Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR It isn't Christmas without ...

19 posts, 14 members
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
In keeping with the season, we were talking about Christmas traditions at work recently and how without certain things it just wouldn't feel like Christmas.

For me it is the Christmas tree, Christmas carols and our annual Christmas brunch.

So what makes Christmas feel like Christmas for you?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Decorating the tree is one of my first Christmas loves, I wish we had a real one but left it a bit late and, to be honest, might just become a tradition when the kidlets start spawning. Other things include smelling freshly mown grass on a hot day, I dunno why but it just gives the essence of Christmas to me and makes me feel more in the spirit.

I was saying to the man the other day that it didn't really feel Christmassy this year, I dunno why. Even with the tree up, decorated and adorned with presents I just can't help but feel it's not as festive for me as it usually is. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Seeing all the houses covered in xmas lights. Putting up the tree definately. Eating brandy snaps and pavlova mmmmm :-) I also love wrapping gifts :-)
JessB
219 posts
For me the main thing is the smell of the Christmas tree. Don't get me wrong, I love putting up the decorations and lights. But the thing that sticks wtih me the most, that I remember always being associated with Christmas, is the smell of a real pine Christmas tree. Mm!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
The Christmas tree decorating, Christmas eve box, wine, a pav, family and smiling kiddies! Without those things it's not Christmas!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
For me, it isn't Christmas without our family's 'secret recipe' Christmas Biscuits.  This recipe has been heavily guarded and passed down through the generations from my great-grandmother (I don't know how many more generations is goes back), but these are "hard work" biscuits ... they take two days to make, as the dough has to marinate overnight before it can be rolled out, cut into festive shapes and baked. 

There's something about the spicy smell of these biscuits that brings back happy childhood Christmas memories and I actually find myself looking forward to making them each year (with Christmas Carols playing in the background, of course).

RamblingRose
1280 posts
There's also something about mulled wine and Christmas.  I know mulled wine is usually a winter thing but it seems to smell like Christmas with all those fruits and spices.  

I've been trying to find some of the elusive mulled wine powder that my hubby was told about a few months back.  Apparently, it's a powder concentrate that you simply mix with water.  It's supposed to be available from Pak 'n Save but when I asked at my local, no one knew anything about it and I looked in both the wine & beer section and the Brew Your Own section and there was nothing.  Has anyone seen mulled wine powder (concentrate) anywhere?  Or has anyone tried it?   
shazatron101
5112 posts
Silvene that sounds sooo familiar! Is it in a red packet? I feel like I've heard of it but I can't think of the name either hahaha
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
They did a mulled wine packet similar to that at liquorland too.

I haven't been feeling as Christmassy this year. It feels like Christmas needs to be next week. I did enjoy decorating the house though. It takes us a few days to deck the place out but it's very Christmassy.
Macs
5351 posts
My children were keen to put up our xmas tree . I let them decorate it. I just finished filling out kids stockings up. I have my Christmas Eve box to finish off. My kids been swimming in our pool lots. I will have a glass of wine to celebrate. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Lol! I have no idea what the mulled wine packaging looks like, I've never managed to find it.  My hubby and a work colleague happened to be chatting and hubby mentioned the awesome mulled wine that we had in a restaurant when we holidayed in the Coromandel and the colleague said we should try the mulled wine concentrate that Pak 'n Save sells. 

I've looked in 3 different stores but still haven't found it.  I'll look in LiquorLand next time I'm near one. Because it's been such an elusive product, it's just making me even more keen to find it and try it! 
MareeB
5241 posts
Yes, it's not Christmas without pav and new potatoes sending the smell of fresh mint into the air as they cook ( and lots of sparkling wine!)
Koni
444 posts
Gardenias, candles, trifle and moscato!!!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Without the singing of xmas carolls in the lobby at work
kirstyj
1732 posts
For me it isn't Christmas until we do the Secret Santa at work (which was today, and awesome).

Thing I love about it is we always do a present and a poem, it means you can be as creative as you like and make something up for the reason for the present. It always gets really funny and it is my favourite part of Christmas. I feel really really Christmassy now!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Twinkling lights, brandy snaps, a LOT of wine and cherries
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Christmas lilies, Church service, pavlova & a ham
MissQT
1547 posts
Christmas tree, ham and pavlova!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Omg yes Christmas Ham!!!! Yummmmmmy. I hope everyone had an amazing day!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!