Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

57 posts, 28 members
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I meant to post this thread earlier, but better late than never right?

Who is in for No Buy July (BR vault excepted of course)?

If you are not up to a no buy, perhaps you could try and purchase things mindfully, or work on organising your collection.

I myself prefer a replacement only no buy, with flexibility and exceptions. It works for me, and I've really been enjoying using and appreciating what I already have.
trudijoy
8375 posts
definitely not for me this time round (three airports, 3 duty free ranges, plus Japan!) but I'll be in for August :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't need anything, so unless Bossy come out with something new it'll be no spend for me :-) 
MareeB
5241 posts
Already too late I'm afraid! Among other things, I bought Palmers shea body butter (yum, divine) today..
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I'm in! Oh, except if Trudi finds the LE coconut Fix Plus on her travels, then I'll be kindly asking her to snatch that up for me as I'll be running out anyway, but that's it! :)
Mila
1209 posts
I always want to jump on board with these but I know im lying to myself haha
chikoboo
3402 posts
I was all hyped up to do a couple no buy months to help us reach our deposit sooner, but then I saw all the new releases this month and well.....it won't be happening just yet ;)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Omg Mareebros, that Shea body butter is my favourite scented body butter ever. So jealous! Mine ran out and I can't convince myself to repurchase as it doesn't actually moisturise my limbs all that well lol but it smells sooo gooood. It's kinda like a manly scent..but not. 

I wish I'd kept the empty container to smell, for times like this.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
With the BRBB due at some point, I'm saving pennies for that.
trudijoy
8375 posts
if i find it then you can pay me in august sarah :p
RachLouise
218 posts
My no buy July has already gone out the window but I can start from now. Way too many temptations out there!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Excellent! Mareebros you can start from now too if you like. It doesn't have to be a flat out no buy either - perhaps one or two purchases a week, but only if you really want them?

It's a flexible thing. Practicing conscious consumption. I just like 'no buy July' because it rhymes.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I'm definitely doing a no buy! I have a 3 month Horror Block subscription and bought a couple of adult colouring in books to keep me sane from trying to buy stuff. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ummmm, well in the last ten minutes I've finally bought the Mimco bag I've been telling myself I don't need for the last six weeks. And will be checking out Lush's midwinter Xmas on the way home. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm definitely not doing a no buy, but I am focusing on essentials and investing in a few good, high end pieces to keep me going while I do my course at Cut Above. This week I have to get my laptop fixed again *mega sigh* and buy some skincare stuff but I'm thankful for the skincare in the vault that's going to save me a bit of money. 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I am only going to buy essentials like skincare products kind of forgot to get myself a new exfloilater in my order I made with nutrimetics so that will be a must next pay and I also wanna get three of the metallix eyeshadows from australis. I am going to Wellington next weekend and will be getting out cash. I want to only buy some nice fashionable tops and I need new jerseys but will be also looking in Kmart to get cheap bargains and am hoping I don't spend more than $350 there
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'm going to try for sure. Have a massive project on the horizon and every spare cent will be needed.
Agh who am I kidding, I'm a suckered for pretty things!
Macs
5351 posts
 I don't think I'll do a no buy. I just know I won't be able to do it.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
I'm not going to take part as there are some things I need plus also want to buy! I'm almost out of shampooso am going to try another one of the new lush solid shampoos and at the moment my body skin is so dry that it's got red rough patches that looks like a rash! Not attrative at all so want to get lush dream cream to help :)

Good luck to everyone taking part of no spend July though! 
MareeB
5241 posts
Ooh! NZSale had lots of gorgeous handbags and I was soooo tempted, but managed to give it a swerve. I love handbags and shoes but hate buying clothes so the handbags and shoes end up being only wardrobe decoration :(
alikat
423 posts
Not sure I can commit to a no buy as my cheif enabler flies in three weeks from now. But the bad USD is sure helping.

I'm eyeballing the True NARS lip pencil set. Not for the LE pencil, but for the packaging.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I'd like to start my "Low Buy July" now... I didnt spend any money yesterday, or today.
I might need a sticker chart ;)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, get those fabulous shoes and handbags out of the wardrobe! I'll use the bag I've just bought every day so that makes it a bargain, right? Lol. Managed to get out of Lush with just a Candy Mountain bubble bar and Celebrate body lotion. And a new box of tea from my other favourite shop T2 was free as I've acquired so many points. 
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
nooooo I have to buy 
I need it I want it I have to have it  ah I buy it x
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'll join everyone on this one! My exceptions are the BRBB, BR Vault, a mascara (the elf one I'm trying is crap), and if I come across that Olay scrubby brush. I'm trying to save for a new car (my Rover is just not doing the trick)
Julieal
915 posts
Too late for me -I had a spending spree last week as I was staying with my daughter who lives near Dress mart-Maybe August ?
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I am going on a low/no buy.. but i am timing it so it conincides with my creditcard month which goes from the 15th to the 15th. That way, i can actually appreciate that i did not spend a penny! But that does exclude the BRBB.. and the Beauty Vault.
MissQT
1547 posts
I'm going to jump in and join he low buyers (my exception will be he BRBB) 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I think I'll do the no buy August lol. This is more realistic and basically so many goodies are being launched this month go figure basically because it's summer in USA I guess it's the time for their launches IDK anyway to be realistic it'll be a no buy August.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
AlikatNZ please remind yourself (if it helps), what is your chief enabler bringing??? Could it be all the stuff you have had delivered to their house?
mint-ray
7 posts
I've already failed No Buy July! I don't think I'd ever be able to go a month without buying (eeek!) which is not good for the uni life. I'm sticking to No Plastic July which I guess is going to give me some sort of accomplishment at the end of the month. Let me know how your 'No Buy July's went, and if you had any weak points (:
alikat
423 posts
ragingfrog - Yes. The list is huge and all purchased while the USD dollar is reasonable. Sephora has dropped off my list of most visited website. I'm still lusting after some Charlotte Tilbury, but that might be my christmas present to myself.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
mint-ray can you explain No Plastic July a little more? I'm intrigued.

If we can make it through today that's seven days down ladies!
DianaN
143 posts
I was totally going to do no buy July, but then Bossy came out with their sale so I'm aiming for a low-buy July instead. 
MrsO
196 posts
I can't guarantee a no buy this month, if I need something, I'll buy it, simple as that.
Danni
324 posts
I think I'll do no spend August! hahah my birthdays in September right at the start so I'll go nuts the first couple of days of the month :P
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well blow it all. I am probably going to do a bossy order, I want the beauty blender thing... and mine and Shana's lush order just turned up and after smelling snow fairy I'm like... Do I need it?? Do I?!?!!? :\ first world problems
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
shazatron101 you are so funny, and yes you probably do need it. My order from Lush came today aswell, and i will just say how impressed i am by how quickly it came! Amazing. (oh and it also has the snow fairy in there aswell, i have to see what all this hype is about)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahah Binary. I had a really good smell, and I borrowed a pea sized amount (thanks Shana! :D ). Unfortunately I found it to be a little drying on my hands, which was a real let down, so I think I saved myself some coin (which I just spent at bossy... ) 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
How is everyone getting on? I bought some shoes today, still no beauty products though! Any strategies for avoiding weekend shopping temptations?
alikat
423 posts
So far all I've bought is the True NARS lip pencil set in the Nordstrom sale. I owe my sister $75 now (Because she has a Nordstrom card and I dont) and she'll bring that over with my haul. OMG. 

And an essie nail polish. And a blush from Essence.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
That lip pencil set is stunning! Which Essence blush did you get? I keep seeing those gorgeous ombre ones everywhere.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I bought a bunch of eyeshadow palettes (no surprises there), a couple more LA Girl Matte glosses and the Too Faced Bonjour Soleil bronzing trio which I am dying in love with!
alikat
423 posts
 Got the Essence Silky touch blush. Omg the pigmentation is amazing. I got the shade Kissable and it's a wee bit darker than MAC Springsheen and lasts about the same. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Just had Farmers-Wife come visit me (beautiful woman that she is!) and within 5 minutes she was showing me all her lovely Ro'Vie goodies and tempting me to break my No-Buy!!!
Macs
5351 posts
That would have been cool to meet her. Her food posts kill me every time. They look so good.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I have one of the ombre blushes from Essence and it's to die for. Definitely need to buy a ton of Essence next weekend when I'm in Pukekohe with my Mum!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Stop tempting me with Essence TraineeMUA!!!! I saw all the new products added today on BR for Essence and am so jealous!!! I feel like I need to come to Auckland just for Essence :P
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Come to Auckland, have a sleepover with me, go shopping :P It'd be perfect!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I failed. After I decided while walking past the shop to get my hair foiled, looks great but so expensive. I picked up body shop lotion $25 and then went to postie plus and got a beauty blender, mascara, exfoliating gloves and a small miki perfume $16. So so naughty of me.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!