Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Nbr, What is your sure fire cure for colds?

15 posts, 11 members
Kimrose
1419 posts
Help!  I am off to the Gold Coast on thursday and right now I am full of a cold. I know so many people have a great cure so lets hear it ladies.  I am going for a big ole shopping trip, I dont want to drag this cold along with me!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lots of chilli, garlic, vitamin C and honey. For me this means Korean cold cures: kimchi and yuzu Cha! I started feeling sick on Tuesday and hit the Asian supermarket straightaway and feel fine now. But as I am holiday, I've also gotten plenty of rest. Ive also taken 500mg doses of vitamin c two or three times a day. 

Hope you feel better soon. 
-Bex-
611 posts
Ester C. Wowzers they work wonders I could feel a cold coming on so I took a couple of tablets before bed woke up with nothing. A few weeks ago all 4 kids plus the man all had colds I took the Ester C and never got it and normally I'll get a cold the same time as the kids. I know some people have had coughs and colds for weeks this year they have been nasty.

I hope you do find a magic cure though so you can shop your socks off.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Immunofort, the fresh juice drinks with echinacea etc from tank or the supermarket (went the feijoa one this week though) and for the flight, codral, otrivin nasal spray and airwaves gum. Also if you're having wine on the plane have red lol

Kimrose
1419 posts
hehe, Trudi, my flight is 7am, a nice red might be a great way to start the day.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Time doesn't matter when flying lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap. It's always 4pm somewhere!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I came across this article for natural winter tonics. I haven't tried any of them yet but I'm sure they'd help.
Macs
5351 posts
I was sick when I went over there too Kim. I just used Cold and Flu tablets. I hope you become well soon. So exciting , its getting close now. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I'd take heed of Trudi's recommendation to take immunofort! I was getting sick every week at one point last year and started taking them on her recommendation in Sept - I haven't been sick since, touch wood!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I these tablets called Viralex (I think) before I travelled last time and that helped keep the colds away.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I swear by vitamin c...i take 1000mg high potency and up my dosage during winter. Also garlic, I add it to my meals everyday.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Prevention! In winter I take a winter supplement with zinc, vitamin C, garlic, echinacea and olive leaf and I never get sick.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Thanks ladies, what great ideas you have.  As I work in a pharmacy with loads of sick people coming in sharing all of their bugs I caught the lot this time.  On sunday I would have said I had "man flu".   Yes, I know, but I am happy to say I have improved to the point of going to work on monday and today and gearing up for the GC on thursday. 
Artemis
311 posts
Hope you're feeling much better and have a lovely holiday! I absolutely love hot lemon drinks when I'm sick. Between that, honey, and Panadol, that's pretty much all I take when sick

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!