. I prefer to only buy from shops though and if I do buy online it's only from websites I know a lot of people trust.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
It depends but I do try and stick with major retailers when buying online. I have bought from some smaller retailers that have had good comments from others in BR after all how would I have found my Bossy brush cleaner without it, but in those cases I have placed a small order to begin with to test the service first.
MareeB
5241 posts
Perfume NZ is ok isn't it?
Emily-jane
314 posts
I wasn't sure if we are allowed to mention stores on the forum? So I removed part of my last post. It does pay to read reviews but generally find most online stores in NZ great to deal with.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey Emily-Jane - store mentioning is fine on the forum as long as they're authorised NZ distributors of beauty :) 
Ringy
825 posts
I guess I live recklessly! I have frequently bought from obscure sites. I guess I've just been lucky so far!
MareeB
5241 posts
Ok, so I've just bought some perfumes from smellycat.co.nz. I hope they're reputable...
Emily-jane
314 posts
Thanks for clearing that up head pixie :)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Maree my Mum has frequently purchased from that website x
MareeB
5241 posts
Cool thanks Amy! I can happily just wait for them to arrive now then :)
siouxsannah
261 posts
Thank you for all these beauty site shopping recommendations. Unfortunately for my budget I have now seen a bunch of OPI nail polishes that I want from Smellycat (awesome Friends reference). I am trying to fight off the urge to buy them. 
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I checked that video out. Quite shocked that this is happening closer to home. I do make online purchases but only from reputable companies or recommended sites. Another way is look up reviews online before shopping.
MareeB
5241 posts
My 5 bottles of perfume arrived from smellycat.co.nz today, carefully wrapped and in pristine condition. I only ordered them over the weekend so didn't expect them until tomorrow at the earliest. Great service!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Awesome Maree good to hear! What did you get? :)
That's handy to know that site reminds me of the friends tv show
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Holy moo cow Maree that is speedy service. I expect that in Auckland.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Auckland has sloooooow service, it's so annoying. Things sent from 2 suburbs away can take a few days to get to me :/
MareeB
5241 posts
Amy I got:  Dot - Marc Jacobs ( disappointing), Robero Cavelli eau de parfum (love it) Givenchy Very Irresistible (love it) Gucci Guilty (kinda nice) and Gucci Premiere (Gorgeous!!!!).  Been on a perfume binge, that's for sure! Now I want to try some others...
trudijoy
8375 posts
Maree I got Very Irresistible for mum for Mothers Day; it's lovely!
MareeB
5241 posts
I loved it too Trudi. Of the five of them though, Gucci Premiere was the clear winner, it is just divine!

I've been dying to try some new fragrances. For years I've been gifted perfumes and usually the same ones I already had, so it's been nice to be able to purchase some I haven't tried. I'm loving it. I'm going to try the Kim Kardashian ones next, as they sound musky and I love spicy and musky perfumes.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Are they just wee ones Maree? I'd never get through that much perfume xx

i currently have 2 teeny L'Occitane ones, my Victoria's Secret Tease Noir, and my Victoria's Secret Bombshell mist... Plus the one I won on BR: Valeur Absolue Serenitude and I def don't need more atm lol
MareeB
5241 posts
Yep, 5ml minis. I love it, it's the best way to try them, rather than slow agonising trips to the chemist trying on one at a time. Except..I dropped the Gucci Guilty on the lounge carpet this morning and spilled quite a lot of it...weirdly, it hardly smelt, not a good sign....

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!