Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR What Gets You in the Mood to Shop and Buy, Buy, Buy?

14 posts, 9 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I can be perpetually in this mood at times. I love the little thrill of anticipating a parcel in the mail, picking up something I've wanting for ages and scoring bargains. But at the same time I know there are times when I need to save money, like recently for my glasses when my perscription changed. That got me thinking am I always a happy shopalholic or are their times when I really don't feel like spending money?
   For me when I am sad about something specific say a relationship issue or having problems with someone or just general life problems. I actually completely lose the desire to spend and prefer to save. I think it's because when I have a problem I know what I truly want and those items online aren't going to make me happy or fix the problem, but the minute I'm happy again buying beauty products just applifies the happiness. And that's when if I have to save, I start filling up carts and then clicking exit. So basically when I'm happy and I'm buying more beauty products I feel like I'm getting more happiness and or thrill for my buck so I prefer to buy then so I can cash in on the good mood. 
   So what makes you click checkout happy? Are you a sad saver and happy spender or sad shopper and happy saver? 
MareeB
5239 posts
It's usually when I'm bored Tannygirl. This is where the digital age is lethal - if I had to go out to buy something I probably wouldn't bother, but it's easy to switch on the computer and impulse buy happily.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I don't really click the checkout button. But when I'm feeling down and am in somewhere like Farmers, I often end up buying something nice.
Macs
5351 posts
Usually Im click happy when I know I have lots of money to play with. At the moment I've been a bit sad and less motivated to buy. Im trying my best to save for our gold coast trip. Now instead of buying for the fun of it I buy if I really need it. 
I tend to spend a lot when I know I have money to kill! I've been very careful with my spending for about 3 months now. I still need to save for a couple panic purchases for perfumes before L'Oreal's corporate decides to reformulate them... 

Fortunately, I'm not so broke right now that I can't spend at all. I'm in the market for a few items right now!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I'm like a Pringle. 'Once you pop you can't stop' If I'm purchasing something online I'm shocking for finding the best bargin so I go to several websites then decided I need to buy more. Eventually resulting in 4 or 5 shopping carts on the go lol. If I'm shopping in town I'm genrally with my Mum and well.......She's shopping mad and it makes me happy and shopping mad at the same time lol
Pifithrin
1243 posts
If there's a sale or a GWP I find it very hard to resist.
MareeB
5239 posts
I just ordered some Kim Kardashian perfume - well, I have Bravo, so I am a Kardashian, and having the perfume just confirms that. Clearly.
Macs
5351 posts
Im Kardashian fan Maree. I have the pure honey fragrance. Which one did you buy? I wouldn't mind mind adding a a couple more of their scents to my collection.
MareeB
5239 posts
Glam, Gold, True Reflections, and Signature Macs. Can't wait to get them. I loooove perfume :)
MareeB
5239 posts
I'm a Kardashian fan too = who knew? I could watch them all day and all night, including Cait, which has been very good in relation to exposing more of the transgender issues to the world.
Macs
5351 posts
Haven't tried signature yet. Definately want Femme Fatale. I was following Caits journey for a bit there. Somehow I'm hooked on Minute to win it. My Kids try to do some of games on there lol
ragingfrog
1289 posts
It doesn't take much for me to be shopping, online or in person and it doesn't even need to be for me. I have wish lists loaded online at favourite stores in the everlasting hope that I can afford it when it is time to buy.
The bargain sales are starting to head to the avoid catagory simply because I have been known to drop $200 plus on perfume alone, mainly for my brother and one bottle for me. I'm fantastic at finding nice scents for him.
Today I limited myself since it was my RDO and popped off to St Lukes mall, and went sample gathering with a stop at both Mac and Farmers for foundation. I'm not happy with my current Mac foundation but I will make it work. I probably should have gotten a primer sample from Mac as well.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
What gets me in the mood to shop and buy? If I have had an amazing day, If I want to treat myself, if I have had a bad day, If it's rainy outside.. pretty much anything can make me buy some new things! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!