Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR Over the Shoulder Boulder Holders

17 posts, 9 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Isn't that title catchy! ;-) 

Anyway. When the wires in your favorite bras pop out, how do you fix it? My brand new, not even a month old bra has just had the wires pop out. It's not even been washed 3 times, as you aren't supposed to wash them often anyway (so I've been told). Sad face :<
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Take it back if you've not had it that long - it's not fit for purpose! I've tried sewing them back in before but it's never that successful. So, take it back whilst you still can. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I agree, try taking it back, although I know some stores are sticky about returning or exchanging any form of underwear.  Maybe try phoning the store first and speak to someone before going in.

I've had that happen before and was able to slide the wire back into the bra and sew it closed.  Mine popped out in the centre of the bra and when I pushed it back, there was a little gap which meant that the wire had leverage and could slide around inside the bra. I wrapped a little bit of cotton wool on the end of the wire before sewing it shut.  The cotton wool prevented the wire from poking through again and I wore that bra until it practically fell apart a few years later!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
If the bra has done  this in less than a month then I would classify it as faulty. You are therefore entitled to ask them to fix the problem (the shop can chose to repair, replace or refund) under the Consumer Guarantees Act. This over rides any of the store's own refund/hygiene policies (can you tell I've taken a lot of stuff back? Lol)

Thats a good tip about the cotton wool, Silvene. I've always found the wire pops back through again when I just seen them back in but that would solve that. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've emailed the company, and I think what's more heartbreaking is that this was replacing a bra that had broken before that. I've also had a lot of bad luck the last few months, 3 others have also lost their lives thanks to wires coming out. 

I'm probably going to sew it up but I saw some plastic things on eBay that you slide the wire into and then the wire thing into the hole. They look pretty fandangly.

And lol yeah Soozie I can tell alright ;-) pretty handy to know though. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shaz, we also teach consumer rights in social studies, so hopefully lots of little people will also take things back lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
I don't know how to fix them. I didn't know they could be fixed or returned. My wires fallout a lot. I hope this company will replace it for you.
Kimrose
1415 posts
Shaz, I worked for Bendon for about 5 years and we found that a lot of the time the underwires came out because of the way they had been washed or not been fitted properly.Did you get fitted?  Did you hand wash or machine wash?, did you do the hooks up? Did you put it in a wash bag or pillow case to wash?These are all the questions I would have asked.The bra should be replaced because in y experience once the underwire comes out, it will happen again.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was "fitted" online - I measured myself and was told what my size likely was. So this bra was logically my perfect size, and it was, it fitted so good! But no, sadly not. Makes me sad. And looking around the websites for new bras, thinking maybe I'm just having bad luck with this brand, but they're all hideous beige nightmares. 
Kimrose
1415 posts
Good luck Shaz, it is one of the hardest things in the world finding that perfect fitting bra!  But when you do, oh boy oh boy!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I don't find the people who man the changing rooms particularly skilled in bra fittings anymore. The last proper fitting I had was at Victoria's Secret in the States so looking forward to going there again. 
Ringy
825 posts
That's really sucky. Thank goodness 3 children have sucked the life right out of mine- don't even need to bother with underwire ones anymore, I'm practically back in trainer bras. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I would definitely take it back, the underwires have popped out of mine before but not as quick as your one! Hopefully you'll get a refund or replacement. I use the wee bags to wash my bras in and find the longtivity of them has legnthed compared to when I didn't :)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Shazatron maybe it is just the brand you didn't say which one it was or size you are. So to assist with avoiding beige nightmares I have some suggestions to try 
- Rose and Thorne, some of the staff are ex Bendon, do you remember the rant from the Hawkes Bay person in Kmart re big ugly bras and all the pretty ones were for small people. This is the firm that sorted her out.
- Her Room, this is an online american store, they even have a know your breast section for picking the best style/fit on top of sizing. You can figure out your sizing from the charts and read reviews on some of them before ordering. They do a lot of brands from around the world. Shipping when I ordered took 10 days to NZ. It has conversion pricing so you don't have to work it out.
- Yours Clothing has branches in the UK and Online. I double check the size before ordering here out of habit. Shipping when I ordered took 8 days to NZ. It prices in pounds, euro, US and Australian.
I haven't done any returns with the international brands so I can't really comment on that side but I haven't had issues with the stuff I have ordered previously.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Sorry Froggy it was Rose and Thorne I was talking about! They've replied and want to skype/facetime but I don't think I will. I'm getting fitted properly in November so hopefully they know what they're doing. 

And lol ringy, if BR accepted emojis you'd get about 1000 of the laughing crying face
First Lady
957 posts
Whoa face time customer service?  I hope Queenie doesn't get ideas with facetime live chat!

Urgh underwires, I dread the day I have to go back to wires!  (and yet I sobbed in the changing room when I realised it was time for maternity bras!)

I defo second Amy about washing in a bag.  My friend who is a certified boob expert in the UK swears by gentle handwashing in mild eco dish wash liquid!

xxx
shazatron101
5112 posts
They're pretty cool, them Rose and Thorne gals. 

I'll try remember to pick up a bag seeing I've lost all of mine. Then we will see how long they last after that :-) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!