Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Old school beauty promo lines

16 posts, 7 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'll start...

Pantene: 'It won't happen overnight but it will happen'

Wella: 'You can tell a Wella woman by the way she wears her hair, you can tell a Wella woman anywhere!'
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The only one that popped into mind was "Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline."  You don't hear that on their ads anymore. 

I couldn't really think of many other beauty related ones, just a bunch of other products that I remember from growing up in South Africa, so the tag lines probably wouldn't make sense to too many people who grew up in NZ. I did manage to find a link though, if you're keen to look at tag lines & adverts from a different country.  The companies may have run different ads in different countries. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I thought of one, but its for dog biscuits not beauty... Tux keeps them full of life, fit as a fiddle sharp as a kniiiiiiife... thats more the theme song than the slogan but.. u kno. 
MareeB
5244 posts
"I'm Farrah - love my shining hair". My bestie and I only ever used Farrah Fawcett shampoo and conditioner when you could still buy it. And no joke, it was fantastic!
trudijoy
8375 posts
LOL shaz!

Ooooh Easy, breezy, beautiful CoverGirl!

L'Oreal - because you're worth it.
MissQT
1547 posts
Silvene, the maybelline one instantly popped into my head too! I've never heard of the wells or Pantene one either.

one that I thought of was: take care, garnier.
Macs
5351 posts
One old school one was suzanne paul Natural Glo and her phrase "But wait there's more". Only kiwi inspired one I could think of lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
'thousands of luminous spheres!' Macs :p

that 'NATchril Glow!' (say it out loud!) ad is full on kiwiana!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was looking up Impulse cos why not - they did a moisturizer!?!?!? what! I would have totally bought this! lol
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Shaz, I don't think that they released the moisturiser here, shame on that.

How about the oldies
- I really can't get by without my mum, like dictation with Mr Smithers
- Stay cool, just use your charm
- Nothing beats the greasies like agree beats the greasies
- Don't wait to be told you need palmolive gold

MareeB
5244 posts
"Give up the rest because the best is Free and Easy" (shampoo and conditioner).

Ultra Brite toothpaste, the taste you can really feel, Ultra Brite gives your mouth..da da da dum..sex appeal!"
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh Trudi - Suzanne Paul - the voice that can grate cheese! Remember that reality show where she and Anthony Ray would go to someone's house and cook for them, dress them, and then leave them to have tea with their family? I cannot remember what it was called....
shazatron101
5112 posts
i love suzanne paul ahhahaha she was on some reality show on a farm? and one of the gents annoyed her and she was all irate at the camera "oooh hes a nasty piece of knitting" she reckons. that saying has stayed with me for so bloody long! i cant even remember the show but it was pretty great haha :P
Macs
5351 posts
I vaguely remember that programme Maree. A lot of suzanne's sales pitches really stuck in my mind suzanne clip , massage pillow lol 
trudijoy
8375 posts
these are giving me the lols.

Maree - Guess who's coming to dinner?
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh that's right Trudi - guess who's coming to dinner lol! Suzanne might have a terrible voice, but wow, she used it to make a fortune - I can't help but be very impressed by that :) funny...

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!