Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

12 posts, 8 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
And it wouldn't be complete without something breaking on you. Shout out to my shower, ya asshat >:( now I get to play the fun game of will the plumber turn up today or tomorrow!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Booooo thumbs down to your shower!!!  Hope it's nothing too bad Phtannon bein so close to xmas and all.  Lucky for us it's a nice day so yay!  And.....NO WIND!
shazatron101
5112 posts
no wind is a positive. at least i have my health. touch wood! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Sucks to be stuck in hot weather with no shower. I used to use wipes to freshen up all over when I didn't have times to shower in between shifts when I was temping. It's not the best option but it takes away the smell and you feel a bit fresher. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
It's been fixed! haalllellluurrrr. it's weird when you get a tradesman thats talkative! it almost takes the sting out of the bill.. almost. luckily (unluckily?) i was in the shower when it broke! and i now know how to operate the water mains, i'm practically a plumber now. 

and regardless of the fact that you may read this thread and not reply/care, its so excellent having a venting space. 
Macs
5351 posts
oh no that's not good at all. I hope gets fixed soon. 

Yesterday it was all going wrong. My vacuum broke. My washing machine died. . I was panicking thinking how am I going to have xmas if this dies. My partner managed to fix the washing machine motor. Luckily I found my reciept for my vacuum to return it. Thank goodness partner reciept hoarder. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ugh Macs that sucks!! Or doesnt suck in your case (vacuum cleaner joke). Good thing about reciepts, thats probably their only use! 

Mine stopped working for ages, I cleaned the filter and now it works like its brand new. I just have to clean the filter every time I use it, small price for a clean floor.
-Bex-
611 posts
Oh ladies I feel your pain why oh why do things HAVE to happen around Christmas. On Thursday I was on my merry way Christmas shopping and got rear ended :( thank goodness we have other vehicles but it's our big one that's easy to chuck kids and gear in. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Bex, I hope everyone was ok from the accident. I know that it probably won't get fixed before mid January at the earliest with assessing and quotes before the actual work is done.

Shannon as crappy as the shower is to break before xmas, I have seen overtime rates for plumbers and they scare me, because that is a lot of money that is not going into my beauty collection. As for receipts if you buy from some stores that hold a customer register that tracks what you buy, they can find you on the database.

Macs I despise vacuuming and I only have 40sqm to do. When the last one broke I left getting a new one for a month, a spider convinced me I needed a new one asap at that point. The washing machine situation reminded me of the dryer that broke before I left home, dad promised to fix it and get it working again, 2 months later mum gives up and buys a new one because he hasn't even looked at fixing it. The dryer was fixed shortly after that and sold by dad. Thank goodness your man got it sorted.
MissQT
1547 posts
Oh no hope no one was hurt Bex! Glad the shower is fixed now Shaz, our shower was out a few years ago for about a week due to a burst pipe. So we were using cold water and I used my grandmothers shower so I could wash my hair. Love the vaccum cleaner joke too haha
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh nooooo Bex!! How awful! At least you're okay and a car can be fixed/replaced. Your sweet face can't! I know what it's like too, except we were the ones rear-ending someone else. I know it's always the fault of whoever rear ends the other guy but in this case, when the muppet is at a complete stop in the middle of the road, then I fail to see how we are at fault lol. 

Ahhh yes the blessed database from the store, it's so handy. I feel like I've used that before but I can't remember why... I know when I used to shop at Farmers I'd just use mums Farmers card by telling them her name/address haha! 

Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I feel you on the shower front Shaz! We had the plumber out yesterday. We've had a soaking front door walkway and swollen front door frame from an unknown leaking water source! Carpet, wall, floor and door kept getting wet. Turns out there was a loose nut in behind the shower.Fixed now :) Now we have to dry everything out.

Now today on a stinking hot 30°+ day we have no water! The pump has broke! So now I'm waiting someone to come out an look at that!

Glad your shower is fixed! Aggghhh Bex! What a bum about the car :( I hope everyone is safe and well xx Macs, nothing worse than not having a washing machine and vaccum 2 things I couldn't live without. Glad your troubles have been sorted x :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!